• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Here's the paragraph where Oregon's Labor Commissioner, Brad Avakian, ordered the cease and desist.

CI9mc6lW8AAD5s6.png:large

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Two "same sex" threads top the list of what people on here are talking about. Seems like wasted energy to me.

It's about much more than the "same sex" issue. Sorry you can't see that.

Exactly. It isn't about the sex, it is about having to make special accommodations against one's convictions in deference to someone who is demanding those accommodations based on behavior rather than any reasonable cause. The problem is the destruction of everyone else's right to not be forced to violate their own consciences. As it stands right now, it would seem that there are only three choices is a situation like the wedding cake incident: Refuse and lose everything you have ever worked for, violate your own beliefs under duress, or kill the MFSBs and hope you don't get caught, which, incidentally, is the only chance you have of making a clean break from a situation you have forced upon you.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Here's the paragraph where Oregon's Labor Commissioner, Brad Avakian, ordered the cease and desist.

CI9mc6lW8AAD5s6.png:large

So where does it say they can't speak out about the court case, about their thoughts on gay marriage, etc. etc?

Looks to me like they are still free to do so. What they can't do is put a sign up that says "this business won't serve gays" or the like.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So where does it say they can't speak out about the court case, about their thoughts on gay marriage, etc. etc?

Looks to me like they are still free to do so. What they can't do is put a sign up that says "this business won't serve gays" or the like.

My guess is that the broad inclusion of any form of communication in tandem with the "any discrimination" could be interpreted very broadly even if not presented as a gag order per se.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Two "same sex" threads top the list of what people on here are talking about. Seems like wasted energy to me.

It's about much more than the "same sex" issue. Sorry you can't see that.

Exactly. It isn't about the sex, it is about having to make special accommodations against one's convictions in deference to someone who is demanding those accommodations based on behavior rather than any reasonable cause. The problem is the destruction of everyone else's right to not be forced to violate their own consciences. As it stands right now, it would seem that there are only three choices is a situation like the wedding cake incident: Refuse and lose everything you have ever worked for, violate your own beliefs under duress, or kill the MFSBs and hope you don't get caught, which, incidentally, is the only chance you have of making a clean break from a situation you have forced upon you.

Churches will never be forced to perform same sex marriages., and you can keep your insurance.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Oregon's a beautiful state, as is Washington and Northern California, but I think perhaps non-liberals should think about building a great wall across the Cascade and Sierra Mountains and pen the progressive crazies on the west side of the wall. It's the only way the rest of us will ever be safe in our homes.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Oregon's a beautiful state, as is Washington and Northern California, but I think perhaps non-liberals should think about building a great wall across the Cascade and Sierra Mountains and pen the progressive crazies on the west side of the wall. It's the only way the rest of us will ever be safe in our homes.

It is a shame that good people who desire to live in such s beautiful place have to live under such progressive leadership. There use to be a saying "America, Love it or leave it".

Now that it is transformed they will start using that against us.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    It is a shame that good people who desire to live in such s beautiful place have to live under such progressive leadership. There use to be a saying "America, Love it or leave it".

Now that it is transformed they will start using that against us.

11 + years ago, me and my business, left...

I've not regretted it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Top Bottom