• ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It seems to me that in this situation, a person has three basic options:

1. Capitulate on your beliefs and live with having done so.
    2. Lose most everything you have ever worked for in court to appease the gods of political correctness.
    3. Kill the bastard(s) the first time they darken your doorstep and at least you have some chance of getting away with it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It seems to me that in this situation, a person has three basic options:

1. Capitulate on your beliefs and live with having done so.
    2. Lose most everything you have ever worked for in court to appease the gods of political correctness.
    3. Kill the bastard(s) the first time they darken your doorstep and at least you have some chance of getting away with it.

But...fairness!?!?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yes, that's the argument, isn't it. It amazes me that it is 'unfair' to tell someone to find an amoral baker who doesn't care, but it is somehow perfectly fair to jack everything a person has spent his or her life working for over a cake.

Government is force. This serves to further demonstrate that whomever has the reins of power will use the club to force others to heed to their will. They all have their justifications but the truth is people are people and given the chance, they'll tend to use government force to achieve those ends.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Government is force. This serves to further demonstrate that whomever has the reins of power will use the club to force others to heed to their will. They all have their justifications but the truth is people are people and given the chance, they'll tend to use government force to achieve those ends.

Yes. Given INGO rules, I am going to stop with the observation that this street runs both directions.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    So a muslim truck driver sues the trucking company for making them haul a load of alcohol and wins.
    Feds Get Muslim Truckers $240k after Getting Fired for Refusing to Transport Alcohol - Judicial Watch

But a Christian refuses to make a cake for something they don't agree with and gets charged with a crime?

How is this any different in principle? Both were only standing up for their beliefs.

It is only different because the bakers had less of an obligation to the customers compared to the Muslim and the trucking company. The Bakers hadn't entered any sort of contract, the Muslim had. The consequence for the bakers should have been a lost sale, and the driver a lost job. We live in a sick society.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So a muslim truck driver sues the trucking company for making them haul a load of alcohol and wins.
    Feds Get Muslim Truckers $240k after Getting Fired for Refusing to Transport Alcohol - Judicial Watch

But a Christian refuses to make a cake for something they don't agree with and gets charged with a crime?

How is this any different in principle? Both were only standing up for their beliefs.

Christians need to sacrifice their beliefs and practices to make others feel accepted.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Leaf through your little book, and find that you're all booked up for that day. If the nature of the relationship isn't entirely clear beforehand and you book them anyway, maybe you have to tend to an unfortunate family emergency. Some things you just can't predict.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    This whole episode has simply been proof that humans can fight over the most asinine things and personally I find fault on both sides. The bakery owners behavior was reprehensible and I defy anyone to prove it was no different then how a Jew would have been treated in Nazi Germany in the late 30s. Discrimination is discrimination is discrimination. The Golden Rule applies.
    And for the so called victims...well get over it, life is too short to be getting all butthurt every time you come across someone that disagrees with you or your life style.

MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    This whole episode has simply been proof that humans can fight over the most asinine things and personally I find fault on both sides. The bakery owners behavior was reprehensible and I defy anyone to prove it was no different then how a Jew would have been treated in Nazi Germany in the late 30s. Discrimination is discrimination is discrimination. The Golden Rule applies.
    And for the so called victims...well get over it, life is too short to be getting all butthurt every time you come across someone that disagrees with you or your life style.

The bakery wasn't refusing general service. Gays and lesbians were free to come in a purchase a dozen pink cupcakes should they so choose. The bakers simply refused to provide personalized service to gay wedding, which they found to be an illegitimate corruption of what their religion states marriage is, and what it traditionally has been in essentially every culture for thousands of years. The bakers did nothing wrong, and they wronged nobody with their refusal of service. Also, to compare the "plight" of these 2 poor homosexuals to that of a 1930's Jew in Germany is a bit disturbing, even if you didn't mean it in that manner, which I can only hope you didn't.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The bakery owners behavior was reprehensible and I defy anyone to prove it was no different then how a Jew would have been treated in Nazi Germany in the late 30s.

It seems like the bakery owners are being treated like Jews in 1930's Germany....What's next? A sign on the window with the word "bigot homophobe" on it?

finalsale.jpg

Conform! Conform! Embrace the Brave New World!!!! No one cares about your deeply held religous beliefs and that pesky first amendment...Just CONFORM!!!!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

A Jew would not have gone to a gentile bakery (non Kosher) and ordered a cake.

I think I may have said something like this before. If i was asked to do a remodel for a SS pair I would have no problem. if asked to build props for their wedding the bid would be refused by them.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    10 seconds on Google could have solved Kirk's problem. But he just wants to spew bile, as usual.

3.5 Rights and Discrimination Libertarians embrace the concept that all people are born with certain inherent rights. We reject the idea that a natural right can ever impose an obligation upon others to fulfill that "right." We condemn bigotry as irrational and repugnant. Government should neither deny nor abridge any individual's human right based upon sex, wealth, ethnicity, creed, age, national origin, personal habits, political preference or sexual orientation. Members of private organizations retain their rights to set whatever standards of association they deem appropriate, and individuals are free to respond with ostracism, boycotts and other free market solutions. Parents, or other guardians, have the right to raise their children according to their own standards and beliefs. This statement shall not be construed to condone child abuse or neglect.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    10 seconds on Google could have solved Kirk's problem. But he just wants to spew bile, as usual.

Yeah, but boycotts are only good when they're against businesses taking pro-same-sex actions. When they're against anti-same-sex actors, they're "economic terrorism.". At least, that's what Huckabee taught me.

And we talk a lot about ostracism here, bit it's usually derisively referred to as "mob shaming." I don't disagree with what you posted, but I don't think it's going to get a lot of traction.

Top Bottom