• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • b0Rn~c0nfus3d

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    i have to say no i never been shot but i witnessed my brother getting shot.it was sad he was 18yrs old and i really really dont know what he was thinking but he was stuffing a gun down his front pants and guess what? yep your right he shot him self in the b**ls sad but very true i have the paper to show it to him everytime he wants to play with a gun.he actually lost 1 of them threw surgry and almost lost his life,he has no chanch of ever having a kid.lesson learned he has not picked up a gun since.safty first ..

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    yep, got shot in the hand by some frigging gangbangers in cali in 95 when i was a private in the marines, and been shot at a ton of times, rocketed, mortared. Still this tour was my closest call, some tard decided he didn't want to be a suicide bomber and was trying to ditch the bomb when it went off as I was walking up to him. Got me a nice enemy marksmanship badge and see the wonders of high explosives on the human body.

God bless you! and thank you for your service!! :patriot:

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I got to see the end result of a Cor-Bon .45ACP 185 gr. JHP +P when fired from a Springfield Officers Model V-10. Entry wound you can seick your finger in...... exit was a lot larger. A good friend had just bought a new holster at the 1500 and was adjusting the retention straps.... with the gun loaded. A strap snagged the safety and jerked the pistol. He grabbed it thinking it was being pulled out of his hand and resulted in it going off... twice. Sounded like one shot. First round entered his thigh and exited out the back. Second round missed the artery by 1/8" and mushroomed out over the size of a quarter. It lodged just above his knee on the inside of his leg. The first round went through the couch cushon next to me hit the slab floor and then the couch frame. Felt like a sledgehammer. He hit the floor and the porting on the .45 shredded his jeans and the fibers were floating everywhere. I remember having to wait for paramedics since a LEO had to secure the gun before they could enter the house.

Lesson learned: Make sure any firearm is unloaded when adjusting new holsters. And Cor-Bon makes wicked ammo.

The bullet was in his leg for over two years before his insurance would cover having it removed. He still has it. I still have the experience to remember.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Shot with a BB gun when me and my cousins had BB gun wars.
    I was stabbed once.....in the back, I was in a fight and didn't realize it till I got home. Did win the fight though! still have the scar.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I've dug a few BB's out from under the skin when I was a youngster. Oh yes, the neighborhood BB gun battles and the ol' Crossman Powermaster. Also have been peppered with shot after an unsuccessful toilet paper raid on a schoolteachers farm if that counts. :)

ftbstrd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    Have you been shot?

Yes sir I have been and did it all by myself. Through the hand with a .22LR. in a AR15 Conversion kit (while it was out of the rifle). I learned to never trust anything you can't see the round in til its out of the rifle and also a .22 LR does have an amazing amount of power at point blank and they can destroy bones real fast! I am also very thankful it was only a .22 and not a .223 that fired through my hand!:D

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    was hit by .177 pellet richochet i fired (scared more than hurt)......played war with crosman pumps with friends and brother (2 pump rule and no closer than 15 yards).....other than that ive never been shot.....brother was army ranger and then special forces for 12 years and he was hit in front ballistic plate by ak47 round in iraq, took a grazing round from ak47 on his right arm in afghanistan, and took concrete shrapnel in a$$checks and left thigh from RPG round detonating on wall near him in iraq. i refuse to let him live down the a$$cheek concrete.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    When I was about 12 my friend and I were shooting my compound bow at a target 15 yards away, and 30 yards from the back porch. It was one of those little plastic ones but still can shoot pretty far. I got the great idea to see how high it could shoot. I pulled back, pointed it straight up and let go......we lost sight of it and took off running for the house. About 5 yards from the house in mid stride AAAAAHHHHHHH right in the back of the leg just below the calf.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    yes. I got an enemy marksmanship badge for it ;). One medal you dont want.
    favor was returned, and I was more accurate.

+1!!

I found the rush of seeing the payback delivered was quite an effective pain reliever for me. :thumbsup:

For the record been shot 5 times, 3x in the service. Been wounded twice by grenade shrapnel. Been stabbed and cut in knife fights. Been set on fire by a Molotov cocktail, my right side. Hand 17 broken bones and 400+ stitches so far in my lets say mid 40's. Hard life? I say it's just been one heck of ride so far!! I am not affraid to die, not affraid to live either! :rockwoot:

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    Self-inflicted .38 Special to the right thigh (play stupid games, win stupid prizes), nicked the femur, missed the femoral artery and lodged in the back of the knee. More numb than pain, hobbled around on crutches for 2 weeks, rehabbed torn muscles for 6 weeks. Lesson? ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED! Multiple small pieces of lead pulled from head, neck and hands from 20+ years of competitive shoots (richochets). Only enemy action was some very unaimed sniper fire in Colombia, no injuries on the base.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Yep, with a BB gun I was about 10 years old the neighbor kid got a new BB gun and asked me if I wanted to go shoot out windows with it! I told him I did not! then turned a stated walking home! got about 50 feet away and he shot me square in the back with it! I turned and he was still pointing it at me, I ran him down beat his butt and took the BB gun away from him! told him his Dad could come over and pick it up from my Dad.

He actually told his Dad that I beat him up and took his new BB gun, He did leave out the part that he shot me in the back with it first, So when his Dad came over to get it My Dad had me show him the welt on my back and how he shot me because I wouldn't go shoot out windows with him he told me to keep it his kid wasn't going to need one anymore!!

We could hear him spanking his son from across the street, he was also grounded for quite some time!!

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Wow, didn't read through all the posts. It appears that even gun owners are self reporting of the dangers of firearms. Seems that many here admit the dangers of gun ownership.

I don't know the OP, but the first question I would ask prior to giving any answer that may subsequently be reported in anti-handgun literature is "Why do you want to know?". Some anti-gun person may characterize sarcasm as true self-reported fact.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Wow, didn't read through all the posts. It appears that even gun owners are self reporting of the dangers of firearms. Seems that many here admit the dangers of gun ownership.

I don't know the OP, but the first question I would ask prior to giving any answer that may subsequently be reported in anti-handgun literature is "Why do you want to know?". Some anti-gun person may characterize sarcasm as true self-reported fact.

only a stupid person would say firearms aren't dangerous. We all know their ability. If people wanna use the "guns are dangerous" argument then im gonna use the "cars are dangerous, so lets all walk" argument. you dont point ANY gun at yourself or anyone else or yourself unless your trying to kill them. just like you wouldn't shower in gasoline and spark your new zippo lighter. common sense rules the day and when it doesn't, bad **** happens.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Yeah, just pointing out the number of people who report friendly fire. Future anti-gun owner statistic from this forum, 90% of the people who have been shot report having been shot were shot by their own weapon. Not like the anti-handgun people will point out that the majority said it was a BB or pellet gun ricochet that did not cause any damage.

The OP didn't say why they were asking. I would prefer not to promulgate such statistics.

Top Bottom