• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ak keep the second

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    took a .22 shotshell load richochet to the face while rapid firing a .22 revolver at a pop can on top of a barrel. +1 for my eye pro.

^this I told him not to, warning it would richochet as i was backing up...i was right. +1 for knowing not to shoot a 55 gallon plastic drum with .22 shotshells. Luckily it was less powerful than a BB gun.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Took a BB in the forehead during the" White River Wars" of 69' - 70'. It stuck. Tried to dig it out myself, but the blood running down into my eyes stopped that. Had it cut out by a doctor several years later. Calcium or some other bodily element had built up around the BB and it was about the size of a OO buck pellet. Also peppered by shot and hit by .38 wadcutter ricochets while target practice.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    shot finger with a .44 mag. deer hunting in 1997. :laugh:

lessons learned: well do you feel lucky punk ? a .44 mag will take your finger clean off !
    kept shooting finger away from trigger until your on target !!!!!!

bubajoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    I've been shot with bb's like all kids. My friend was shot in the leg when he was a kid living in Srilanka.

Hoosierbuck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    I would just like to post a "Thank You" to all of the current and former members of our military as well as the LEO's that have posted they were injured while performing their duties to our country. It is because of the sacrifices of these brave men and women, we can enjoy life as we know it.

+1.

I am deeply indebted to all who serve, and even more so to those who have paid the ultimate price, or been shot in my stead.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    +1.

I am deeply indebted to all who serve, and even more so to those who have paid the ultimate price, or been shot in my stead.

A wise old Army Vet told me one time:

"I bled for you to be free and to not have too, now don't **** it up. live a good life and don't forget what we did!"

when he told me that, I had no idea that one day I too would shed blood for my country, and I fully understood in my heart every word he had told me when I was 13 years old.
    I can still remember it like it was yesterday. I wish I still had him around to talk too.

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    when I was 14 or 15 we were out being hoodlums during Halloween and went out TPing people we knew. One person we knew had a very hateful mother that came out and caught us and warned us to get off her property or we would "be sorry".....

Long story short, I remember hiding behind a tree as I heard the pump of a shotgun being loaded in the night! She gave one last warning and then fired! CRAZY WOMAN!

Later I found out that she fired into the air and it was loaded with rocksalt? (I didn't even know you could load a shell with rocksalt, but I guess you can!)

Regardless, I FELT like I was being shot at....and I never went TPing again!

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Been peppered several times. A load of 7.5 coming down from the air will sting when it raps your knuckles. I always were shooting glasses because of that. I had a spent .45 MZ bullet come back and tag me in the shin. I was wearing buckskins and it didn't even leave a bruise. My closest encounter of the lead kind was deer hunting and having a slug hit a tree right by my head as I was walking along a ridge! Didn't take long to jump on the other side of the ridge and get out of the woods that day. I am much more careful as a result and hate to hunt public ground where other hunters are during deer season.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Yes
    what: shotgun slug
    where:woods in Warrick county while deer hunting
    were 2: right leg about 6" below the knee
    who: dont know...no one ever fessed up.

yes again
    what: 20ga bird shot
    where:Glendale FWA
    where2: peppered in the stomach,hip and groin
    who: rather not say...shot was from roughly 40yards and was due to ignorance on several peoples part including my own.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Me being diabetic and all I take 3 to 6 shots a day. Oh wait...that's not quite as cool as what you were really talking about is it? :D

Ervin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    jeff
    shot in the calf, by a friend?, it was a accidental discharge from a CZ 75 9mm, hardball, it burned, walked to ambulance, all gunshots go to University room 9 which is called the Sam Swope room where nobody walks away? it was sore for a couple months. lucky me.

Top Bottom