• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    In 1994, serving a warrant, took fire from the perp w an AK47. Rounds were bouncing everywhere and felt a sting in the side of my webbing for my helmet. Just a nick, but bled like a serious head wound and had to get stitches in my head.

Shrapnel did the damage. No slug recovered. Chief put me in for SGT. and more ERT training. Have hearing loss now probably from the incident.

builder_one

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Hit by a ricocheting bullet from a 22 handgun back in high school. It was a negligent discharge in a car. A friend of mine that had no business handling a gun set it off while in the seat behind me (I was driving at the time). It felt like someone hit me on the head with a hammer, I was wearing a hat at the time and you could see a mark on the hat where the bullet struck me (never found the bullet though), there was no penetration but I did have a split scalp. When we got home we hammered the dent out of the roof of the car and painted over it with a spray bomb so the parents wouldn't notice. I could have very easily been killed that night and have thanked the Lord on many occasions for sparing me.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I took some very small shrapnel from a .22 bullet to the left hand when I was a teen. It broke the skin but wasn’t too difficult to remove.

I had a .22 and a shotgun pointed at me on two different occasions but no shots were fired.

I got hit in the eye with a small piece of a hardened 40d pole barn nail. I got it out with a toothpick. I still have a brown spot about a quarter inch to the left of my right pupil.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I would just like to post a "Thank You" to all of the current and former members of our military as well as the LEO's that have posted they were injured while performing their duties to our country. It is because of the sacrifices of these brave men and women, we can enjoy life as we know it.

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    1968 hit by 7.62x39 in upper right thigh. Knocked my down while running. Not knowing what had happened, got back up and tried to run again but no luck, down again!! Bleeding pretty bad but still was able to crawl so off I went, About 150 yrds. Later medics took over. An hour later in a field hospital having the bullet removed. To this day, I still have the spent round that was dug out of my leg. At the time, no pain, Numb, but feeling no pain until the next day. I will say this, while running when the bullet hit my leg, it knocked me to the ground as if a truck hit me. Kind of spun me half around and in the dirt pretty quick. Lots of blood and I thought maybe it had hit the femerel artery. Thought I was going to bleed to death, but thank the man above!!

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Like many others here bb's from my brothers and a little bit of Buck shot spray from a hunter that was not suppose to be in the woods.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    still have scar from .177 pellet on my forearm and just above my right eye from BB gun wars when i was a kid....we had a 3 pump rule too...but 1 buddy didn't read the rules:D

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    BB in right butt cheek 1973 , fell through sliding glassdoor in 1975 230 stitches . Caught fire on Nov 3 1976 serious , grazed by a .25 in right rib cage outside a bar in Louisiana 1982 hurt like hell . Cut with a box knife in 1984 , Electrocuted 2002 , sewn up over 12 times , Life time stitches 500 +

Whats next ??????

hats next ????

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Was shot at from a shotgun while riding my dirtbike. Lesson learned..."It's okay, I ride here all the time" is not a statement to be believed, even coming from a friend. :rolleyes:

2nd lesson learned...it is possible to ride significantly faster than your best race pace. ;)

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    was mugged in Chicago about 4pm at a McDonalds. I don't think the guy knew how guns worked since he tried to shove the barrel through my lip. The guy only got 8 bucks in ones, I hope the cops found them. My description; 2 black guys near the projects, one had a bulls jacket.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    was mugged in Chicago about 4pm at a McDonalds. I don't think the guy knew how guns worked since he tried to shove the barrel through my lip. The guy only got 8 bucks in ones, I hope the cops found them. My description; 2 black guys near the projects, one had a bulls jacket.

Didn't they know handguns are illegal in Chicago?

:D

hick185

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    never been shot but had a stupid close call. twice a month me and my buddies get together and shoot skeet. then after we're done grill out and drink. well one of my friends(who just happened to be a girl i had a huge thing for) brought out her new boy friend. He told us he was good with firearms and used to dove hunt with his dad. so we figured he would be safe enough to shoot with. since he didn't have his own shotgun one of my friends let him use one of his. when we shoot i have the habit of counting the rounds left in not only my gun but in all the others as well. well this guy was up on the line with another person and they shot. the other person was empty and the guy thought he was. he come over to talk, wasn't watching where he was pointing the shotgun. I told him to watch where he was pointing. He said" but its not loaded" and pointed the gun at me while his finger was on the trigger. I new he had one in the chamber i told him to give me the gun. as he was passing me the gun i told him that "if there was one in the chamber i was gonna break his ****ing jaw." i racked the slide and out popped a round. so i cleared and safetied the gun and handed it to my friend, walked up to the guy and punched him in the jaw. well he went home only to later go to the e.r. and find out he had a cracked jaw:rolleyes: that was the last time my friend ever talked to him. a week later i finally asked her on a date. a date that led to many good times.:rockwoot:

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I was shot by a pellet gun (was supposed to be a bb only war, yeah I know.. very stupid) in the left hand point blank when I was 12 (had to be surgically removed) and I also took a 5.56 mm ricochet to the neck when I was in the Marines (had to be surgically removed). Neither one felt very good, but when I took the 5.56 round to the neck I was in such a high level of shock the pain was even less than the pellet to my hand, go figure! The injury to my neck was a freak accident.. happens in the military more often than people realize. I also have nice scars from both "shootings".

I've also been shot at when I did armed security in the late 90's, cops caught them.

:D

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    We did our pellet gun wars with that cylindrical shaped rabbit food as ammo. you can break them in half, and they are just the right size to fit into a pellet gun. They hurt like hell, and even broke skin, but usually disintegrated on impact!

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Got shot in the eye with a homemade bow and arrow. Was a freak accident.

This happened to my Brother when we were kids.. he was using a compound bow.. ricochet'd off a tree and hit him in directly in the eye. He has had a glass eye since we were kids.. he is one tough sob too!

Top Bottom