Mine was just at the range...

6572171447_a9bcfef4eb.jpg

twostepadin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    personally im an auto guy, but revolvers i respect. namely small ones, will never die. calibers and system strength is basically infinite. i feel like the more smooth they make these DA trigger systems. the even stronger of a foothold they have in terms of CCW.

probably a future LCR w/ tritium front sight owner, myself.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    My LCR .357 is in its place. In my Right front pocket 90% of the time. Its pretty much become my EDC gun. Ill rotate an auto on the days i dont have to work and can pull off hiding one but the LCR just fits so nicely in my pocket that i can have it on me while talking to customers on the sale floor and noone is the wiser. Boss is pretty cool about carrying too as long as it stays in its place.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I frequently carry a S&W 642 and IMO nothing made can touch it in its size to power to weight ratio, especially if you carry Buffalo bore LSWCHP +P. A 158 grain round at just over 1000fps out of a snub and 379 ft. lbs. of energy. Show me a 15 oz pocket auto that can reliably match that. :)

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I have a Taurus 85 I used to carry, but after owning a carrying a PT740. The reason I liked the 85 was it's small size and light weight, but the 740 has it beat there, The auto is more fire power in a smaller package. I can's see going back to a wheel gun.

mpitcock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Lafayette
    Reading this thread has given me the wheel gun fever again. I started shooting back in the day and carried a S&W model 28 as a duty weapon for many years. BUG was a S&W model 19. Ive been looking at the Ruger lcr for the past few days and it seems to be calling my name.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I carry full-sized semi-autos, pocket-sized semi-autos, and sometimes even carry my snubbie Ruger SP-101 in .357 Magnum. It may not have the capacity of a full-sized semi-auto, but it more than makes up for that deficiency with sheer stopping power. With Buffalo Bore 158gr .357 Magnums shot at 1,398 fps, the snubbie Ruger has 685 ft/lbs of muzzle energy. That far exceeds the muzzle energy of a 9mm (412 ft/lbs), 40 S&W (487 ft/lbs) or 45 ACP (521 ft/lbs) shot from a 5" barrel.

My SP-101 Pocket Cannon:
    sp101shineon.jpg

Accuracy of a Snubbie off-hand, slow fire at 15-yards:
    2ndtarget.jpg

• Performance data for .357 Magnum ammo from buffalobore.com
    • Performance data for 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP from Speer Ammo - Home

Awesome pics. Two quick questions: 1. Is that a Don Hume holster? Tricky to find holsters for the 3" sp101. 2. That mirror finish you have on it - did you do that yourself or send it to someone? Thank you.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    For what it is worth, I have owned a gun shop, had a gun range in my own back yard, and handloaded and shot tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition over 45 years. I have owned and shot many revolvers and automatics. Some were shop guns I was testing. My experience has been, that overall, revolvers have had less malfunctions than autos. That being said, I believe automatics have improved on quality and reliability in the last 10 or 15 years and possibly revolver quality has dropped.

Top Bottom