Has your wife ever caught you with a gun she didn't know you had...?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    So my Wife asks me to check who it was sending her the text message. I do not normally look at her things so I ask if she is sure. Yep, no problem.

Dear, who is George?

What? Why?

George is texting you that he is looking forward to meeting with you this week.

Oh, it is nothing.

Hmmm, why were you and George texting about a location to meet? What is at Fifth and Main?

Oh, nothing.

Yes?

Don't worry, it's nothing.

It appears you have been texting about meeting each other for several days, and it appears there is money involved.

Uhm.

You had stated you were working late...

Uhm.....

Yes?

OK, OK, OK, I'm meeting George to buy a spoon. Happy now?

Really, what kind?! Will I like to shoot it too???

She still gets razzed about meeting George in the parking lot and him enjoying it. Who needs thumb screws? (Oh, I took it away from her because I liked it so much! She only owned it for the amount of time it took her to drive back home. She does not think that is right ;-) )

A few months later I found an unknown .44MAG in her purse. She explained this was her new CC spoon and the G19 was now for the bedside. Worst thing was she swapped my old Colt .38 with her Daddy for the .44MAG!!!!! I found much later about that!!!!

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    She dropped me off at a gun show ,said she would go shoppng and pick me up at a certain time,i bought a nice Austrialian Enfield,stood by curb ,she pulled up right to me holding it,i looked at her ,went around and put it in trunk,got in car ,she didnt even know what I did ! So ,no ,I never get caught,its impossible ?

sixtysix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    NWI
    I just tell my wife "I don't buy guns I invest in them"I always say we could always sell for the same price we payed for it.kinda like putting money in the bank..I don't think she buys into my theory

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    My wife works nights 6 to 6 so most of the time when I come home with a new gun she is at work. I normally just leave it sitting on her side of the bed so she see's it first thing when she walks in. She will then wake me up asking about it and I will say it is a surprise for her. Just for no reason at all. I am the best husband ever.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    My wife works nights 6 to 6 so most of the time when I come home with a new gun she is at work. I normally just leave it sitting on her side of the bed so she see's it first thing when she walks in. She will then wake me up asking about it and I will say it is a surprise for her. Just for no reason at all. I am the best husband ever.
    Mine works 6 to 6 as well. Some nights it sucks, others ita a blessing. Still sucks though lol.

Mr.Johnny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Now my wife want my gun safe combo. I told her its in the other safe when ever she needs it. She has that combo but could never figure out how to open that one. I should be ok for now. But im in trouble the day she gets in! lol

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Fiance right now... I've tried to get everything I "need" prior to the wedding. I have found that that logic still hasnt saved me much grief though. I guess she wants some extra money around to help pay for a wedding... She has a habit of saying "I havent seen that one before..." I then normally back-step into a conversation about the rarity of the item, it was on sale, I thought she would like to shoot it or something similar to that!

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    LOL. She just doesn't know the combo to the big safe. You know. Where all the important "documents" are kept?

Just sprinkle dust on them when you bring them out to clean them, and in an innocent voice say "I've had this so long, look at how dirty it is". ;)

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Several years ago which was a couple of years after I started shooting my wife asked me how many guns I had. I responded by asking her how many she thought I had. She said 7 so I said yes and bought two more. I have bought a few more but since the boat accident...they have been stored until I learn how to scuba dive.

2500ekW

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Zionsville
    My answer is usually "Yes, I spent money on a gun to protect you while we go out for dinner together, instead of spending the gun money and dinner money at the bar after work with the guys."

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Fiance right now... I've tried to get everything I "need" prior to the wedding. I have found that that logic still hasnt saved me much grief though. I guess she wants some extra money around to help pay for a wedding... She has a habit of saying "I havent seen that one before..." I then normally back-step into a conversation about the rarity of the item, it was on sale, I thought she would like to shoot it or something similar to that!
    My buddies wife made our wedding cake and used a ruger LCp for payment!

twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    Yes she has. So the next purchase I made, I made the mistake of taking her with me. My new benelli m4 cost me the price of the gun and a new purse and some shoes.....learned the hard way! My m4 ended up costing me about 2400 lol, and she told my elderly mother how much I spent on it, who is always worried about my financial situation for no reason!!!!

Top Bottom