Has your wife ever caught you with a gun she didn't know you had...?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Merrillville, Indiana
    I bought an S&W AR15-22 last summer. She found out from my Buddie's wife that I had it. She was upset at first, but I showed it to her and explained that I had been saving up for it for a while. I sold it to my buddy the next week (same guy who's wife ratted on me)! I then purchased another, this time the MOE version and I showed my wife the new gun immediately!

She still doesn't know about the 45 I bought last spring or the 357 I bought in August:D

Cottong2001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Down the road a piece...
    I ordered my first AR15 a while ago and didn't say anything to my wife since I knew it would take several weeks to come it. We were at my kid's soccer game when one of my buddies (his son plays on the same team) asked "So has you AR come in yet?" At the time (this has been a while ago), I didn't think my wife knew what an "AR" was. I was wrong. Her reply was "I thought you were up to something". She's really cool about it.

Funny thing is, now she has her CC permit, owns 2 handguns and tells me to go ahead and buy whatever gun I want while I still can. That could be a LONG list!

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    Me and my wife have a weekly allowance for our hobbies, she gets weekly money for shopping and I get weekly money for guns. It started out she always wanted to go shopping and I was trying to save for guns so i had to keep telling her no.

So when I finally ran the idea by her she was just so excited to get weekly money for shopping she couldnt say no. Now I have to decide a new gun to buy every 3-6 months or so.

elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    As long as they are iron and wood, she doesn't know the difference, nor care...pretty cool, as long as everything is paid and vehicles are running, it's golden.... though I've had to sit through some 'Jane Austin' movies as a trade off...for her being so cool.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I would rather not have a new gun than to buy it without telling her. Deceiving her would be much worse than buying a gun she thinks I don't need. Went to the 1500 today and came close to buying a S&W revolver. Never entered my mind buy it on the sly. I feel sorry for the people that feel they have to do that. She isn't exactly thrilled with all of my purchases, for sure, but she would be so disappointed in me if I lied to her.

:n00b: ... that's all I have to say ... :n00b:

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    She knew I had it...things still went ?

You mentioned about the wife not knowing you bought a gun. This happened to me in 1988 and took 7 years to catch up with me. I had bought a NIB Winchester 9422 XTR Classic in .22mag. I bought it because supposedly they were going to stop making them in in 88? Anyway I buy the rifle and bring it home. My then pregnant wife sees me bring it in the house and calmly says "You didn't mention you were buying a gun?" Thinking quick I tell her "I bought it for the baby" Oh! Okay then.I put the rifle away and never shot it. That was it...YESSS!! pulled that one off. NOT! Now fast forward about 7 years. I decide one day to trade the Winchester for another gun (do not recall what now?). So I pull the still NIB rifle out from under the bed and prepare to head out the door with it when the wife (by this time no longer pregnant) spots me and asks " where you headed with that?". To trade it I replied. Nope...remember you bought that for the baby? She then proceeded to call the now 6 year old baby into the room and announce. "look what daddy bought for you before you were born he wants to give it to you now". What could I do without looking like a total a$$. He was so excited so I informed him that yes it was his and when he turned 10 he could be the first to shoot it. How pray tell do women remember this conversation that happened 7 years earlier? Heck!!...I do not even remember what I had for breakfast. All ended well though.As promised I took my son to the Winamac range when he turned 10 and he was the first to shoot the Winchester out of the box. He is now 23 and cherishes this Winchester more than any gun he has and yes he now knows this story behind the Winchester and loves it that much more. Still...How pray tell do women remember?:dunno:

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    She usually has a new surprise when we go to he range. As we are choosing what to take out of the safe, I usually see her holding the newest and asking "when did I get this?". She never complains and always welcomes more firearms.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    When the Newtown shooting happened, I knew I had to move immediately on buying an AR-15. Unfortunately, she would have seen a $700+ charge to our shared bank account. So, I decided to go legit and talk to her about my reason for buying one (been looking at them for a year, only necessary rifle not in my collection, price about to go up going to be hard to get).

Luckily for me my powers of persuasion were on point that day and she OK'd the purchase (even though she hated that I was buying an "assault rifle")

Regardless...I am now the proud owner of a Mossberg MMR Tactical.

brrytrry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    I can't hide any guns, my wife actually likes to shoot and goes to the range with me.

We were at our LGS a while back to buy a Ruger MKiii 22/45 and she was looking at the used gun rack. They had some nice mil surplus stuff including a Soviet SVT-40. She really likes the look of the old guns, so we had to put it on layaway. She calls that "her" gun.

Top Bottom