Has your wife ever caught you with a gun she didn't know you had...?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • debeerman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    In a van down by the river
    How do you guys have wives that don't know when you get a new gun? My wife sees the finances. She'd know if $500 or more was missing.

i pay all the bills I run the finances even have seperate checking accounts. That is the way we run the house here and we are in the black every month that way. Plus a gun never costs more than $100

Last edited:

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    When I came home with my first handgun girlfriend asked me where I got it told her my father and I went and got it she just assumed my father bought it for me. Then another time told her we were going to meet a friend and went and got a shotgun off my buddy she was not happy.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    My wife never knows when I buy a new gun and I never tell her. She usually finds out later when she spots it and asks "where'd that come from" or "don't tell me you bought another one".

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I made the mistake of taking some pictures of my rifles one day and she walked into the garage and said, "you have 3 of those things?".

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I just do it n tell her about it later. If she asks where I'm going or what I'm doing, I say I'm picking up a gun. No reason to try to hide it. Only time I asked first was when I used "real money" for it. Otherwise I only spend what I've gotten from side jobs or selling stuff, or trade for a gun

mike45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    east central
    I would rather not have a new gun than to buy it without telling her. Deceiving her would be much worse than buying a gun she thinks I don't need. Went to the 1500 today and came close to buying a S&W revolver. Never entered my mind buy it on the sly. I feel sorry for the people that feel they have to do that. She isn't exactly thrilled with all of my purchases, for sure, but she would be so disappointed in me if I lied to her.

She must be standing over your shoulder right now.

BRILEY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I would rather not have a new gun than to buy it without telling her. Deceiving her would be much worse than buying a gun she thinks I don't need. Went to the 1500 today and came close to buying a S&W revolver. Never entered my mind buy it on the sly. I feel sorry for the people that feel they have to do that. She isn't exactly thrilled with all of my purchases, for sure, but she would be so disappointed in me if I lied to her.

This wasn't about "deceiving" my wife, or being "sly" we have a great marriage, this woman is my best friend! And please, whatever you do; don't feel sorry for me, I'm a very happy man and my wife is a very happy woman! I do however love your holier than thou attitude! :rolleyes:

I thought it was a funny story, and figured it would be a good thread. I guess everyone has a different outlook on life, but I understand where you're coming from, I've got friends like you that I love hanging out with, when their wives let them come outside to play... ;)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    How do you guys have wives that don't know when you get a new gun? My wife sees the finances. She'd know if $500 or more was missing.

My wife handles all the finances. I just always tell her i need money. I keep putting it aside until I get enough saved up to buy something while I am out.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Nope. My stories go like this...

Me "I want to buy a new gun"
    Her "okay"

Mine go like this...

Me - Wow, I really like this (insert gun here) a lot.
    Her - Go ahead and get it.
    Me - Well its something I have been eyeing for awhile.
    Her - Ok, go ahead and get it.
    Me - Its in a caliber I already have so I figured it would make sense.
    Her - Whatever, if you want it, buy it.
    Me - Well, let me think about it.
    Her - Why, just go get it.
    Me - I probably should buy it, but I can wait.
    Her - I told you you can get it, so go ahead.

Tomorrow will start at my second comment. Eventually, I talk myself out of it. :n00b:

donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Yeah, I was carrying around a new rifle in my trunk waiting for the right moment to tell her and then one morning she needed the stroller I forgot to take out. Oops.

Bersalover

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    That is a great story! I usually answer that question by saying not that has been here since last year.... 1 year seems to be my home statute where there are no further questions.

Gee223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    LOL, great thread!

I bought “my wife" a couple of guns. I also bought a couple cheap guns here and there. Now I'm to the point my standard answer is “that, oh... I've had that".

If course she beats me, but I love it!

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    With few exceptions my wife really has no idea what type or quantity of firearms are in the house. If I asked everytime I bought something I'd have very few guns. Like many here I work side jobs and do a fair amount of trading. Lastly remember the old saying that it is better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Top Bottom