Harriet Tubman is your potential replacement for Jackson on the $20 bill.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The image on the 20 should be her with her gun.

Cgf4BvdWQAEh_ci.jpg:large

Cgf4B2MWEAAArZs.jpg:large

Huh. Always pictured her heavier set. Maybe the name.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    A democrat from the era prior to passage of the CRA has more similarities with republicans today. Or do you disagree?

Perhaps when it comes to welfare, but the Dem party of Robert Byrd who did everything they could to stop the Civil Rights Act has no racial similarities with today's republicans

A 57-day filibuster to block Civil Rights Act, that is impressive Democrats. Cruz didn't even last a single day in his filibuster, I guess they wanted to block that Act more than Cruz wanted to stop his. Byrd spoke for 14 straight hours, but then again he was a recruiter for the KKK so he was used to spouting garbage to idiots which is why he did so well for so long in the Senate.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-democrats-filibustered-the-civil-rights-act/

Last edited:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Why put a portrait on the note at all?

Congress is missing a prime opportunity to sell that part of the twenty Dollar bank note for advertising space...

...the Official CapitalOne "What's in your wallet?" Twenty Dollar American BankNote,

brought to you by Amazon Prime...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    "Good for all debts public and private", but if you have a lot of it in prep of a lege debt payment we will steal it from you and make you sue us to get it back

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Perhaps when it comes to welfare, but the Dem party of Robert Byrd who did everything they could to stop the Civil Rights Act has no racial similarities with today's republicans

I'd agree (concerning Robert Byrd). The Democratic party that Robert Byrd joined looks nothing like the democratic party of today. It's closer to that of Republicans. It's baffling some people don't quite understand that the parties (even when completely ignoring racial components) have essentially switched positions.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'd agree (concerning Robert Byrd). The Democratic party that Robert Byrd joined looks nothing like the democratic party of today. It's closer to that of Republicans. It's baffling some people don't quite understand that the parties (even when completely ignoring racial components) have essentially switched positions.

They haven't switched per se, they both moved left. the dems became ultraliberal and republicans became democrats

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

When exactly did this "switch" occur? When it benefited democrats i'm sure! Byrd was a democrat representative and senator from 1953 until 2010, so the fact that he was a racist democrat when he started really meant he was a republican? And when he apologized so he could further his career he then became a "real" democrat, but the whole time he was called a democrat? The Republicans that supported the CRA were actually democrats and democrats that fought it tooth and nail were actually Republicans, so the switch happened pretty recently (historically speaking), right after the CRA was passed?

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    WHY CHANGE ? Just More Liberal BS with No weight of Law.

There was a story on the radio today that indicated the it was Jacksons ownership of slaves that made him a target for removal.

Hamilton on the $10 was the original target for replacement. For this significant event (first female on paper money) they wanted a more symbolic replacement.

Slave ownership at that time in history doesnt seem like it should be cause for removal from a bill....

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Can we also change the color schemes? Having every bill look the same is just plain bad design. Want to really make it better? Use different sizes - the blind will be grateful; retailers with automated checkout, not so much.

Adding color or making the bill a different size is a good idea.

I am surprised that the PC police havent pulled 'In God We Trust" off the bill with this revision as well.....

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Adding color or making the bill a different size is a good idea.

I can't think of a foreign country I've been to that didn't have different colors for each denomination and usually the sizes go up as the value goes up. It's also counter-intuitive that our coins' sizes are irrelevant to their value. Silly dime, y u so small?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Nope, I do not want to get rid of one of the best inside jokes ever just to put Harriet Tubman on the $20 there are much better choices to be made for especially considering the time period.

Top Bottom