• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Two sides to every story and both are based on perspective which can change the same picture dramatically.

I know precious little about the history of the middle east to include Gaza and Israel. To be perfectly honest I don't care to know and don't intend to do the research to come to an educated opinion. My primary reason is because of my first statement in this post. The second reason is that I'm ok with not having an educated (or not so) opinion on everything. I'm tired of choosing sides constantly and pitting myself against people I don't know. It's exhausting and I no longer have the desire to participate at any depth.

I'm choosing to take the 30,000' view and look no deeper than this. Peaceful people were going about their day as usual and they were violently attacked without warning and subjected to atrocities we might expect from a starving pack of rabid hyenas. A group of people made a conscious decision to commit those atrocities and I'll hold harmless the victims as they respond as they deem appropriate.

If it were me and mine I'd go scorched earth and ask for forgiveness later.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

93 million from Russia and 75 million for Biden.

75 million from this administration?
    Try over 1 billion.

400 million+ just for development aid. Not counting the hundreds of million in humanitarian aid.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I'm choosing to take the 30,000' view and look no deeper than this. Peaceful people were going about their day as usual and they were violently attacked without warning and subjected to atrocities we might expect from a starving pack of rabid hyenas. A group of people made a conscious decision to commit those atrocities and I'll hold harmless the victims as they respond as they deem appropriate.

What I do know about Middle East history caused me to be sympathetic toward the Palestinians years ago. The more I watched the more they seemed to work against their own best interests. After this attack, I developed a sentiment similar to yours. Nothing excuses the atrocities that were committed. Any country, including Israel, has the freedom to respond as they see fit to such atrocities.

It doesn't surprise me at all, but it does sadden me that there is a single voice supporting the Palestinians anywhere in the world.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom