• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No, that would be where I’m going tomorrow for security. They ain’t even gonna want to think about any shenanigans. When they say “I just wanna do hoodrat **** with my friends,” well, those are the friends that are jocking up with me. Last time we had this vibe was the Summer of Love when Mayor Hog**** was on “vacation” down at Our Lady of Peace down in Louisville.
    Stay safe, my friend.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well, I'd say a carrier task force would be good for providing overwatch.
    Sounds like we'll have 2 carrier groups in the Med.

****, I hope those young folks can still do it old school. Battlestar Galactica (Edward James Olmos, not Lorne Greene) just came into my head.

We were in the Military that obliterated the Iraqis in Desert Storm. To say we were a work hard/play hard bunch is a bit of an understatement.

We exceeded what the generation before us did, as did the generation who followed us.

Robin Olds, Curtis LeMay, Norman Schwarzkopf, wouldn't be promoted past the rank of Captain today. David Hackworth would've never been an officer, much less the youngest Colonel in the Army.

I have concerns... and I hope and pray I'm proven wrong. Long before I read The Art of War I was influenced by old (much younger than I am now, but old then) Vietnam Vet Senior NCOs. That was the work hard/play hard Military that kicked the **** out of the Iraqis in 91, and that was while keeping the commies on their side of the iron curtain.

OK, this time I mean it. Enough with the heavy.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Taking the gardener out for ice cream today, it's her birthday, she asked if that could happen here. I told her probably some places in the US where they could recon without drawing much attention so I'm guessing big cities with large middle eastern communities.

Reminded myself that you have to get away from TV sometimes to keep it from disturbing you.

I laughed and said that unless the raccoons and squirrels converted to Islam we had nothing to worry about.;)
    Oh My god, they got to the squirrels?

I'm in danger!

I'll be driving home from the woods midday tomorrow. If I get jumped on the highway, somebody is eating .62 caliber round ball.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    No, that would be where I’m going tomorrow for security. They ain’t even gonna want to think about any shenanigans. When they say “I just wanna do hoodrat **** with my friends,” well, those are the friends that are jocking up with me. Last time we had this vibe was the Summer of Love when Mayor Hog**** was on “vacation” down at Our Lady of Peace down in Louisville.

It'll probably end up like the last summer of love, where the cops complain that they don't have the manpower to deal with the issue, while simultaneously using all their manpower to stop the citizens who are coming to do their job for them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sounds like we'll have 2 carrier groups in the Med.

I was going with what is already there.

Guestimating travel time for a carrier from Norfolk, well the guestimating would be even more "WAG".

The status of the main asset (the carrier) and how long it will take to make it seaworthy.
    Most likely, under a day. But I have no clue on how long provisioning or making ready a carrier takes.

And even if they had equipment tore apart, they could most likely sail with the equipment being brought back online while in transit.
    Heck, I was in Italy when the SPs came to the bar I was in and rousted us all back to port. We had some serious stuff in pieces, and we got assembled and put to sea before any other asset was able to leave port.
    And we didn't have near the redundancy of a Carrier.

Course, we had to remain hidden, and silent.

Carriers don't hide so well, so they could go full steam ahead.

BigNyaKelly

Coffee Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2023
    Worcester
    I feel really bad for the citizens / natives of the Gaza Strip - Hamas is super evil, and doesn't give a damn about them, and Israel's weapons tend to *also* make victims of the civilians in the area. Would be really nice if there was anything that could be done by the international community.

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I feel really bad for the citizens / natives of the Gaza Strip - Hamas is super evil, and doesn't give a damn about them, and Israel's weapons tend to *also* make victims of the civilians in the area. Would be really nice if there was anything that could be done by the international community.
    Hamas was elected by the citizens. The citizens ignore the rocket launcher across the street. At the least the "citizens" tolerated evil among themselves. I don't feel bad for them. I don't feel anything for them. I don't know them and don't want to. I sure don't want them moving here across the street from me, but it is probably too late for that.

BigNyaKelly

Coffee Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2023
    Worcester
    Hamas was elected by the citizens. The citizens ignore the rocket launcher across the street. At the least the "citizens" tolerated evil among themselves. I don't feel bad for them. I don't feel anything for them. I don't know them and don't want to. I sure don't want them moving here across the street from me, but it is probably too late for that.
    You shouldn't harden your heart against noncombatants who are just struggling to live. The gaza strip is literally one of the worst places to love on earth for jobs and economic prospects, and leaving the strip without certain credentials is almost impossible. The people who live there didn't choose to start these fights. While we're at it, you really trust those elections to be even REMOTELY fair? Let's be honest people don't trust OUR elections let alone ones that happen in a terrorist regime...

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Put yourself in the place of someone born and raised exclusively in Gaza. Can you conceive of an outcome to your life in which you don't hate Israel and support Hamas?

Does that make it right? Not necessarily. But I think any one of us would pick up arms in their situation if we never knew anything else. It's one of the reasons this crap is so sad.

BigNyaKelly

Coffee Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2023
    Worcester
    Those kids have been brainwashed by indoctrination - it proves nothing other than that evil people are running the Gaza Strip - which we already knew. But let's not pretend we didn't hear similar stuff during any other war - I remember in school that kids were talking about how we should nuke Iraq back during the GWOT, ya know? - They were just as brainwashed as this kids in the video.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom