• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You don’t beat fanaticism by a war with rules. You must take the last breath of the last fanatic. Sometimes that’s ugly. Sideliner’s opinions on those engaging the fanatics is not warranted.
    Sometimes though, fights to the death, can result in an enemy fighting harder.
    You end up with more of your own dead.
    And you have a harder time getting intel.

Not saying there's no merit to what you said.
    But there are reactions for actions.

One of the advantages to what you said... you don't have to worry about someone later freeing them. Or them escaping. Or people releasing them.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Sometimes though, fights to the death, can result in an enemy fighting harder.
    You end up with more of your own dead.
    And you have a harder time getting intel.

Not saying there's no merit to what you said.
    But there are reactions for actions.

One of the advantages to what you said... you don't have to worry about someone later freeing them. Or them escaping. Or people releasing them.
    That’s accepted going in. Israel knows they can never break bread with those on the other side and they know the long term safety of their nation is dependent on the elimination of the last terrorist. They clearly have an understanding of what that may cause.

not to speak for them, but I would rather be alive and hated by the world, but free of my enemy.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

The difference between western ideals and eastern. That eastern includes Hamas, Russia, Iran, NK, China, and many more who do not share the same ideals in war.

Last edited:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I mean, not like we can talk. We switched to just using death robots to murder people from the air because capturing them and keeping them in Gitmo got to be too politically inconvenient.

The battlefield expedient execution remains in play because it's easy and solves problems.
    Just to clarify. You're saying that Israel is *murdering* Hamas terrorists?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Seeing the destruction of Gaza, and the Israeli hostages reminded me of this scripture.

Zephaniah 2:4-7 NKJV
    For Gaza shall be forsaken, And Ashkelon desolate; They shall drive out Ashdod at noonday, And Ekron shall be uprooted.
    [5] Woe to the inhabitants of the seacoast, The nation of the Cherethites! The word of the LORD is against you, O Canaan, land of the Philistines: "I will destroy you; So there shall be no inhabitant."
    [6] The seacoast shall be pastures, With shelters for shepherds and folds for flocks.
    [7] The coast shall be for the remnant of the house of Judah; They shall feed their flocks there; In the houses of Ashkelon they shall lie down at evening. For the LORD their God will intervene for them, And return their captives.

Top Bottom