• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yasss. Because Jacinda Ardern and Theresa May are such excellent arguments for putting XX in positions of authority
    JettaKnight said:
    Better hair, and less hair sniffing.

After years and years of this, some of us just want some f***ing sanity in the oval office and we don't care if there isn't a Y chromosome.
    Hey guys, let’s compromise.
    You can have the best of both worlds. XYX. Big mike 2024.

Michelle-Obama-008.jpg

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Here you come again, with your PBS indoctrination leftist link and most uncharitable assertions of what was said.

What principals do you think should guide our government? It is beyond my comprehension that a professed Baptist would believe that our government should be guided by any but their own time proven principles.

As for what Boebert said, I too am tired of the current leftist usage, misinterpretation, and perversion of the intent of “separation of church and state”. The constitution put the bounds on the government, not the church and the text saying so is clear and unambiguous.

Boebert said, "The church is supposed to direct the government. The government is not supposed to direct the church."

Sounds good to me. There is way too much directing the church by the government.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Dude. That article was pure garbage.
    Agreed. But I'm at work, and had get something because Ingomike has weak Google-fu...

Here you come again, with your PBS indoctrination leftist link and most uncharitable assertions of what was said.
    Derp, derp, PBS. Derp, deep NPR. Derp, derp.

Boebert said, "The church is supposed to direct the government. The government is not supposed to direct the church."
    That's the definition of a theocracy. That's exactly where Iran is and Turkey is headed.

EDIT: and no, that is  not a function of the church. There's no Biblical commandment that the church is to be a political force. The church is there as a gathering of Christ's followers and for the edification of the body, and then for charity, and support.

Can I as a Christian influence the government? Of course, just like any other citizen regardless of creed, religion, nationality, race...
    Sounds good to me. There is way too much directing the church by the government.
    Yes, agreed.
    What principals do you think should guide our government? It is beyond my comprehension that a professed Baptist would believe that our government should be guided by any but their own time proven principles.
    You ironically nailed it. Everyone thinks the government should be based on their own principles, don't they?

Am I going promote principles and politicians that align with my Christians beliefs? Heck yeah, I am! Do I think America will prosper by following those principles? You bet I do!

But I want that done as a process of a free republic.

I want ever religion to have the same level of freedom and influence.

And as that professing Baptist, I believe in modelling Christ's love and the fruits of the spirit. Salvation isn't win at the ballot box, and political victories isn't essential to God. I don't want to drag this thread into Christianity, but each of us better get our own hearts right, and work on our own discipleship before before we start trying to own the libs. (And is that something God wants us to do?)

And when we start saying, "the government must be based on Judeo-Christian principles!" How far do we take it? How exclusive do we get? It's Raphael Warnock in, or is he out because he's not the right kind of Christian? Many will tell you that you have to be a Republican if you want to be Christian.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom