• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That's the definition of a theocracy. That's exactly where Iran is nd Turkey is headed.
    Pretty sure she meant the "values" of the church should direct government, not the literal "church" directing government. And she's not wrong. As in John Adams' quote:

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Note that Adams didn't specify a certain religion or denomination.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Pretty sure she meant the "values" of the church should direct government, not the literal "church" directing government. And she's not wrong. As in John Adams' quote:

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

I totally agree with John Adams; he was eloquent and intelligent.

Bobert is the opposite.

Now I want to go watch HBO's miniseries.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not a fan of CFG. Not the worst thing though. If that's the only negative for DeSantis, it's a net positive. If CFG were still sucking Trump's stub I suspect you'd have no problem with them.
    Wrong. They, and libertarians in general, are pro illegal immigration and pro open borders

I'm pro wall. I'm pro interlocking fields of fire at the border, too, but some people find that extreme

I'm not even pro H1B, hire your own countrymen - and if there aren't enough of them do something about the state of higher education and about scholarships over loan forgiveness

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Lemme get this straight - Democrats are evil because they vote for Democrats. But if they stop voting for Democrats (because they don't like the progressive agenda) and start voting for Republicans, they're still evil? ... because reasons?
    Would you accept people into your church who left the Unitarian Universalists, because they had gone a bit too far, but wanted to join your congregation but not follow its precepts?

Fallen away Dems as potential Republicans present a parallel problem

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As promised

Like Kamala, Nikki is everything wrong with her party. Kamala is Hillary Lite, slightly less bitter, a lot dumber, but just as insincere. Nikki is Jeb! in a skirt, temperamentally establishment and soft, but much more ambitious and cunning than the human puffball who begged us to "Please clap" as he awaited what he expected would be a coronation.

If you ever want to know what Nikki Haley will do, you need but put a finger to the breeze and thereby know which way she will go. She is a human windsock, a consultant-driven conventional wisdom advocate who spews tired "Let's build bridges to a better tomorrow"-type dross from circa 2005. She always seems on the verge of demanding that you conservative ruffians keep it down and let the adults talk.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't think it's very hard to find very many here who disagree that NH is not the one.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, the 1970s called and they want their opinion of PBS/NPR being an unbiased source back
    I very specifically try to not cite them. But it's far to easy to for some to try and connect me to some outlet so they can discredit me. Why argue on the merits when you can just spout out three capital letters?

I'm also not a fan of citing media outlets that strongly align with one's biases.

Would you accept people into your church who left the Unitarian Universalists, because they had gone a bit too far, but wanted to join your congregation but not follow its precepts?

Fallen away Dems as potential Republicans present a parallel problem
    Similar but different.

Many churches do (and should) require members to hold to a specific set of truths.* But I don't know of any such requirements to claim to be a Republican (holding an office is a different thing, and not what's being discussed). All you have to do is register as such. Heck, you don't even have to do that - you vote for whomever you please.

* Our pews are open to whomever you are as a visitor.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't think it's very hard to find very many here who don't agree that NH is not the one.
    TBH, I'm not thrilled with her. But dammit, there hasn't been "the one" since Reagan.

Meh, let's all hope someone better steps forward.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    NH is definitely no Reagen with boobs.
    Ew. Suddenly I'm no longer hungry.

When was it that NH gave the response to the State of the Union address? Wasn't that under Obama? It certainly wasn't so long ago to be under Clinton, was it? I remember watching that thinking, "Whoa! When's she running?" I guess I have my answer.

(Google shows 2016)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Here you come again, with your PBS indoctrination leftist link and most uncharitable assertions of what was said.

What principals do you think should guide our government? It is beyond my comprehension that a professed Baptist would believe that our government should be guided by any but their own time proven principles.

As for what Boebert said, I too am tired of the current leftist usage, misinterpretation, and perversion of the intent of “separation of church and state”. The constitution put the bounds on the government, not the church and the text saying so is clear and unambiguous.

Boebert said, "The church is supposed to direct the government. The government is not supposed to direct the church."

Sounds good to me. There is way too much directing the church by the government.

Hmm

Source shaming from the gateway pundit guy.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I would just like to say that Adams was incorrect. A morality based on personal responsibility and an ethos of individual perseverance is required. But I will acknowledge that traditional Christians tend to have those characteristics more than non-religious people do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Boebert said, "The church is supposed to direct the government. The government is not supposed to direct the church."

That's the definition of a theocracy.
    No it’s not. Bobert’s language is imprecise. It could easily be as DD took it. She did not say The Church should control the government. That would make them part of government. That’s definitely prohibited by the constitution.

But generally I agree with a lot of what you said about separating church and state and the role of Christians WRT the government.

But I don’t think the government should prohibit people in government from exhibiting their religious tenants, or using their beliefs to guide their decisions as ling as it doesn’t violate their oath of service to their constituents. If you work for the government and you want a picture of white Jesus on your desk. So what? But don’t complain when Ahmed sets his prayer rug down and to it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom