• ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Sorry, no time to read the whole thread, but if this guy was with the "Marion County Sheriff's Department", wouldn't that mean he either works at the jail/city county building or is, more likely, one of these fools?

I mean, if he actually had the power to arrest or cite, wouldn't he have just done it, rather than calling IMPD?

After reading more, I see the above was touched on.

After thinking more about it, I might have simply told the alleged MCSD Deputy (before ID was shown, he only claimed to be LEO) that he didn't know what the hell he was talking about, suggest he bone up on the IC, and go about my business.

Last edited:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    then they need to take the false advertising off their cars: "to protect and serve"

they are the ones who claim it themselves. might as well put: "to dick over and oppress" on their cars.
    I like the logo on the Transformers police car better. "To Punish and Enslave"

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    then they need to take the false advertising off their cars: "to protect and serve"

they are the ones who claim it themselves. might as well put: "to dick over and oppress" on their cars.

You mean like this? Edit: I see Beau beat me to it...

871406039_975f874c4d.jpg

15-transformers-2007-camaro.jpg

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Really?

What if they believe that a person may have information of a missing person, without the officer suspect of the complicity of a crime?

What of a person suspected merely of requiring mental hygiene attention?

What of a CHINS?

The list goes on and on.

let me post your complete comments:
    2. A police officer has the authority to stop and detain anyone, disarm them, cuff them, pat them down, identify them, and pose a limited number of questions to them. This would include viewing and confirming the validity of one's driver's license and LTCH.

So you think that it is ok if the police are looking for a missing person, that they can stop you, disarm you, pat you down, id you, and ask you if you have seen joe blow in the last 24 hours? Can they randomly stop people and do the same then ask them cognitive tests to see if they are mentally unstable? Is a chins report, a blank check to detain at will?

My problem with your statement was the term "anyone". It is like the always or never answers on true-false tests. Nothing is ever always or never, just like detaining "anyone" they desire is also false.

EPWSMAX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    did the deputy disarm u? was he off duty? if so i suggest u file a complaint against him.i believe an off duty cop has no rights to detain or harress any one

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Why? We still never got an answer as to why you were nervous?

i dont blame him. we all have heard the horor stories and they are in the backs of our minds. the deputy was already a moron so id be nervous too. i would have stood my ground and not gave an inch, but i still would be nervous. i would have been more nervous to make sure the PENIS looking deputy didnt touch me. never know where its been :):

Top Bottom