• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    i see nothin wrong with showing him the thread everyone is gonna sit here and be tuff guy on the interweb behind the guys back but the min he has a chance to defend himself you back off. oh and if you google tim davis marion county sheriff this thread is the 3rd result.

The Spud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hoosier in Exile
    Unfortunately, there is no law that says open carry is legal because that's not how laws work. The onus is on him to prove that it's ILlegal, which he obviously could not do. Carrying the IC around with you will therefore probably be of little use.

True, however, there might be a certain amount a internal glee to be had by having the offending LEO whip through page after page of the IC trying to find the law he KNOWS is there. :)

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    i see nothin wrong with showing him the thread everyone is gonna sit here and be tuff guy on the interweb behind the guys back but the min he has a chance to defend himself you back off. oh and if you google tim davis marion county sheriff this thread is the 3rd result.

Who is trying to be a "tuff guy"... if the OP wanted the person contacted.. it should be up to him to contact him, nobody else. I don't see anyone here flexing their "e-muscles" except you claiming people are being "tuff guys" and are supposedly backing off. This is a perfect example of why people shouldn't share their personal experiences on the web.. this kind of crap could get him sued if this deputy so decided to press the issue with an attorney and file papers with the courts. And now that someone has shared this with him.. who knows.. he could possibly do just that.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    This is a perfect example of why people shouldn't share their personal experiences on the web.. this kind of crap could get him sued if this deputy so decided to press the issue with an attorney and file papers with the courts. And now that someone has shared this with him.. who knows.. he could possibly do just that.

That wouldn't be very smart, considering the deputy and his department are at somewhat greater risk of a civil complaint. There's been nothing posted here actionable by the members of this board.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    If the truth has been posted then there is no reason to worry about lawsuits.

Take the tinfoil hat off.:D

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    OP "deputy TIM DAVIS of the marion county sheriffs dept was being a complete ass... he had his children with him and I didn't want to scare them"

I wonder who was with the children while Big Tim went outside.
    Were they very young ? Could be a big parenting problem here.
    He being off duty, I question his fatherlly priorities .

Thanks

Mark

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

Should the Deputy be crucified or otherwise burned in effigy for his misunderstanding of the law?

Absolutely.

:ingo:

Not wanting to take up a whole lot of bandwidth with your rather extended post, so I whittled it down considerably.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I can't wait until I am working in a legal clinic and I can get academic credit to litigate cases like this for free.

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    Should the armchair quarterbacks, hotheads, pseudo lawyers, and all the like on INGO take a breath and realize that people commit mistakes on a daily basis, despite their own perception that they are perfect?

These daily mistakes that LEO are making add up! How many threads here describe how LEOs, either by their ignorance or obstinacy, go out of their way to create a situation where a law abiding person who has committed no infraction of law or ordinance is detained or disarmed? I can probably find 50 stories here in INGO within minutes.

I've not read anywhere in this thread where anyone claimed or perceived themselves to be perfect, contrary to your opinions. What I have read are ordinary citizens tired of agents of the state over stepping their bounds and infringing on our freedoms!

Goddamnit, have you no fire in your blood? You quote law chapter and verse as if it was prose, but you appear to have no passion for the rights of your fellow citizens.

Lawmakers and judges have nickled and dimed us free men into such a position that we are damned if we do, damned if we dont, in just about any interaction with the police. Its only when passionate people (all armchair quarterbacks, hotheads, pseudo lawyers according to you) get together to affirm their rights that we stand a chance against tyranny. I am not over exaggerating. We either hold fast to our rights freedoms or they will be eroded away. Our forefathers knew this but unfortunately many in this nation have forgotten it. I will not.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Scarnucci: ive tried to basicly ask the same thing of JBusch8899, only in my own dumbed down way, and he posted a ron white video and implied me as stupid. I dont claim to be a lawyer, but i still know right from wrong when it comes to being oppressed. he still claims he is for the constitution and the rights of good citizens, but the more and more post of his i read, i doubt it even more. so im sure theres no reasoning with him. some people are swelled up too big to see the truth, and have an Elitist attitude. in the original colonies they had what they refer'd to as the "loyalist". << i just thought id mention that.

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    There are many self proclaimed patriots that make such mistakes as well. Good people sometimes commit terrible mistakes, but I rarely observe the same individuals calling for a cop's head, insist upon the average citizen to otherwise suffer the same fate for similar actions.

Average citizens do not share the same authority as LEO. With such authority (and the powers that come with it) also comes increased responsibility. Average citizens for the most part do not detain other citizens, ask for identification, disarm each other, etc.

Those representatives of the government that violate their oath under color of law, certainly should be brought to task. Does it still require that every individual in such a position of authority, be exposed to similar punishment, despite the totality of the circumstances?

Ummm YES! If you hold this position of authority, you should be held to task. It gets back to my previous comment of responsibility to us citizens. I understand that not every situation is bright line, and that some discretion is necessary. But when the same instances are repeated over and over by various agents of the state, there must be some accountability! If the state can't do something as simple as get the facts of how we free citizens can legally carry our firearms out to its various agencies, how or why should we expect to believe that they have their act together about other important facts? If the state believes that its various agents are well trained and informed, and the agents still act inappropriately, then said agents need to be held to task. (i.e. discussed about at length in public forums, have their supervisors called, punished, etc.)

I am not contrary to fighting for mine, or anyone else's liberties. I am however, opposed to the proverbial tempest in a teacup that anytime that anyone declares that they have had their rights infringed. While there are certainly actions of the aforementioned LEO to be considered, there are also two sides of a story.

Well, since it appears that Tim Davis has been made aware of our discourse, he is more than welcome to give us his side. I look forward to it.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    A police officer in Indiana is never "off duty".

Law Enforcement do not have rights, they have authority.

LE have the qualified authority to detain anyone, anytime.

Nobody has the right to harass anyone.

Wonderful first post, Troll.

Papers Please!!! Citizen,,, polish my jack boots!

Top Bottom