HA ! Bloomberg's latest folly has already been compromised !

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I disagree passionately with Bloomberg, but I know enough to be sure that I'm not the one who decides who gets into heaven, or not. I'm also sure about who does. And finally, I'm sure there will be surprises for all of us as to who makes it and who doesn't.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I thought this was a firearm discussion forum, not faith.

You will have to take that up with Bloomberg, given that he is the one who brought faith into this in form of declaring that he has earned his spot in heaven whether God likes it or not.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I disagree passionately with Bloomberg, but I know enough to be sure that I'm not the one who decides who gets into heaven, or not. I'm also sure about who does. And finally, I'm sure there will be surprises for all of us as to who makes it and who doesn't.

I am with you across the board, especially given that with the surprises we get out of the survivors, one could only imagine the surprises we would get if we knew the full story on the decedents.

As for Bloomberg, his own words stand in mutual exclusion with salvation.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Ok, I'm the one who started the faith discussion, so I'm going to try to bring it back around. This theory behind Everytown for Gun Safety is this: Single issue voters tend to be more passionate about their beliefs, and more active in promoting them to their legislators. Pro-gun people tend to be single issue voters - gun safety, I mean, gun control people are not single issue voters.

The solution: make gun safety (there I go again), I mean gun-control people tend toward being single issue voters. Focus on mom's, and scare the living heck out of them, with PSA's like this (if someone smarter than me could imbed it, that would be nice, but here's the link:

New Bloomberg-Backed Gun Safety Group Releases Chilling PSA Aimed At Parents

The goal is to get enough pro-gun control single issue voters to get the attention of the Democratic legislators who always back down from the pro-2A voters and campaigns.

The first legislation to be promoted by this group will be universal background checks. Which will do nothing to help the situation in the PSA. Do incidents as depicted in the PSA "happen all the time" as it suggests? Depends what is meant by "all the time". I don't think a week goes by without reading about something similar happening in the USA. Still, one time is too many, and there are ways we all know to address that.

I would suggest the Eddie Eagle program, educating children about firearms and keeping firearms secured. That's what really ticks me off about the PSA. It highlights a real safety issue (unsecured, loaded handgun, in the house with firearm ignorant children), but the organization isn't interested in real solutions to the problem. Everytown just wants the PSA to scare women into becoming single issue voters. I think that approach is immoral, and people who do that sort of thing won't get into heaven (if there is a heaven, which there is not, but that's just my opinion). Oops, back again to a faith discussion. Sorry.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The solution: make gun safety (there I go again), I mean gun-control people tend toward being single issue voters. Focus on mom's, and scare the living heck out of them, with PSA's like this (if someone smarter than me could imbed it, that would be nice, but here's the link:

New Bloomberg-Backed Gun Safety Group Releases Chilling PSA Aimed At Parents

The goal is to get enough pro-gun control single issue voters to get the attention of the Democratic legislators who always back down from the pro-2A voters and campaigns.

You have a suggestion for how to change hearts and minds: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-firearms-discussion/342525-who-did-you-introduce-shooting-firearms-today.html

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    That last paragraph just lets you know how messed up this guy really is... It is sad

And thankfully you will never find as many people for gun control who are as passionate as those who are all about firearms... All the same it always is a bad day to see any sort of this talk out there.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    The left loves to solve problems with technology, laws or just talking it to death. Anything but having to deal with people.

Because in their hearts, they know they're right. Why waste time talking about settled science, policy, law, fact?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Facebook will undoubtably kick them out of the page name. And probably keep anyone who "liked" the pro-gun page "liked" to the anti-gun page while they are at it.

Funny you should mention that. I "liked" the main page and the Indiana one yesterday but today, I noticed they were "un-liked". I don't know if I did it accidentally or if something more nefarious happened, for now I'm going to go with it was me. :shady:

Top Bottom