• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Every thing God created has a proper purpose.

ILLUSTRATION:
    A Teenage boy gets your daughter pregnant. -VS- A teenage boy with good character, good job and a little money in savings, marries your daughter. Your daughter calls you up and says "Daddy, I've got some great news for you, I'm pregnant.

God says sex is great, sex is fabulous, have sex all you want, with your wife,after you get married.

God created IT, IT is good, only when IT is used the way God intended IT to be used.

Ya - except we do not know if god considers using marijuana acceptable or not - that would be people's interpretations of what god would consider "proper".

We do know, if you believe in creation - god created us and many animals in a way that yields a reaction to marijuana. How synapses work, cannabinoids attach to synapses in our brains that are not effected by anything else that occurs in nature. Your body releases chemicals it produced locally that create the "high" you get when you ingest marijuana - not the cannabinoids themselves - they just trigger your body to do it. Nothing else in the natural world will trigger this same reaction - those synapses only specifically accept cannabinoids.

Many animals will ingest marijuana, and become effected by contained cannabinoids. Can animals commit sinful acts? The propagation of the plant god created depended upon animal ingestion...

Now, I understand many would say that you should "follow the laws of the land"... and I completely understand that, and why people (myself included) don't want to break the law. I just question - in a society where marijuana is legal, would ingesting it be immoral in itself? Is ingestion of marijuana sinful in some instances, but perfectly fine in others? Since the specifics are not laid out in the bible, we must use our own judgements - but it would be a stretch for anyone to say they know god's beliefs on the issue.

Last edited:

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Smoke it.
    Eat it.
    Inject it.
    Stone your brains out for all I care.

But when it comes to saving you from an OD, your rehab, or anything else along those lines dont be looking for me to pay for it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Smoke it.
    Eat it.
    Inject it.

But when it comes to saving you from an OD, your rehab, or anything else along those lines dont be looking for me to pay for it.

Absolutely. It's not society's job to pay for that, though government seems to have claimed that responsibility... for now. We'll see how long that lasts when we have gov't claiming responsibilty for everyone's care. The same logic applies to people wearing seatbelts and to people wearing helmets when riding motorcycles, IMHO.

Blessings,
    Bill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Smoke it.
    Eat it.
    Inject it.

ROFL rehab?

Overdoes? Are we even talking about the same illicit drug here? Last I checked, an overdose on marijuana included hunger, nausea, and increased heart rates... none of which require a trip to the hospital, and your doctor would likely laugh with his friends later if you went to the hospital for "overdosing on marijuana". Find me a few fatalities contributed to an overdose of marijuana, and then I may start to give that some thought.

The closest thing to medical costs would be future lung issues associated with smoking - but if we want to start pointing the finger at that - then it is time to discuss cigarettes, alcohol, and the number one health issue in America - FOOD consumption. If consuming a double cheeseburger at McDonalds is socially acceptable, then I don't think we can single out marijuana as an extremely concerning health risk.

Now, incarceration and the war on drugs... those ares we do spent a large sum of money on... that is what we fund... catching and punishing those that use it is one of the financial costs.. The question is - are those costs associated with the existence of marijuana, or prohibition of the drug?

Last edited:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    But yet, you're saying (if I understand correctly) that because the wrong person under the influence can kill a person and that to what extent the drug(s) alter the senses, we should prevent ALL people from using those drugs based on the fact that some react badly to them.
    Blessings,
    Bill
    BoR, I don't recall stating ALL people but correct me if I'm wrong. There are millions of people that use drugs for medical purposes. A person that uses for recreational purposes, can fondle around with firearms while under the influence all they want, if that's what they wish to do. On the same topic, there's a lot of drugs with the "take one of these and forget about your responsibilities" affect. That's bad news IMO.:patriot:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Hard to say. I think more liberals would admit to using it than conservatives would... For my part, I do not, have not, and have no plan of using it, even if it is made 100% legal and 100% untaxed, but I support the right of the individual to use what he chooses in whatever way he chooses. If it kills him, that's his problem. If he goes and commits a violent crime while using, I think he's asking for whatever penalty he receives, including the intended victim punching his ticket.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Yeah that's a tuff one. Though it does seem like in the 60's, a great % of them were anti everythings. Just sayin.:dunno:

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    ROFL rehab?

Overdoes? Are we even talking about the same illicit drug here? Last I checked, an overdose on marijuana included hunger, nausea, and increased heart rates... none of which require a trip to the hospital, and your doctor would likely laugh with his friends later if you went to the hospital for "overdosing on marijuana". Find me a few fatalities contributed to an overdose of marijuana, and then I may start to give that some thought.

The closest thing to medical costs would be future lung issues associated with smoking - but if we want to start pointing the finger at that - then it is time to discuss cigarettes, alcohol, and the number one health issue in America - FOOD consumption. If consuming a double cheeseburger at McDonalds is socially acceptable, then I don't think we can single out marijuana as an extremely concerning health risk.

Now, incarceration and the war on drugs... those ares we do spent a large sum of money on... that is what we fund... catching and punishing those that use it is one of the financial costs.. The question is - are those costs associated with the existence of marijuana, or prohibition of the drug?

You make EXCELLENT points - although you must realize after numerous studies Marijuana has little to no effect on the lungs over prolonged periods of smoking.

Also, you have other options such as edibles and vaping ( vaporizer ). If Indiana ever had a medicianal program, many will see the benefits this wonder plant really has to offer.

It's time for people to stop projecting their idea of morals on others, Freedom, Liberty and Pursuit of happiness if that means smoking a joint or drinking a beer - LET IT BE.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Smoke it.
    Eat it.
    Inject it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

HAHAHA, I read the rest of the posts on this page and am still laughing from this one! Who ever heard of someone ODing on weed?! :rolleyes: Furthermore, how do you inject weed? I've smoked it before, a long time ago, and I have yet to see someone inject it. The willingness of some people to debate a topic they clearly know nothing about astounds me.

To quote Katt Williams, "That ***** ain't dead, he's just sleepin... In thirty minutes he gon' wake up and eat everything in yo house! That's the side effect, happy, sleepy, hungry!"

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Personally, I don't care what people do with themselves. It's my responsibility to be aware of zombied out unsafe (not saying everyone is like that) people that are working with machinery or shooting firearms. We know anything bad that happens, we wouldn't want to hold them responsible for any negligence. Kinda like being a babysitter (the gov.) when following someone who just doesn't care about anything but gettin stoned and themselves. Just an opinion and my practice.

Last edited:

Ravenous

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indy
    A whole lot of misinformation and hypocrisy in this thread. How anyone can be about personal liberty, yet say that marijuana use in the comfort of their own home should be outlawed, astounds me. There are plenty of OTC drugs that have similarly affecting to the senses of the taker. Let's not forget controlled substances that are perfectly legal with a prescription. Should any mood or mind altering substances be outlawed merely because someone could operate a piece of machinery or go shooting? No, the actions of the user while under the influence should be legislated, the same as alcohol.
    I would venture to guess that many of the opponents to legalization in this thread partake in an alcoholic drink on occasion, or have in the past. Did you suddenly shoot up your neighborhood the last time you were drunk? No. You are a responsible gun owner and that doesn't change because you ingested a mind altering substance.
    The war on drugs isn't saving anyone from drug abuse. It's merely criminalizing a behavior that at times is recreational and other times a bigger issue like addiction.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    It's merely criminalizing a behavior that at times is recreational and other times a bigger issue like addiction.
    If a person/ persons under the influence acts with bad/ criminal behavior wouldn't they be criminalizing themselves?
    Maybe they should legalize dui no matter how many drinks one has.:dunno:
    This is a cool topic to discuss. It's really a two sided coin with a lot of different opinions.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Even if they did legalize it, there would still be some that buy and wars over who sells it to who. Or, maybe if people decided to grow their own and quit paying for it, uhh, someone might not take to kindly to that.

Ravenous

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indy
    If a person/ persons under the influence acts with bad/ criminal behavior wouldn't they be criminalizing themselves?
    Maybe they should legalize dui no matter how many drinks one has.:dunno:
    This is a cool topic to discuss. It's really a two sided coin with a lot of different opinions.

The war on drugs isn't the same as DUI. I don't advocate anyone infringing on the rights of others with their actions. DUI infringes on the rights of others by putting the public at risk. Smoking a joint in your home and having a beer in your home are the same to me.

Ravenous

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indy
    Even if they did legalize it, there would still be some that buy and wars over who sells it to who. Or, maybe if people decided to grow their own and quit paying for it, uhh, someone might not take to kindly to that.
    Did that happen when the 21st amendment passed?

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Smoking a joint in your home and having a beer in your home are the same to me.
    Even though I don't smoke and rarely have a drink, I can agree with that. It's no ones buisness what you do within your own property whether it's renting or owning. I've always been in favor of that.
    When pot becomes legal, it will be smoked everywhere and not just in ones home. I don't think I'd find the company of a stoned person all that pleasurable at a firing range. Would you.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I really like this topic when we can discuss it like grown ups and not have a vigilante vengence to punish and prove one wrong one way or another. Everyone is different with different views and personalities. It's really a cool discussion for non vigilantists.

Top Bottom