• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Medical Marijuana? Unsure why it's illegal. I'd rather someone using marijuana than harmful and addictive painkillers or other medicine if their condition warrants it. Lot of patients don't even 'smoke' the weed, there are forms of use that do not require harsh smoke. Everything from vaporizing the material by heating it hot enough that the THC is released in a vapor but not hot enough that the plant material burns. Eating it. Oils, etc.

In all honesty, I've got no problem with people doing it recreational either. I'd rather my neighbors be stoners than alcoholics. Since when were we a group of folk that liked the government telling people who aren't harming others how to live their life? Think about it.

I second. I haven't watched this series of shows yet but i have watched many documentaries and agree that there is definately SOME good to medical marijuana. The side effects of painkillers are 10fold higher than MM. :twocents:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Medical Marijuana? Unsure why it's illegal. I'd rather someone using marijuana than harmful and addictive painkillers or other medicine if their condition warrants it. Lot of patients don't even 'smoke' the weed, there are forms of use that do not require harsh smoke. Everything from vaporizing the material by heating it hot enough that the THC is released in a vapor but not hot enough that the plant material burns. Eating it. Oils, etc.

In all honesty, I've got no problem with people doing it recreational either. I'd rather my neighbors be stoners than alcoholics. Since when were we a group of folk that liked the government telling people who aren't harming others how to live their life? Think about it.

I've never smoked marijuana in my life and the hardest drug I've ever done is taking a hit off the whipped cream can when it is empty. I don't drink except for a very occasional (every couple months or so) glass of wine with a nice dinner, and I don't smoke. And in my experience with both alcoholics and stoners is that I would MUCH rather be around stoners than alcoholics.

The poster upthread before this was resurrected who was getting all up in a wad about this needs to eat more fiber methinks.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I have a curiosity question, I think one of the stereotypes of weed users are they are not productive citizens. So my question is, does consuming weed results in more unproductive citizens as well as more welfare dependents?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have a curiosity question, I think one of the stereotypes of weed users are they are not productive citizens. So my question is, does consuming weed results in more unproductive citizens as well as more welfare dependents?

I dunno about the typical pothead, but most of the ones I've known have been more productive than the serious alcoholics I've known. When I was out of HS and working fast food we'd have a few who would get high before their shifts and during break, and those where some of the best workers we had. I know several recreational pot smokers who hold down decent jobs and take care of their obligations, and many of them are not in menial positions. I know of at least a couple who are jerks when they drink but pretty decent when they are high.

That is not to say I don't know some worthless stoners, I know some of them too, but I suspect they'd be worthless without being stoned all the time.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Have you seen these ads in Maine? I completely agree.

2w7pq4z.jpg

GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane

From my observation experience, you're the person you are sober except magnified.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    those claiming that pot smokers are feeding the cartels need to take a look at the wave of young people moving to places like Colorado, California and Michigan for the sole purpose of growing and selling pot...and many of them end up making a living doing it...its essentially a small business boom, the cartels dont provide the quality that the rich pot-snobs in cali and CO want..that comes from the hippies you know who moved out west cause they "loved the lifestyle" and "fresh air"....that being said, it does disturb me somewhat that so many in my generation are moving so far away from home simply do be able to legally do a certain drug, i wish drugs and MORE importantly ALCOHOL had less of a stanglehold on america in general

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.

I've met hard working stoners that I probably couldn't keep up with on a day to day basis and I've met worthless lazy ones that acted like zombies. But for what it's worth, I can say the same about 'sober minds' too. I've worked with straight-edge people who nagged and complained and were lazy and dumb while some stoner teen outworked them. It's just hit or miss, just like with regular people not under the influence. You've got lazy people, you've got people that work hard. I don't think pot makes a productive person lazy.

EDIT: Also, from my food service industry days I will say that working with stoners was usually more fun than others. We'd always listen to great music in the back. They did their job well but could also have fun on the job. And come towards the end of their shift, they're taking initiative to do things to make getting out of their faster. The pay was crap, but have some good memories of doing dishes and flipping steaks. Pouring drinks and serving food.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I don't use any recreational drugs other caffeine, but I've never been attacked by a stoned guy. Drunk guys are a different story. :twocents:

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Firearms shouldn't go with anything that impairs judgement, legal or not. The simple solution is not to drink, smoke, snort, swallow, or inject anything that does so. Some people crave escape from themselves, and they should lock up the weapons before using if they must.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Wow... almost 6yrs ago when Mike started this site and I joined up I would never imagined such an open minded and realistic discussion on this subject. Im really glad to see my fellow Ingo'ers speaking with reason and no hiding there real opinions for fear of judgement or persecution. I also implore anyone who believes Marijuana is an evil illegal drug to do research, Read for your self the history of the law. Then research alcohol prohibition time period. Also research big tobacco. Compare the 3 items. Then research some of the harder drugs of the world, and compare those drugs to both alcohol and tobacco... then lastly marijuana..... my results tell me that both alcohol and tobacco are more like hard drugs and in most cases still to this day addict and kill more people than cocaine, meth and heroin combined.... Marijuana has killed none....

I did just recently quit cigarettes almost 4 weeks ago.... As a young man "10yrs ago" i stopped smoking pot in 1 day... lol its not a physical addiction. But its taken me 3years to quit cigarettes and the withdrawals, the cravings, the addiction was physically painful. I felt like my body was ripping itself a apart. I suffered depression, short temper, anxiety, mood swings, hot/cold flashes and shaking, even my eyesight took a couple weeks to re-adjust as cigarettes change your optic pressure and its worse for me since ive had lasik. I quit "cold turkey" It was the only way to break the chains. Even now i want a cigarette. And i can easily and legally pick up a pack and start smoking. Because the tobacco, alcohol, and prescription drug companies are so big they can buy- laws, reforms, judges, senators and votes. These 3 industries are the biggest drug dealers in the whole world. And they also have the most to loose from the legalization of marijuana.

Hope my thoughts have opened at-least 1 persons eyes. Truth we cant put our faith in our "pay per vote" style governments ideas on what is legal or illegal , or what is right or wrong. We the people must decide for ourselves using our own minds and our own hearts. And most importantly our god given since of freedom.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Wow... almost 6yrs ago when Mike started this site and I joined up I would never imagined such an open minded and realistic discussion on this subject. Im really glad to see my fellow Ingo'ers speaking with reason and no hiding there real opinions for fear of judgement or persecution. I also implore anyone who believes Marijuana is an evil illegal drug to do research, Read for your self the history of the law. Then research alcohol prohibition time period. Also research big tobacco. Compare the 3 items. Then research some of the harder drugs of the world, and compare those drugs to both alcohol and tobacco... then lastly marijuana..... my results tell me that both alcohol and tobacco are more like hard drugs and in most cases still to this day addict and kill more people than cocaine, meth and heroin combined.... Marijuana has killed none....

I did just recently quit cigarettes almost 4 weeks ago.... As a young man "10yrs ago" i stopped smoking pot in 1 day... lol its not a physical addiction. But its taken me 3years to quit cigarettes and the withdrawals, the cravings, the addiction was physically painful. I felt like my body was ripping itself a apart. I suffered depression, short temper, anxiety, mood swings, hot/cold flashes and shaking, even my eyesight took a couple weeks to re-adjust as cigarettes change your optic pressure and its worse for me since ive had lasik. I quit "cold turkey" It was the only way to break the chains. Even now i want a cigarette. And i can easily and legally pick up a pack and start smoking. Because the tobacco, alcohol, and prescription drug companies are so big they can buy- laws, reforms, judges, senators and votes. These 3 industries are the biggest drug dealers in the whole world. And they also have the most to loose from the legalization of marijuana.

Hope my thoughts have opened at-least 1 persons eyes. Truth we cant put our faith in our "pay per vote" style governments ideas on what is legal or illegal , or what is right or wrong. We the people must decide for ourselves using our own minds and our own hearts. And most importantly our god given since of freedom.

Everything you said is spot on. i quit smoking over a year ago, and i still have random cravings. it litterally haunts my dreams. the only thing wrong with weed is anyone can grow it, and the government does not like us having anything that they cant tax.

Top Bottom