• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9kXXfm0C_A&feature=related"]YouTube - Drugs are bad-MMkay[/ame]

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Never thought of myself as the revolting type, nor have I wished pot to be legal since I was about 19, but at least I'm thinking about both issues now.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Here we go again.If INGO supports the use of illegal drugs please delete my membership.If you are honest upholding residents then put a end to the use of illegal drugs and ban this kind of posting.:popcorn:

As everyone is, you're entitled to your opinion, Thumper. Consider, though, that (at least from my perspective) it's not so much supporting the use of "illegal drugs" as it is questioning the authority by which the determination was made that it was to be made a criminal act to merely possess a freely-growing weed. Understand that I do not, have not, and have no plans to smoke that stuff or use it in any way with the possible exception of hemp rope or cloth, I just don't recognize any Constitutional authority for the US Government to outlaw the possession and/or use of this or that chemical that they don't (or didn't) think they could make a lot of money on. (and for evidence of that assertion, please feel free to consider such "legal" things as tobacco and alcohol and also the mind-boggling concept that a substance is bad if you have it, to the point of deserving years in prison, expensive fines, and the loss of the legal ability to exercise your rights for the rest of your life, solely because of that substance being found in a certain quantity in your possession. Really? If you have three ounces, you're in trouble, but just a little bit, but if you have four ounces, you're going away for 10 years and owing $10,000 when you get out? (note that I'm pulling the amounts out of thin air; I don't know what the dividing line is between a "user" and a "dealer") Of course, you don't get in trouble for having it or even for using it, nor are you a bad person if you got a permission slip from some guy in a white coat and paid for it in a building with a big Rx sign out front. (that latter would of course, refer more to such things as narcotics and cocaine than it would to marijuana, at least in Indiana.) Heck, you could be standing in front of a LEO, legislator, or judge and be actively using narcotics right there in full view, and if you have that permission slip (prescription), there's not a bloody thing they can, or will even try to do to you for it. You could even use them in church and no one would bat an eye.

Doesn't that seem a little silly to you, that a little piece of paper that never touches the substance in question can make it all hunky-dory, but without it, someone is worthy and deserving of long, harsh punishments?

It's time to end the government's crusade against and control over the things we choose to put in our bodies.

Blessings,
    Bill

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom - please keep that in mind.

It will never cease to amaze me that many of these "freedom loving" gun owners would be so willing to accept authority just because "it's the law". Stop and think about it for a second, that is if you can wake up from that slumber.

P.S I'm in love with the brunette in those videos.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Alcohol was once illegal, also. Seems to me that if anything is a gateway drug, it'd be that, or cigarettes.

The idea of a "gateway drug" is a complete farce, this and many other terms were coined to push an agenda of FUD ( fear uncertainty doubt ).

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    When I was young and dumb, I smoked bales of it. I used alcohol in excess as well. The dumbest crap I ever did was due to booze.

Once I got mature (sorta) and responsible, I had to give weed up because I couldn't afford to take the risks involved with this particular illegal activity...IE lose job, go to jail/brig, being unable to provide for family, etc.

If weed were legal, I'd use it instead of alcohol, and I'd use it like I currently use alcohol...in moderation, on weekends/holidays, not before or during work, and not while driving.

I never wanted to fight, crash my car, have sex with women I should not, or vomit when smoking weed.

All I wanted to do when high was turn the stereo up and eat Sour Cream and Onion Lays potato chips...the perfectly harmless weekend.

I think pot should be legal and taxed/regulated like booze.

So there...

Now I'm done.

BTW...all my kids know about the dumb crap I did as an unsavory youth. I use my mistakes as teaching tools.

PS...I don't think it would be wise to handle firearms when high. The noise would be a real buzz-kill.

Last edited:

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    If weed was legal, the cartels would "leave."

I'm a pretty decent gardener. ;)

Hit you with rep once but here we are again waiting to spread it around. I am sorry thumper but if you are so decisively against people that use or intake things into their body that the government deems illegal sooner rather than later you may find yourself on the wrong side of the law if you continue to support such legislature. I am completely against the legislation and whatever you choose to put in your body is your decision and your right.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    As everyone is, you're entitled to your opinion, Thumper. Consider, though, that (at least from my perspective) it's not so much supporting the use of "illegal drugs" as it is questioning the authority by which the determination was made that it was to be made a criminal act to merely possess a freely-growing weed. Understand that I do not, have not, and have no plans to smoke that stuff or use it in any way with the possible exception of hemp rope or cloth, I just don't recognize any Constitutional authority for the US Government to outlaw the possession and/or use of this or that chemical that they don't (or didn't) think they could make a lot of money on. (and for evidence of that assertion, please feel free to consider such "legal" things as tobacco and alcohol and also the mind-boggling concept that a substance is bad if you have it, to the point of deserving years in prison, expensive fines, and the loss of the legal ability to exercise your rights for the rest of your life, solely because of that substance being found in a certain quantity in your possession. Really? If you have three ounces, you're in trouble, but just a little bit, but if you have four ounces, you're going away for 10 years and owing $10,000 when you get out? (note that I'm pulling the amounts out of thin air; I don't know what the dividing line is between a "user" and a "dealer") Of course, you don't get in trouble for having it or even for using it, nor are you a bad person if you got a permission slip from some guy in a white coat and paid for it in a building with a big Rx sign out front. (that latter would of course, refer more to such things as narcotics and cocaine than it would to marijuana, at least in Indiana.) Heck, you could be standing in front of a LEO, legislator, or judge and be actively using narcotics right there in full view, and if you have that permission slip (prescription), there's not a bloody thing they can, or will even try to do to you for it. You could even use them in church and no one would bat an eye.

Doesn't that seem a little silly to you, that a little piece of paper that never touches the substance in question can make it all hunky-dory, but without it, someone is worthy and deserving of long, harsh punishments?

It's time to end the government's crusade against and control over the things we choose to put in our bodies.

Blessings,
    Bill

Well put Bill. +1

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    A bunch of dopers on this site these days..Sheezzzz!!

I wear my badge proudly.

FREEDOM, LIBERTY wait... wut?

128320993454987500dudewaitw.jpg

7.62-5.56Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Portland, IN
    this is why i live in the UNITED States of America and not russia or china... mind your own businesswhat ppl do in their own home is their problem. im not a drug user nor am i supporting drug use or abuse. im just saying the people who think theyre all high and mighty cuz i dont do drugs or drink alcohol. remember alcohol is just as much of a drug as marijuana or cocaine. be humble... noone is telling you you cant carry your gun or shoot them. if ppl want to ruin their lives, let them.. youll be better off in the long run.

Top Bottom