• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Constitutionality aside for a second... a lot of people don't realize just why Marijuana is illegal. It really had nothing to do with Marijuana causing crimes.

Back then two of the biggest supporters of criminalizing marijuana was Hearst and Anslinger.

Hearst had some heavy investments in the timber industry to support his newspaper chain which were threatened by the development of hemp paper. In addition he had a problem with "mexicans" having lost about 800,000 acres of timberland to pancho villa. He loved telling stories about mexicans and their "devil weed" in his papers. As we all know that kind of sensationalize sells and it helped make him rich.

It is strongly thought that the whole reason was Hearst's financial stake in having marijuana banned (as well as him being a bit off a "racist") and his finding of a strong ally in Anslinger who pretty much made his career on it and technically was the first Drug Czar (though that title wasn't used back then).

The two used fears of "drug crazed" minorities and sensationalized made up stories about said minorities going on murder sprees, raping "white women" as well as how when "white women" smoked the insidious substance they were prone to seeking out and fornicating with minorities.

I really wish people did some research. It's not like it's hard to do these days.

Just in case you missed it here are some of the things that were put out to the public to try and spread the fear:

“There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others.

“…the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races.”

“Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death.”

“Reefer makes darkies think they’re as good as white men.”

“Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing”

“You smoke a joint and you’re likely to kill your brother.”

“Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind.”

Marihuana makes fiends of boys in thirty days — Hashish goads users to bloodlust.”

“By the tons it is coming into this country — the deadly, dreadful poison that racks and tears not only the body, but the very heart and soul of every human being who once becomes a slave to it in any of its cruel and devastating forms…. Marihuana is a short cut to the insane asylum. Smoke marihuana cigarettes for a month and what was once your brain will be nothing but a storehouse of horrid specters. Hasheesh makes a murderer who kills for the love of killing out of the mildest mannered man who ever laughed at the idea that any habit could ever get him….”

And other nationwide columns…

“Users of marijuana become STIMULATED as they inhale the drug and are LIKELY TO DO ANYTHING. Most crimes of violence in this section, especially in country districts are laid to users of that drug.”

“Was it marijuana, the new Mexican drug, that nerved the murderous arm of Clara Phillips when she hammered out her victim’s life in Los Angeles?… THREE-FOURTHS OF THE CRIMES of violence in this country today are committed by DOPE SLAVES — that is a matter of cold record.”

Those are just a fraction of it. It is really quite ridiculous.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    With the exception of Mitch, I think you just proved my point that Drug use = Dummies ;)

Well I was aiming at politicians, and you know how we like 'em dumb... but if you want a couple of men most would consider "smart"....

bill_gates.thumbnail.jpg

author-photo---steve-jobs.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Pot, alcohol and handling firearms under the influence, uhh, no thanks. I think I'll go to the range alone. JMO.

Actually God made alcohol as well. Well at least the yeast that produce it. Go get some grapes off a vine crush them in a bucket and let it sit for a week or two. You'll have wine.

Not that much different than picking the buds and laying them out for a couple of weeks to dry.

Here are a few others that God has made.... Opium, peyote, psychedelic mushrooms, LSD (yes virtually all of it that's around now is synthetic, but it is a natural product of the Rye ergot) and the coca plant.

You are absolutely correct. All of these things are a part of God's creation, and every one has a valid use. Most of these have a medicinal use and when used to alleviate pain or help a patient in some way are perfectly fine.

Alcohol is not made by yeast. Yeast is a living organism that eats sugar, any sugar. That is why you can make alcohol out of nearly anything,
    Sugar=Rum
    Corn=Whiskey
    Potatoes=Vodka
    When you eat your meal you run to the woods and take a c***. Flies come and land on it and lay eggs. Their young eat the c***and grow big and strong.

When yeast or other bacteria eat sugar they sit right there and take a c*** yeast c***=alcohol. They eventually eat all the sugar and die in their own c***. You come along take a drink and say SMOOTH.

Why do they use alcohol to kill germs. Ever hear of alcohol poisoning?

Every thing God created has a proper purpose.

ILLUSTRATION:
    A Teenage boy gets your daughter pregnant. -VS- A teenage boy with good character, good job and a little money in savings, marries your daughter. Your daughter calls you up and says "Daddy, I've got some great news for you, I'm pregnant.

God says sex is great, sex is fabulous, have sex all you want, with your wife,after you get married.

God created IT, IT is good, only when IT is used the way God intended IT to be used.

Last edited:

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana

ILLUSTRATION:
    A Teenage boy gets your daughter pregnant. -VS- A teenage boy with good character, good job and a little money in savings, marries your daughter. Your daughter calls you up and says "Daddy, I've got some great news for you, I'm pregnant.

God says sex is great, sex is fabulous, have sex all you want, with your wife,after you get married.

God created IT, IT is good, only when IT is used the way God intended IT to be used.

Of course, technically, you can also have multiple wives according to the Bible.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    The wrong person, under the influence or not, can kill a person. Drugs alter the senses (in many different ways) of a persons mind. To what extent, depends on the person and the drug.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The wrong person, under the influence or not, can kill a person. Drugs alter the senses (in many different ways) of a persons mind. To what extent, depends on the person and the drug.
    But yet, you're saying (if I understand correctly) that because the wrong person under the influence can kill a person and that to what extent the drug(s) alter the senses, we should prevent ALL people from using those drugs based on the fact that some react badly to them.

Ever hear of a penicillin allergy? You give penicillin to the wrong person and it can kill them. For that matter, you eat peanuts and accidentally knock over the jar, spilling the dust at the bottom into the wind, someone might have an anaphylactic reaction to the peanuts... untreated, anaphylaxis = death. So.... should we outlaw penicillin and peanuts?

Just asking, I don't know this for sure but do you think more progressives are users than conservatives?
    Hard to say. I think more liberals would admit to using it than conservatives would... For my part, I do not, have not, and have no plan of using it, even if it is made 100% legal and 100% untaxed, but I support the right of the individual to use what he chooses in whatever way he chooses. If it kills him, that's his problem. If he goes and commits a violent crime while using, I think he's asking for whatever penalty he receives, including the intended victim punching his ticket.

Blessings,
    Bill

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Absolutely not. There are remedies to counter act allergic reactions to bad medicines. No one is immune to lead.

Only if administered in a timely fashion and you may not be in an area where such a "counter agent" could be administered when you need it. Also there is no guarantee that the "remedy" will work 100 percent of the time even if you happen to get it in time.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Of course, technically, you can also have multiple wives according to the Bible.

You are correct, unless you are a pastor or a deacon.

That said, I love my wife dearly, will be married 30 years in January. i will stay with her until the day that God takes one of us. I personally don't want more than one.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    You are correct, unless you are a pastor or a deacon.

That said, I love my wife dearly, will be married 30 years in January. i will stay with her until the day that God takes one of us. I personally don't want more than one.

Lol, it's glad to see someone who actually knows the Bible. It's seems so rare that I must give you a rep.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Only if administered in a timely fashion and you may not be in an area where such a "counter agent" could be administered when you need it. Also there is no guarantee that the "remedy" will work 100 percent of the time even if you happen to get it in time.
    Agree. If a person knows their allergic to certain foods or medicine, I wouldn't think they would eat or take a handfull of either but then again, you never know.:dunno:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I saw an ad on TV for some cable show season dvd called Sister Wives.

Totally ridiculous. Who would watch something like that?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You are absolutely correct. All of these things are a part of God's creation, and every one has a valid use. Most of these have a medicinal use and when used to alleviate pain or help a patient in some way are perfectly fine.

Alcohol is not made by yeast. Yeast is a living organism that eats sugar, any sugar. That is why you can make alcohol out of nearly anything,
    Sugar=Rum
    Corn=Whiskey
    Potatoes=Vodka
    When you eat your meal you run to the woods and take a c***. Flies come and land on it and lay eggs. Their young eat the c***and grow big and strong.

When yeast or other bacteria eat sugar they sit right there and take a c*** yeast c***=alcohol. They eventually eat all the sugar and die in their own c***. You come along take a drink and say SMOOTH.

Why do they use alcohol to kill germs. Ever hear of alcohol poisoning?

Alcohol is made by yeast. It is a byproduct of their digestion along with co2. Which you state later in your post.

Ever eat bread? Except for some flat breads and quick breads, they contain yeast crap also. Tasty tasty bread. Although technically it isn't crap, it's a secretion. Yeasts don't technically crap, they excrete the by-products of their digestion, just like when you exhale, you excrete co2. Or when your skin excretes oil.

And you are correct, alcohol when strong enough is a pretty decent sterilizer, it is also a very effect solvent and preservative. Before modern preservation techniques, alcohol was one of the few ways to preserve fruits for keeping.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Agree. If a person knows their allergic to certain foods or medicine, I wouldn't think they would eat or take a handfull of either but then again, you never know.:dunno:

And gunshots are not always fatal, either. Besides, the example I used about the peanuts didn't involve the person with the allergy taking the handful of them... Let me try again: I'm sitting at a picnic table in a park. I have a jar of Planter's peanuts in front of me, almost empty. It's a bit of a windy day as I sit there reading INGO on my laptop, and with the weight in the bottom of the jar being so slight, a gust happens to catch the jar and knock it over. The salt and peanut dust is caught in the wind. Downwind from me, about 15 feet, you're sitting on a park bench, also reading INGO. You're allergic to peanuts. The dust blows in front of you just as you take a breath.

You are now having an anaphylactic reaction to the inhaled/ingested peanut dust. You just happen to have forgotten your epi-pen at home, and the closest ambulance, a block away, just got called out three minutes ago to a woman in labor. The next closest is eight minutes away. Given that your throat will close up within two minutes, it will probably take another two or so for someone to realize you're having problems and call dispatch and get that truck on the way, and then eight minutes for them to arrive, and the brain starts to die within four minutes without oxygen, should peanuts be allowed for sale in this free country of ours?

Blessings,
    Bill

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana

I think the issue would be that they wouldn't know it or wouldn't know a particular item has a certain food in it. That is one of the danger's of people with severe food or medicine allergies.

Top Bottom