• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'd like to hear more about these protections. Do they involve a warrant and a judge or do officers on the scene make the confiscation decision?

I wondered about this as I heard Lindsay Graham's explanation of his bill (co-signed by a staunch anti-gunner) which sounds as if the grant money would be based on strict following of due process?

[video=youtube;xZRnUqGNUas]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZRnUqGNUas[/video]

Should be able to find the info within the thread in link below.
    Maybe Kelly In Avon can chime in as well, as he has a great grasp on all the newest laws since he gets directly involved .

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...t/463120-2019-legislative-session-thread.html

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It appears the BBC has removed this graphic from their story without a correction or any sort of note. It was there last night but it's gone this morning.

EBP6HsQXkAAOJO0

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    MG-42, American 180 and MAC M-11 are the only non powered guns that I've seen shoot 1200 and up.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    When they get done collecting data on the Dayton shooting it will be interesting to see if suppressing fire by the quicker police response saved lives over all.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Should be able to find the info within the thread in link below.
    Maybe Kelly In Avon can chime in as well, as he has a great grasp on all the newest laws since he gets directly involved .

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...t/463120-2019-legislative-session-thread.html

Thank you, my friend. I'll study up on that later.

In the meantime, maybe somebody knows if in Indiana, does the cop on the scene make the call, or does it involve a warrant/judge prior to confiscation?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Two cases:
    1. When a cop on the scene makes an arrest because you are acting in a dangerous or Psychotic manner and you are carrying, he will confiscate any guns you have in your possession at the time. This does not give him the right to make a search.
    2. If an affidavit is obtained from a judge the police can then enter your property, search for and confiscate your firearms.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well I for one am just thrilled that social media site owners will now be asked to identify potential candidates for gun confiscation.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    MG-42, American 180 and MAC M-11 are the only non powered guns that I've seen shoot 1200 and up.

Now Jerry Miculek with a semi-automatic AR-15 might be able to come close. I have seen him fire 6, reload and fire 6 more from a 357 revolver in less than 3 seconds. That's a rate of 240 rounds per minute... from a revolver.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Here's the problem with "red flag" laws

Anyone who's put up pics on social media of their kids holding guns will be "red flagged" and have their guns—and probably their kids—taken away.

EBYud64XkAE_bSx

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Here's the problem with "red flag" laws

Anyone who's put up pics on social media of their kids holding guns will be "red flagged" and have their guns—and probably their kids—taken away.

EBYud64XkAE_bSx

I think any potential red flag law must be first and foremost predicated on the question, "Are they breaking current laws?" Clearly, nothing about that picture would indicate that. Secondly it would have to be determined whether or not they are likely to break current laws (whether by psych evaluation or further evidence of potentially unlawful behavior). Again, that picture gives no indication of such. I think it would be a HUGE stretch for any judge or LEO to even consider that as qualifying as a "red flag".

Now, if their parent posted that picture along with a long manifesto detailing how he was training his kids to shoot (insert demographic of choice here) because (reasons), etc., then I think an argument could be made that it was at least deserving of an investigation. But that picture there? Nope, not even close.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We can't allow pictures of kids and families with guns... it might aid in normalizing them with the general public.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom