EBcvUbrXYAU1eHc

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Who is Bill Mitchell? Why do I care about what he tweets?

Talk radio host, super hardcore Trump guy.

Just sort of showing how some are more loyal to the man than the country... seemingly willing to waver on important issues like 2A because their guy is.

Has a big following. Trying to stick to people that are somewhat influential, instead of nobodies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I just sent emails to both our IN Senators asking them to oppose new gun control legislation.

Same, but one of mine is a Dem and the other is a bit of a squish. Also sent a hand-written note to Trump explaining what I feel are the real issues at stake and asking him to reconsider the direction he is taking. Not sure if that has an actual chance to get to the addressee but it was worth the chance

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Same, but one of mine is a Dem and the other is a bit of a squish. Also sent a hand-written note to Trump explaining what I feel are the real issues at stake and asking him to reconsider the direction he is taking. Not sure if that has an actual chance to get to the addressee but it was worth the chance
    Just saw an article on FB (Gun Talk) about your squish. He has announced he is on the AWB side now.

Found the article it referred to.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/dayton-shooting-assault-ban-gop-mike-turner-213830038.html

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Wrong squish Expat, he's a representative. My senators are Sherrod Brown (the Dem, wouldn't join trump in Dayton until he would because; polling) and Rob Portman (the RINO squish)

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2019...ensus-after-dayton-and-el-paso-shootings.html
    Emotional Sen. Rob Portman says he hopes for gun law consensus after Dayton and El Paso shootings

Sen. Rob Portman on Tuesday described meeting with survivors of Sunday’s shootings in Dayton and watching emergency responders in hazmat suits wash blood from its sidewalks as he said the nation can no longer afford partisan deadlock on gun control legislation.

We all need to stand up against the bigotry and the hatred and the white nationalism," Portman told reporters. “We also need to figure out what happened in Dayton and why. These senseless acts of violence can be addressed by some legislation, but it’s deeper than that, obviously."

Notice how he's already singing the white supremacy chorus, but can't figure out what happened in Dayton - likely because he can't discern which way the political winds will blow with a leftist shooter

The ROP (Republican on Paper) governor we worked to elect to get rid of that piece of **** Kasich has turned out to be a disappointment, too. He was at the end of a long career in politics and thought to be a safe choice because he wasn't thought to be worried about re-election and would have greater freedom of action therefrom. Has turned into our own personal Romney

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I support enforcing what is on the books. I support holding INDIVIDUALS accountable for their actions, not an entire segment of society. I support not letting the emotion of the moment affect legislation, I support actually following the Constitution.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I support enforcing what is on the books. I support holding INDIVIDUALS accountable for their actions, not an entire segment of society. I support not letting the emotion of the moment affect legislation, I support actually following the Constitution.

Pick one, you can't support the constitution if you support what is on the books.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Universal background checks" = Federal gun registration

Really shouldn't take this lightly. This, alone, would make Trump the worst 2A President in recent history... if passed.

Here's hoping it doesn't get anywhere.... Or that he knows what he's doing and doesn't plan on passing it (even though he sure is talking it up).

Registration leads to...

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I cant argue that I believe many of the laws on the books violate the 2nd, at least as i interpret it. I am not a huge proponent of back ground checks, but don't see how they would result in a gun registry. As far as I know, there is no registry now when they do back ground checks at the FFL. Maybe i'm wrong, but I didnt think they recorded any gun info when calling in to NICS. Im also not sure why the push for universal checks? I dont recall any of the recent shooters getting their guns from anybody but a FFL, so this universal check seems pointless to me, but I guess I usually expect that most things are pointless and meant more to get closer to their eventual goal.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I cant argue that I believe many of the laws on the books violate the 2nd, at least as i interpret it. I am not a huge proponent of back ground checks, but don't see how they would result in a gun registry. As far as I know, there is no registry now when they do back ground checks at the FFL. Maybe i'm wrong, but I didnt think they recorded any gun info when calling in to NICS. Im also not sure why the push for universal checks? I dont recall any of the recent shooters getting their guns from anybody but a FFL, so this universal check seems pointless to me, but I guess I usually expect that most things are pointless and meant more to get closer to their eventual goal.

It's unenforceable without a registry.

Two people do a private sale - How does anyone know? How do you make them do a now-required background check? You can't without the guns being tracked by a registry. So you go to JimBob and say "Hey where did you get that gun?", "Oh I've had it for years." UBC is meaningless without registry. The entire goal of getting UBC passed is to get a federal registry.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I am NOT advocating for universal background checks, but I disagree that it would mean having to create a gun registry. I think they will push for one, but it doesnt have to create one. People can still lie about having a gun for years even if registration is required at the time of the sell. I think that their end goal is a registry and probably a ban of some sort though.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom