• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Sure. For the widow.

In cases of mistaken identify, wrong address listed on warrant ,any officer entering believes they are at the right place. They will respond accordingly. Your chances of surviving at much higher if you do not attack. You expect to terminate every persons and then clear your name in court when its determined the wrong address was listed? Is that reasonable? Like I said your reali$tic remedy is in court.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    In cases of mistaken identify, wrong address listed on warrant ,any officer entering believes they are at the right place. They will respond accordingly. Your chances of surviving at much higher if you do not attack. You expect to terminate every persons and then clear your name in court when its determined the wrong address was listed? Is that reasonable? Like I said your reali$tic remedy is in court.

Yes it is reasonable. If you made a mistake and attacked an innocent person and that innocent person defended themselves from you, their name should be cleared in any reasonable court.

An innocent person who has fallen victim to the PD's address mistake believes they are innocent and should act accordingly to the wrongful assault.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Yes it is reasonable. If you made a mistake and attacked an innocent person and that innocent person defended themselves from you, their name should be cleared in any reasonable court.

An innocent person who has fallen victim to the PD's address mistake believes they are innocent and should act accordingly to the wrongful assault.

I agree they should act appropriately. The appropriate action is in court. NYfelon made a good point. Use lethal force and it will be your widow clearing your name in court. Keep the gun put away...... Comply....and get paid.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I agree they should act appropriately. The appropriate action is in court. NYfelon made a good point. Use lethal force and it will be your widow clearing your name in court. Keep the gun put away...... Comply....and get paid.

Ahh, but that assumes that all LEO's are acting in good faith and with the purest of intentions. It also assumes that it is always clear that a LEO is a LEO.

See again the Kathryn Johnston case where the CI who turned on the cops who murdered her was being hunted by the 3 officers who ultimately ended up in jail. His 911 call as he was fleeing was horrifying to say the least.

IC 35-41-3-2 does not exempt legitimate self defense against a LEO from its purview.

Also, your idea that departmental policy in any way influences the legality of a use of force is laughable in the criminal context. Who gets charged criminally is up the prosecuting attorney's office or grand jury and no one else. It matters not a whit legally what your departments position is. The only way departmental policy comes in is in civil cases where it impacts whether or not your limited immunity applies. It has no direct applicability in whether you are criminally charged.

Joe

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The really cool thing is that one of these days Keyser may well be involved in a shooting and all these posts he keeps making will come back to haunt him. Say goodbye to that immunity. if he were actually a real cop, that is.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The really cool thing is that one of these days Keyser may well be involved in a shooting and all these posts he keeps making will come back to haunt him. Say goodbye to that immunity. if he were actually a real cop, that is.

I thought for sure you were going to say all his posts would stop.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Also, assumimg it isn't home invaders pretending to be police. Kill em all and let God sort em out.:rockwoot:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Huh...

I bet it would actually go the other way at some of the Houses in this State... ;)

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North

The appropriate reaction is likely going to be different in every single case. It usually isn't as simple as "sue them all" or "shoot them all".

You guys keep your guns put away when you step into OUR houses and the we'll talk.

This whole thing could be easily solved by hearing the other side of the story. So why don't we just ask Guerena if he was pointing his rifle at the police and if he did so knowing that they were police officers? Oh...I just remembered why we can't ask him. The police murdered him and buried the video evidence. But, if it looks like **** and it smells like ****, it's probably ****.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Ahh, but that assumes that all LEO's are acting in good faith and with the purest of intentions. It also assumes that it is always clear that a LEO is a LEO.

See again the Kathryn Johnston case where the CI who turned on the cops who murdered her was being hunted by the 3 officers who ultimately ended up in jail. His 911 call as he was fleeing was horrifying to say the least.

IC 35-41-3-2 does not exempt legitimate self defense against a LEO from its purview.

Also, your idea that departmental policy in any way influences the legality of a use of force is laughable in the criminal context. Who gets charged criminally is up the prosecuting attorney's office or grand jury and no one else. It matters not a whit legally what your departments position is. The only way departmental policy comes in is in civil cases where it impacts whether or not your limited immunity applies. It has no direct applicability in whether you are criminally charged.

Joe
    Your hung up on kathryn johnston. There was a large gap in time between returning fire. There was no longer a safety concern, she was not fleeing her home. Department policy makes a big difference in civil cases. In reference to criminal what has history taught you? Outside of a few anomalies how often is a leo charged criminally after a weapon has been pulled or leo has been fired at? Exactly.......your argument is laughable.

Top Bottom