• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    They were wanting civilian volunteers to act like civilians and interact with the soldiers, providing intel both good and bad that soldiers would then have to interpret and act on to find there target. Just like they will have to do for real in a hostile nation. I can assure you they would have left the town in question undamaged. I find it a little disturbing how little you understand those that defend this nation and what that entails. Maybe you should think about my offer of an education.

A year back or so there was a similar set of training in a small town, the problem is that not everyone rolling down the street knew about it. People who were not informed were stopped and had their cars searched. This is exactly the problem - you cannot get full consent and involvement from a town.

Last year helo's with guys hanging out the sides flew through Seattle and landed on building tops. Freaked out everyone watching and many responding LEO's as well as government level people had not gotten the memo about the approved training.

Badly planned leads to badly executed, leads to bad places. And that is not counting the initial problems I have with the program to begin with.

As for civi's not "getting it". I actually get it more than you realize. Soldiers need the best training they can get and each bit of that training puts them into the best position to do their jobs and stay alive. At the same time I have to weigh the gain from the SPECIFIC training for those who do the protecting against the ones being protected. Or to put it otherwise, and somewhat bluntly, those who are the employees and those who are the employers.

As for your offer, I would love to have a sit down and chat. I am far from the nutjob I may appear to you here! And I am always good to learn, reassess and occasionally change. I also have many hats and the tinnish one is only one.

Let me get through the next month and we will find some time for lunch and even an excuse to do Cosners if we are going to be in Bedford anyways. We can take the lunch schedule to PM...

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    After all, why are we involved in the Middle East to begin with. It sure as hell isn't to kill bad guys. If it was freedom and justice that was the motivation I can think of a few small towns on both sides of the border with Mexico that could use a few heroes.....

Wait? No Oil? Plenty of drugs and money though.

Or is there another motive for training at home? That is the question to begin with.

Or is it? There is also the question of trust. Quite frankly, You are asking me to trust a Dog and Pony Show that couldn't graduate Clown College.

You need to either trade in your tinfoil hat for a MICH or at least meet a soldier. Any soldier I know would love to deploy to the border but it's not like they can choose where they go. Do you honestly believe that we are stupid and are incapable of exercising free thought? As for dog and pony show, I guarantee I'm better at my job than you are yours.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Loosen the hats guys your tinfoil is starting to cut off circulation.

I wonder who these two think the National Guard is made of?

Interesting use of the "Don't Tread on Me" flag, as well as quotes from Jefferson and Franklin don't realize the National Guard are our modern Minutemen, yet worry the "State" is conspiring against them.

Our guys need all the training they can get before they enter harm's way.

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Techres, i don't believe you are a nut job. You seem like an intelligent and reasonable person. Thats why I made the offer, I just think you would benefit from a good conversation and I'm sure the education would go both ways.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    You need to either trade in your tinfoil hat for a MICH or at least meet a soldier. Any soldier I know would love to deploy to the border but it's not like they can choose where they go. Do you honestly believe that we are stupid and are incapable of exercising free thought? As for dog and pony show, I guarantee I'm better at my job than you are yours.

Oh HELL YES send ME to the southern border I would gladly shoot Coyote's all damn day long! :rockwoot:

lumpy39us

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    That is funny, people keep refering to the Guard being used to disarm in new orleans.
    If you look closly, pay attention here, The Military has uniform standards, I know I enforce them! Also look at the weapons, they look like the weapons used by SF type units, not issued to the Common soldier! Once again I know, I've never been issued a weapon like that! Also as posted, somewhere, it seems to have been lost. Blackwater was used to conduct door to door searches. Quit posting that vid its not true!! The guard never searched for weapons door to door. I have seen posts of NG members from there that will also say they never conducted such searches.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    That is funny, people keep refering to the Guard being used to disarm in new orleans.
    If you look closly, pay attention here, The Military has uniform standards, I know I enforce them! Also look at the weapons, they look like the weapons used by SF type units, not issued to the Common soldier! Once again I know, I've never been issued a weapon like that! Also as posted, somewhere, it seems to have been lost. Blackwater was used to conduct door to door searches. Quit posting that vid its not true!! The guard never searched for weapons door to door. I have seen posts of NG members from there that will also say they never conducted such searches.

Right, but the Guardsmen IN the video they interviewed were misleading.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    LEOs job-serve and protect. Militarys job-do what they are told,break things and kill.

LEOs job-serve and protect. Actually it is to enforce the laws of the land. I believe the alphabet soup agencies have destroyed both more property and lives than the military has not counting war operations. :D

Militarys job-do what they are told,break things and kill. Actually you off on this one also. The military's job is to protect and defend the constitution of the united states against ALL enemies both foreign and domestic. Their job is not to do as they are told. But yes things do tend to get broken by soldiers and people tend to die when you send soldiers somewhere. :D

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    LEOs job-serve and protect. Actually it is to enforce the laws of the land. I believe the alphabet soup agencies have destroyed both more property and lives than the military has not counting war operations. :D

Militarys job-do what they are told,break things and kill. Actually you off on this one also. The military's job is to protect and defend the constitution of the united states against ALL enemies both foreign and domestic. Their job is not to do as they are told. But yes things do tend to get broken by soldiers and people tend to die when you send soldiers somewhere. :D

:yesway:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    This is VERY true...a lot of people do NOT know this.

So, when someone suggests calling 911 in an emergency, one should - but be armed while doing so. We are really "on our own". (Especially here in IL)

(Calling for the police establishes you as the victim and the need for whatever action was taken.)

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Just thought you might like to know that in a SCOTUS decision the police are NOT required to protect the citizens. (actually, several cases/decisions)

Yup, but they are still duty bound to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of that Office. Constitutionally however, this is correct.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Yup, but they are still duty bound to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of that Office. Constitutionally however, this is correct.

To the "city", state. Not to the individual citizens. They do not "owe" the citizens who pay their wages their protection, but, to the city as a whole - according to SCOTUS. Fortunately, most police DO try to help the citizens. (Unless that would conflict with what the "city" government wants) And that is why "To Protect and Serve" has been removed from all police vehicles. Technically, they are not here for us.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    To the "city", state. Not to the individual citizens. They do not "owe" the citizens who pay their wages their protection, but, to the city as a whole - according to SCOTUS. Fortunately, most police DO try to help the citizens. (Unless that would conflict with what the "city" government wants) And that is why "To Protect and Serve" has been removed from all police vehicles. Technically, they are not here for us.

As per employment requirement yep. You are absolutely correct... which is why all Citizens who are able should be armed - kinda like "everyone is an armed guard" if you will - when a crime has been committed in your presence.

Top Bottom