• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    While I am not happy about the length of time it has taken for this group buy, I do have to state that I have had purchases held up in customs, so I understand that it can happen.

I had a piece of velcro that I purchased from a Canadian seller on Ebay held up in customs for a month. I thought that I got scammed, but it eventually showed up. When I emailed to complain about the delay, they stated that this sometimes happens.

Hopefully, customs will clear it soon and we can all move on.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    How about we set a date? How much time is reasonable? 3 months? 6 months? a year? 4 months have passed since my check cleared, I think we need to set a date and if no scopes then ask for a refund. 6 months seems reasonable to me, that would put us into April.

:popcorn:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I actually dreamt I had received this unicorn of a scope and had it sighted in on a suppressed Savage Arms MKII-FVSR with a Boyd's Tacticool stock. In my dream I spent all day yesterday thwackin' squirrels at 150-200yds from a tree stand. Yet unfortunately this morning, I woke to my alarm and went to work realizing I had no scope, no suppressor, and no such rifle. Blargh!!! One day my dreams will come true, and I will link back to this post when they do.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Sorry guys i have not been updating. I wish i had more information but i dont. Custums is being a PITA and wont release them. Matts doing anything he can to get them, and once customs releases them it will not be a long proccess.

Hang in there, they will come.

et_aruba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    NWI
    Hello IndyGunworks,
    Thanks for putting this group buy together. I was unfortunately too late for this one. Will you be doing one of these again in the near future? I would be interested in acquiring one of these scopes.
    Thanks!

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Hello IndyGunworks,
    Thanks for putting this group buy together. I was unfortunately too late for this one. Will you be doing one of these again in the near future? I would be interested in acquiring one of these scopes.
    Thanks!
    If you read back a few pages, the simple answer is absolutely not. This one has been a not so pleasant experience, which has been no one but customs fault. IndyGunworks did a great job organizing this thing, however it has fallen apart on the manufacturers side. They state it is because of customs and we have no reason not to believe them.

et_aruba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    NWI
    OK. Thanks for the update. Sorry, I must have missed that. Speed reading is not my thing.
    Has anyone used the Sightmark Triple Duty Riflescope, 8.5-25x50? It has some decent reviews on OpticsPlanet and Amazon and decent price range.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    OK. Thanks for the update. Sorry, I must have missed that. Speed reading is not my thing.
    Has anyone used the Sightmark Triple Duty Riflescope, 8.5-25x50? It has some decent reviews on OpticsPlanet and Amazon and decent price range.

If you want in on this one, I bet that there will be people selling theirs as soon as they get them. There have been a couple of people sell theirs already, just check the earlier posts.

Oh, and get your post count up to 50 so that you can participate in the classifieds.

Last edited:

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If you read back a few pages, the simple answer is absolutely not. This one has been a not so pleasant experience, which has been no one but customs fault. IndyGunworks did a great job organizing this thing, however it has fallen apart on the manufacturers side. They state it is because of customs and we have no reason not to believe them.

I agree that IndyGunworks did a great job organizing, but it is far from only the customs agency's fault. This train wreck started down the hill long before customs ever got to add insult to injury. All of the blame lays squarely with Wotac and the initial mess up shipping our scopes to someone else, then making us wait while they get around to making more. Now customs is joining the party and delaying the order even more.

srv1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Need help in getting hold of Matt

Hey guys I just joined this site because I have searched on Google about Matt and trying to get a hold of him myself. I sent him my scope to get warrantied beginning of February and I have not heard from him. He did receive it since I had delivery confirmation. I did the usual phone and email just like everyone else. I called his number today and it said his mailbox was full and voice recording said a different number than the one I dialed. So anyone know how I can get a hold of him? I do not even have his real address just his P.O. box address. If someone could give it to me I would appreciate it. If I have to send him a message VIA snail mail, then that is what I will do. Sorry to crap up your thread but this is the most up to date posts I can find on the net.

Thanks, James

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Hey guys I just joined this site because I have searched on Google about Matt and trying to get a hold of him myself. I sent him my scope to get warrantied beginning of February and I have not heard from him. He did receive it since I had delivery confirmation. I did the usual phone and email just like everyone else. I called his number today and it said his mailbox was full and voice recording said a different number than the one I dialed. So anyone know how I can get a hold of him? I do not even have his real address just his P.O. box address. If someone could give it to me I would appreciate it. If I have to send him a message VIA snail mail, then that is what I will do. Sorry to crap up your thread but this is the most up to date posts I can find on the net.

Thanks, James

He can be a bit difficult to get ahold of at times. Just keep trying and he will answer. I normally call a few times a day when i want to get ahold of him, and it might take a few days, but i have NEVER NOT heard back from him. also try sending lots of emails.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I agree that IndyGunworks did a great job organizing, but it is far from only the customs agency's fault. This train wreck started down the hill long before customs ever got to add insult to injury. All of the blame lays squarely with Wotac and the initial mess up shipping our scopes to someone else, then making us wait while they get around to making more. Now customs is joining the party and delaying the order even more.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER. but that being said, i dont think we are too far off. If it were american customs we would have options, but they are stuck in chinese customs, so if someone could call china and ask them to release them, i would appreciate it.

et_aruba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    NWI
    PeaShooter,
    Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye on this thread and will read the previous pages a bit more thouroughly when time permits. Working on post count, but want them to have some value to the community or at least post legitimate inquiries (don't just want to post to post).
    Thanks again!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...if someone could call china and ask them to release them, i would appreciate it.

I went ahead and just sent a text to China (seriously, they never answer their phone.)

I told them chop chop, unass our stuff.

I expect prompt resolution... I'm kind of a big deal in China. ;)

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER. but that being said, i dont think we are too far off. If it were american customs we would have options, but they are stuck in chinese customs, so if someone could call china and ask them to release them, i would appreciate it.
    Wait, Chinese customs is holding them in Kentucky? I admit that I don't know much about international shipping, but that seems strange.

srv1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    He can be a bit difficult to get ahold of at times. Just keep trying and he will answer. I normally call a few times a day when i want to get ahold of him, and it might take a few days, but i have NEVER NOT heard back from him. also try sending lots of emails.

I do not know how many times I have to try but I will call again today. Hope you guys get your scopes or your money back because if you get the scopes and they are bad, just think how long you will have to wait to get a new one!

James

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom