• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The parts are currently being held by customs in Kentucky where ups has their main hub. I don't know why they held them, but I know the agent that did not clear it is not a gun fan, and figured out what the parts were for based off the company name. It's happened a few times but not been held like this before.
    They're telling me that the reason for the delay is that they requested additional paperwork from the company in china that manufacturers the part, and that they are closed from the 19th-31st for Chinese new year. I tried to contact the company directly along with a few other companies that we use for parts and accessories. But we are not able to get through to them, I'm assuming it's because of this Holliday for them there.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER. but that being said, i dont think we are too far off. If it were american customs we would have options, but they are stuck in chinese customs, so if someone could call china and ask them to release them, i would appreciate it.

So are the parts stuck in Chinese customs? or is American customs waiting on Chinese paperwork?

Has Wonder Optics changed their story to you, or was this a misstatement?:dunno:

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    If the parts are still in China, I'm over it. So many stories from the beginning.

I'll sell mine as soon as I receive it. If anybody wants one, you can have mine for what I have in it plus shipping.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Nick,
    I'm sorry that you did not hear from us on Friday. There was an accident in the shop and I shut it down because of the incident.
    The parts are currently being held by customs in Kentucky where ups has their main hub. I don't know why they held them, but I know the agent that did not clear it is not a gun fan, and figured out what the parts were for based off the company name...
    ...I assigned a guy named Jim to your acct. He is going to send you updates everyday, just to make sure that you are kept up to speed. I am going to be in KY for a few days this week. In hopes that I can put the parts in my truck when it's cleared, and bring them back personally. That way we are not waiting for a UPS truck.
    Thank you again for your business,
    Matt Wonders
    Wonders Optics, LLC

Chinese customs DOES NOT operate out of kentucky. How much BS are you going to accept from this Matt character as fact?!? If it is this difficult to get real info on a "paid in full" order, how smoothly do you think a demand for a refund is going to go??

You have accepted over $8,000 on a public forum for goods that have not been delivered. I think it's time to contact a lawyer and start pursuing this a little more aggressively. Matt's lip service is becoming increasingly transparent.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Chinese customs DOES NOT operate out of kentucky. How much BS are you going to accept from this Matt character as fact?!? If it is this difficult to get real info on a "paid in full" order, how smoothly do you think a demand for a refund is going to go??

You have accepted over $8,000 on a public forum for goods that have not been delivered. I think it's time to contact a lawyer and start pursuing this a little more aggressively. Matt's lip service is becoming increasingly transparent.

You paying? He might just start with asking for a refund before burning a bridge that doesn't need to be burned.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    my concern is if they are changing their story. If it was a misstatement on IGW's part, then it is not as bad as if they are coming up with a different story.

A different story from Wonder says to me that the company is in financial trouble and is using our money to finance their operations up to this point and have no ability to provide the product we paid for, so we will be left holding an empty bag when they go under. I have seen this before.

So the question stands, was the Chinese customs statement a misstatement? or has their story changed?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    my concern is if they are changing their story. If it was a misstatement on IGW's part, then it is not as bad as if they are coming up with a different story.

A different story from Wonder says to me that the company is in financial trouble and is using our money to finance their operations up to this point and have no ability to provide the product we paid for, so we will be left holding an empty bag when they go under. I have seen this before.

So the question stands, was the Chinese customs statement a misstatement? or has their story changed?

And that is a valid concern. If it were me, and Wonders Optics was changing their story, then I'd be asking for a refund because that's a bit shady on his part to try and just string us along without being honest.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i dont think we are being jacked around matt did call me from kentucky. he was there at the same time that this tracking info said the scoes would be there. we dont know why chinese customs has not released them yet but they ARE in the process of coming here. at one point it showed them arriving in kentucky but that was just the shipment being registered with cumstoms in kentucky.

here is an cut and paste of tracking info

Tracking Number: *************
    Type:Package
    Shipped To:GLENPOOL,OK,US
    Shipped/Billed On:02/03/2012
    Service:UPS Worldwide Express Saver®
    Weight:18.70 Kgs
    Multiple Packages:4
    Shipment Progress
    LocationDateLocal Time Activity
    Louisville,
    KY, United States
    02/10/2012 10:03 A.M. Registered with Clearing Agency / Shipment submitted to Clearing Agency
    Shanghai,
    China
    02/04/2012 8:32 P.M. Awaiting release from Clearance/Government Agency.
    Louisville,
    KY, United States
    02/03/2012 2:27 P.M. Registered with Clearing Agency / Shipment submitted to Clearing Agency
    Shanghai,
    China
    02/04/2012 1:14 A.M. This shipment is warehoused until it is released by Clearing Agency.
    02/04/2012 1:14 A.M. This shipment is warehoused until it is released by Clearing Agency. / Released by Clearing Agency. Now in-transit for delivery.
    Louisville,
    KY, United States
    02/03/2012 10:46 A.M. Registered with Clearing Agency / Shipment submitted to Clearing Agency
    Wuhan,
    China
    02/03/2012 9:28 P.M. Departure Scan
    02/03/2012 9:14 P.M. Origin Scan
    China
    02/03/2012 3:35 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    I don't see how Wonder Optics could possibly make any money and stay in business considering they can't even fill our little order.
    I was thinking that just today. Are they seriously not producing any scopes at all right now for lack of parts? If so, we have to be the least of their worries - just keeping the lights on for four months with no income has to hurt.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    The parts they were waiting on from customs were delivered last night at 4 pm. They are assembling them now, and Matt said the first 15-20 should ship today or tomorrow (i asked for tracking number and signature confirmation). The second part of the order should ship a day or two later.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom