IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    He BCCed or CCed me as well.

Adam,
    The scopes delay has been caused by one of the companies that we use for parts for the internal structure of the scope. I know that the delay has been long, but we did not want to send you guys the wrong parts, or parts that we know would be defective. I am actually currently on the phone with our company overseas, along with about 2 other companies trying to get everything straight. I am sure now that we will be able to get the scopes to you with in 1.5 weeks. We now have another company with the schematics that we currently use on the 4-14 models, and we have two companies working on them trying to get things done. I apologize for the inconvenience of the back order, and assure you that there is no foul play, just un foreseen issues between our companies overseas and here, but I have been working with all companies all day, and I believe that we have everything settled. If we don't, then we have another company that is very eager to work with us.
    I again apologize for the inconvenience, and assure you that we will get everything straight.
    I copied this message to Nick, just to make sure that everyone is on the same page.
    Thank you guys again for your business,
    Matt Wonders
    Wonders Optics, LLC

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Im still in. I dont have anything to put it on yet, so Im in no hurry, but I can definitely sympathize with the guys who do have something waiting.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I would rather have my money refunded. This Matt guy is being awfully shady. How long ago were we supposed to have these scopes? This is ridiculous. One excuse after another.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    the original date from the 1st or 2nd post in this thread was 3 months from 08-23-11 for the money to be due. That would be the very end of the hear, and right now we are only 2 weeks past that.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Maybe a three week deadline? two?

I'll go along with whatever the majority wants to do.

Refunds are fine with me.....

But, I would also be willing to wait until the end of January at the most if we go thru with it.

Any future warranty work also has me worried too, if the dude is having this hard of a time selling us new scopes, how long is it going to take to do warranty work? Or, will this company even be around this time next year?

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    I'm content to wait a bit longer, so long as the finished product is worth it. Now, I don't have any major hunting trips depending on the scope, and given the time of year I'm doing mostly pistol shooting anyway so my opinion may be a little different from the rest.

I can absolutely understand supply chain issues, and this is not an insignificant order for a small shop. 31 additional scope orders coming in all at once has to be more than they were expecting in the time period.

That said, Matt Wonders should definitely be keeping you up to date better. Plus, he messed up the original shipment and sent it to someone else - which was completely on him.

All that to say: I'll wait another month or two if necessary, but I hope that Wonders Optics delivers ASAP and it wouldn't be amiss for them to offer a little something extra too.

bigworm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    hobart
    if you guys would of googled them you would of known they are slow but anyways if anyone really does want a refund i will take it because i got screwed because the date was set back so early

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    if you guys would of googled them you would of known they are slow but anyways if anyone really does want a refund i will take it because i got screwed because the date was set back so early
    I want a refund. I'm tired of this waiting game. You can step in my place if that is ok with Nick. PM me if interested.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I want a refund. I'm tired of this waiting game. You can step in my place if that is ok with Nick. PM me if interested.

Ill swap you two out provided i get a PM from you saying you have recieved money from bigworm. once i get that pm, i will get bigworms information.

I dont want to start the bandwagon of refunds prematurely. Lets at least give it a few more weeks. we have waited this long a couple more weeks isnt going to kill anyone. and i still have two rifles that have been waiting on these scopes for almost 5 months now. (why i put the group buy together in the first place.)

Kcustom45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I'm content to wait a bit longer, so long as the finished product is worth it. Now, I don't have any major hunting trips depending on the scope, and given the time of year I'm doing mostly pistol shooting anyway so my opinion may be a little different from the rest.

I can absolutely understand supply chain issues, and this is not an insignificant order for a small shop. 31 additional scope orders coming in all at once has to be more than they were expecting in the time period.

That said, Matt Wonders should definitely be keeping you up to date better. Plus, he messed up the original shipment and sent it to someone else - which was completely on him.

All that to say: I'll wait another month or two if necessary, but I hope that Wonders Optics delivers ASAP and it wouldn't be amiss for them to offer a little something extra too.

I am in a similar position. I haven't picked up anything to mount it on yet, so I can wait awhile longer.

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    I'll go along with whatever the majority wants to do.

Refunds are fine with me.....

But, I would also be willing to wait until the end of January at the most if we go thru with it.

Any future warranty work also has me worried too, if the dude is having this hard of a time selling us new scopes, how long is it going to take to do warranty work? Or, will this company even be around this time next year?

I am worried about this as well. I think i will go a different route. While this could be a perfectly good scope and one that I never have to mess with I will give it up to get a vortex.

If someone wants to take my place I will let them, otherwise, I will more than likely sell it when it comes in.

Thank you Nick for putting this together, just wish that Matt would have been better on his part.

slowmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indy area
    I am worried about this as well. I think i will go a different route. While this could be a perfectly good scope and one that I never have to mess with I will give it up to get a vortex.

If someone wants to take my place I will let them, otherwise, I will more than likely sell it when it comes in.

Thank you Nick for putting this together, just wish that Matt would have been better on his part.

I didn't see this GB until after it was too late. I would be willing to step into your spot. Let me know. I can send you the money via paypal or send you a check, whichever you prefer. Have you paid to have it shipped? I live in the Indy area so i could probably pick it up if not.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom