• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Whos whining again?

I'm not whining at all. I'm actually laughing at all the altruistic "conservatives" daily reminding me why I no longer vote republican. If the so called conservatives here are representative of the Republican Party, I'd just as well vote democrat because I'd get the same things.

Enthusiast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    If he is a Walmart employee we should give our condolances. He will never get rich on the scheme but is only seizing a rare opportunity bring in a few extra bucks from an otherwise "working poor" type of gig.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    If he is a Walmart employee we should give our condolances. He will never get rich on the scheme but is only seizing a rare opportunity bring in a few extra bucks from an otherwise "working poor" type of gig.

The above is the no **** truth. I know that walmart used to really frown on this type of behavior and the people doing it are likely to lose their jobs if caught.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    For those just joining the thread and skipping ahead, the questions are:

Is it cool to camp an epic mob and farm it for cash?
    Is it okay to ninja loot?

Old gamer terms to put a slightly different spin on it but I think that is close.

Combsie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Spencerville,IN
    For those just joining the thread and skipping ahead, the questions are:

Is it cool to camp an epic mob and farm it for cash?
    Is it okay to ninja loot?

Old gamer terms to put a slightly different spin on it but I think that is close.

Precisely, I know. I have a PhD in Bull****terie(it's French), trust me It's legit. :D

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    Wow there's a whole lotta
    ButtHurt-1_zpsa488450a.jpg
    In this thread.

You wanna stop the so called shortages? Stop buying everything that isn't nailed down. It's that simple. Unfortunately we gun people cannot work together on anything.

junior438

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    redkey
    know of people who are buying ammo, and jacking the prices. i asked why they tell me that some will pay outrageous prices just to ensure they have the ammo they need.

Georgia A Hines

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    You know gouging someone to me is when you sell or trade something to someone and you portray it as better than what it really is and they take you for your word, and your word was less than honorable, then you gouged them.
    If I met a man carrying a ladder and I had a basket of eggs and the man said "I will trade you this ladder for your basket of eggs and I really needed the ladder, I would agree. He really needed the eggs and I needed the ladder. We both would have gained and were OK with it. My eggs was worth that ladder to him. Fair trade.
    You pay what you are willing to give, you pay more than that ,it is a choice you make.
    Walmart is never going to hav ammo. Employs have to shelve it with one hand and remove with the other, As long as they buy it, you will not. UNLESS you are willing to pay their price for their goods. They are not gouging, they are allowing you to be foolish.

Combsie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Spencerville,IN
    You know gouging someone to me is when you sell or trade something to someone and you portray it as better than what it really is and they take you for your word, and your word was less than honorable, then you gouged them.
    If I met a man carrying a ladder and I had a basket of eggs and the man said "I will trade you this ladder for your basket of eggs and I really needed the ladder, I would agree. He really needed the eggs and I needed the ladder. We both would have gained and were OK with it. My eggs was worth that ladder to him. Fair trade.
    You pay what you are willing to give, you pay more than that ,it is a choice you make.
    Walmart is never going to hav ammo. Employs have to shelve it with one hand and remove with the other, As long as they buy it, you will not. UNLESS you are willing to pay their price for their goods. They are not gouging, they are allowing you to be foolish.

Whoa!! Easy there Georgia.
    I can't tell but I think that all the guy's/gals(Georgia?) that post the whole "capitolism at it's finest" rants are the ones on Armslist asking $80 for their $20 box of .22's.:horse:

:D

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon

Seriously? Do you have any idea the morality you are flying in the face of? Your saying, in principle, its ok to break the rules if you dont make much money...

CMON...

If you want to price gouge... Thats fine, its legal, but dont be surprised if any decent person loses respect for you in the process, and they certainly have the right to complain about it. Just as you have a right to complain about them complaining about it.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I think a lot of the people who are crying about the "gougers" out there probably are way short of the amount of ammo or the particular kind of firearm they want. Next time look ahead a little. As someone said on one of these thread topics earlier he got the message 5 years ago when BHO was elected the first time. When it happened again that was a double no brainer. Anybody who is paying attention to politics and stays in tune with the news knows that gunners have a lot of enemies ready to pounce. They should also know that mass shootings are going to happen in the future. Put them together and ..... DUH. What do you think is going to happen?!?

Do something smart now instead of waiting for the next massacre-fueled panic. Do you think that semi-auto rifles, pistols and shotguns may some day be outlawed? If so get your butt to your LGS and start shopping for bolt guns, slide actions and revolvers. Stock up on revolver ammo when it starts coming available again and be ready. And best of all, in the future you too can be a gouger!!:pimp:

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    I think a lot of the people who are crying about the "gougers" out there probably are way short of the amount of ammo or the particular kind of firearm they want. Next time look ahead a little. As someone said on one of these thread topics earlier he got the message 5 years ago when BHO was elected the first time. When it happened again that was a double no brainer. Anybody who is paying attention to politics and stays in tune with the news knows that gunners have a lot of enemies ready to pounce. They should also know that mass shootings are going to happen in the future. Put them together and ..... DUH. What do you think is going to happen?!?

Do something smart now instead of waiting for the next massacre-fueled panic. Do you think that semi-auto rifles, pistols and shotguns may some day be outlawed? If so get your butt to your LGS and start shopping for bolt guns, slide actions and revolvers. Stock up on revolver ammo when it starts coming available again and be ready. And best of all, in the future you too can be a gouger!!:pimp:

While I complain about the gougers and have little to no respect for them, I have way more than I need for the rest of my foreseeable life, and I hope to live for quite a few more fairly years to come. This is both rim fire and center fire ammo and components.

So yes I have prepared myself years ago with plenty of stock, way back before the big O was only an Ill. Senator, and working as a community organizer.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    A lot of you claim people are price gouging. If I offer a product for x amount of money, and someone is willing to pay x amount of money. That's on them, not me. Obviously they are happy about it, or they would not be willing to pay. Really, how hard is that to understand? It's not rocket science. It is supply and demand. I have something you want, and you are willing to pay what I'm asking. I saw a posting on Armslist for a bulk pack of AE223. The seller is asking $100, so $1 per round. The sad part is, someone will buy it. That's on them, and I feel no sympathy for them. I guess that's very difficult for some to comprehend. Maybe some do not understand simple economics. I'll say it again, it's people that are willing to pay $1 per round of .223, that are doing nothing but enabling sellers. Yet, no one wants to blame them. I find that amusing.

Who here has paid $1 a round for .223 recently? Or paid $40 for a P-MAG?

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    A lot of you claim people are price gouging. If I offer a product for x amount of money, and someone is willing to pay x amount of money. That's on them, not me. Obviously they are happy about it, or they would not be willing to pay. Really, how hard is that to understand? It's not rocket science. It is supply and demand. I have something you want, and you are willing to pay what I'm asking. I saw a posting on Armslist for a bulk pack of AE223. The seller is asking $100, so $1 per round. The sad part is, someone will buy it. That's on them, and I feel no sympathy for them. I guess that's very difficult for some to comprehend. Maybe some do not understand simple economics. I'll say it again, it's people that are willing to pay $1 per round of .223, that are doing nothing but enabling sellers. Yet, no one wants to blame them. I find that amusing.

Who here has paid $1 a round for .223 recently? Or paid $40 for a P-MAG?

Refer back to my post #68.

Ah Heck, I'll repost it here then you won't need to struggle to find it.

Sure is, and thats why we are in such bad shape buying all this stuff from china.

As P. T. Bsrnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute".

And no suckers & fools are not hard to comprehend, not at all.:laugh:

Top Bottom