• ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Who is the sucker?
    We poor Hillbillies living in Southern Indiana have to keep an eye on the New Madrid Fault. If it lets go in our life time as it did in 1811-1812 (Mississippi River flowing backwards for a while, church bells ringing in Boston, Reelfoot lake being formed) and we survive then $1/rnd 223 will be cheap.

The buyer gets to decide the price, not the seller. If you've just scored that $2,000 AR you should have bought a year ago and don't have any "shells" then you need to pay whatever the price for at least a small quantity till things loosen up. The thug trying to get into what's left of your house for your food won't know if that round coming at him cost you $1 or 50 cents. In fact he might even feel special if he's shot by an expensive round!;)

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    As someone else up-thread mentioned the only solution to this situation is a societal one... it is people driving the price up. there is no way to fix that unless you fix the people. I just watched Atlas Shrugged Part 2 last night, and I'll deal with inflated prices for awhile to avoid government control of everything.

Oh, and to everyone whining about being fair, grow up, no one ever guaranteed anything to be fair!

I think most of us are grown up. And I'm fine with life not being fair. I will remember the 5 or 6 LGS that jacked the prices way up and perpetuated this mess. And I will not visit them ever again. Not fair? Grow up, life isnt fair. I will not feel bad when in six months or a year people are taking a bath on things they bought during the self created crisis. Not fair? Grow up, life isn't fair.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    We poor Hillbillies living in Southern Indiana have to keep an eye on the New Madrid Fault. If it lets go in our life time as it did in 1811-1812 (Mississippi River flowing backwards for a while, church bells ringing in Boston, Reelfoot lake being formed) and we survive then $1/rnd 223 will be cheap.

The buyer gets to decide the price, not the seller. If you've just scored that $2,000 AR you should have bought a year ago and don't have any "shells" then you need to pay whatever the price for at least a small quantity till things loosen up. The thug trying to get into what's left of your house for your food won't know if that round coming at him cost you $1 or 50 cents. In fact he might even feel special if he's shot by an expensive round!;)

Sorry but that is simply incorrect. The seller sets a PROPOSED price. It is the buyer that decides if it is a price he is willing to pay or not. If the buyer doesn't make that decision there is NO SALE. That's just how the free market works.

AR prices have been dropping rapidly in the last couple of weeks so all the buyer has to do is wait. What has been happening is simply that buyers have let THEMSELVES get in a panic and make poor choices in the free market place.

With the exception of a monopoly situation it is the buyers option to decide if a price is fair or not. There has been a tight market, but no monopoly. :twocents:

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    There has been a tight market, but no monopoly. :twocents:

I suppose, but there also has been alot of A$$ holes who think they are businessmen, and aren't.

Odd how Cheaper than Dirt is ridiculed but when an individual does it, Oh well its free enterprise. Can't have it both ways folks.

Last edited:

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I think of this like ticket scalping, if its done with 10% of the available tickets, alot of people make money, and not many people are bothered.

What happening now is the resellers are buying nearly ALL the tickets, driving the price to go to the show, way up...

The people who scalp tickets do so based on how bad they think the ticket buyers want to go to the show, and thus will overpay. When they find a show that they know people will pay for, they buy all the tickets first, and then resell them at the price they want, thus rendering the price decided by the show staff, and the ticket box office irrelevant.

Sure its legal, But it IS NOT right... You can call it capitalism all you want, as long as it helps you sleep at night.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think of this like ticket scalping, if its done with 10% of the available tickets, alot of people make money, and not many people are bothered.

What happening now is the resellers are buying nearly ALL the tickets, driving the price to go to the show, way up...

The people who scalp tickets do so based on how bad they think the ticket buyers want to go to the show, and thus will overpay. When they find a show that they know people will pay for, they buy all the tickets first, and then resell them at the price they want, thus rendering the price decided by the show staff, and the ticket box office irrelevant.

Sure its legal, But it IS NOT right... You can call it capitalism all you want, as long as it helps you sleep at night.

We have a right to go the show now too?

Oresti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    I'm shopping for 30/06 ammo and CTD is cheaper than everyone else so far. Plus they have it in stock.

Top Bottom