• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I'm not really concerned about that. It was a long time ago and I don't even know if I could find it. I did have some opportunities to use it and simply chose not to so my loss, not yours.

I would like to encourage you to reconsider your pricing for an extra person in a lane. I'm sure its understood that only one person would be actually shooting at a time and only one additional person per lane should be allowed. Like I said, I'm still glad its re-opening regardless, but even PopGuns only charges an extra 5 bucks for a second person in a lane. :twocents:

Having thought about this overnight, I think you're exactly right. Revised pricing:

Full season pass: $120
    Ten-visit pass: $75
    Single all-day pass: $25
    Single all-day pass (2 persons on lane): $40
    One hour pass: $15
    One hour pass (two persons on lane): $20

Thanks for your input!

Guy

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Having thought about this overnight, I think you're exactly right. Revised pricing:

Full season pass: $120
    Ten-visit pass: $75
    Single all-day pass: $25
    Single all-day pass (2 persons on lane): $40
    One hour pass: $15
    One hour pass (two persons on lane): $20

Thanks for your input!

Guy

That's awesome! Thanks!

I don't mean to be a PITA or try to make things complicated but given the revisions, I'm sure this will come up. What if a person has a full season pass or a 10 visit pass and brings an extra person?

I know...now I'm just being difficult. Sorry. :D

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    That's awesome! Thanks!

I don't mean to be a PITA or try to make things complicated but given the revisions, I'm sure this will come up. What if a person has a full season pass or a 10 visit pass and brings an extra person?

I know...now I'm just being difficult. Sorry. :D

Not at all! Because the season passes and ten-day passes are so significantly discounted, the second person would need to pay the full single day range fee - or hourly fee - whichever they prefer. (Gotta draw the line somewhere.) ;)

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    If I can get all the mods and accessories done on the new shooter I just bought, next weekend looks like a great opportunity to get it sighted in!

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    If I can get all the mods and accessories done on the new shooter I just bought, next weekend looks like a great opportunity to get it sighted in!

Sounds great! Don't know what kind of new shooter you've got, but just as a reminder - we are a "pistol, pistol caliber and shotgun" range only.

Hope to see you next weekend!

Guy

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Sounds great! Don't know what kind of new shooter you've got, but just as a reminder - we are a "pistol, pistol caliber and shotgun" range only.

Hope to see you next weekend!

Guy

I wanted something tactical looking, accurate, and fun to shoot. And I wanted to be able to shoot all day without going broke. So I sought out a good deal on a Ruger SR-22R.

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    EXCELLENT..... Pops is a little more of a drive for me and I refuse to give Don's any of my money. ECPR is 10 minutes from the house and I've always enjoyed shooting outside better anyhow. I look forward to patronizing your facility soon.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Not at all! Because the season passes and ten-day passes are so significantly discounted, the second person would need to pay the full single day range fee - or hourly fee - whichever they prefer. (Gotta draw the line somewhere.) ;)

By the way, I am reminded that friends and family can share a ten-visit pass. So if you have a pass, and you bring a buddy, you have the option of just having us punch your pass twice and your buddy wouldn't owe anything.
    (Thanks, Wolfman!)

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    It is $25 per shooter (as opposed to per lane), since that amount is good for all day. We may have to look at a discount for shared lanes, however.

One thing I know we are going to add: we are going to offer the choice of one hour of shooting for $15. I'm sure a lot of folks just want to show up, shoot a couple boxes of ammo, then go on about their day. It doesn't seem fair to charge them the entire $25. James (who has been an RO out there for a while) suggested that option and I think it's a great deal.

Even better: shoot all day for $10 at our "Grand Reopening" on June 11!

Guy

I think a discounted rate for sharing a lane is a great idea. MANY ranges do this, and I think you will find that such a discount would help offset the "sticker shock" of the $25 cost and bring you more business. Think about a couple that wants to shoot together but has to pay $50(!) for both of them to shoot. Many would just skip it or go elsewhere, but might change their mind at a discounted "lane" rate.

Honestly, 2 people or 1, it's still just one lane, right? Personally, I think the City raised the prices TOO high as it is(especially in this economy), and I think charging $25 for 1 or 2 people, THEN an additional $5 or $10 for a 3rd, would be more than fair.

If the pricing had been more fair, I might have not joined MCFG and stayed with ECPR.
    Just think, it's $100 a year for MCFG and I can shoot every day, or $120 a year for ECPR... for weekends only...
    From a business standpoint, that doesnt make much sense..

Just my :twocents:

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I think a discounted rate for sharing a lane is a great idea. MANY ranges do this, and I think you will find that such a discount would help offset the "sticker shock" of the $25 cost and bring you more business. Think about a couple that wants to shoot together but has to pay $50(!) for both of them to shoot. Many would just skip it or go elsewhere, but might change their mind at a discounted "lane" rate.

Honestly, 2 people or 1, it's still just one lane, right? Personally, I think the City raised the prices TOO high as it is(especially in this economy), and I think charging $25 for 1 or 2 people, THEN an additional $5 or $10 for a 3rd, would be more than fair.

If the pricing had been more fair, I might have not joined MCFG and stayed with ECPR.
    Just think, it's $100 a year for MCFG and I can shoot every day, or $120 a year for ECPR... for weekends only...
    From a business standpoint, that doesnt make much sense..

Just my :twocents:

You're missing our other pricing options. For example, the couple that you mention can share a ten-visit pass for only $75, and visit ECPR five times together for only $$15 a visit - for all-day shooting. Compare that to $20/hour at Pop Guns.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I think what people really want to know is:

1. Will Jeff Cooper impersonations still be allowed during cease fires?

2. Will we still be able to do galloping horse hooves sound effects on our chest rigs (for our Smith MP15/22s)?

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I think what people really want to know is:

1. Will Jeff Cooper impersonations still be allowed during cease fires?

2. Will we still be able to do galloping horse hooves sound effects on our chest rigs (for our Smith MP15/22s)?
    I think I'm going to have to experience these things in person before I can pass judgment!;)

SRR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Commiefornia
    I plan to be there on the 11th. I'll be taking my wife and two brothers. It's been awhile since I've been to the range. My wife has never been to the range, so we will need some pointers, and explanations on the rules. I live 5 minutes away from ECPR, so I will be a regular.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    You're missing our other pricing options. For example, the couple that you mention can share a ten-visit pass for only $75, and visit ECPR five times together for only $$15 a visit - for all-day shooting. Compare that to $20/hour at Pop Guns.

No, I saw the other options...

You're missing the direct point I made about the yearly cost :D
    (nice deflection Counselor, lol)

$120/year for approx 104 potential shooting days @ ECPR
    vs
    $100/year for approx 365 potential shooting days @ MCFG

See my point? :dunno:

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Roadie said:
    See my point?
    Sure, but that difference is easily made up by the charming staff at ECPR. :): Seriously, most shooters that I know are willing to pay a bit more to shoot at a fully supervised range - which has a trained staff in place to keep an eye on the person next to you and enforce all safety protocols. That has significant value to most folks I know, and separates ECPR from the "self-supervised" ranges.

In terms of cost per day - how many people are really going to shoot more often than every weekend, much less every day? Even if someone (presumably a very avid reloader) could shoot that often, what your ratio shows is that both ranges are great values - you can shoot every day that either range is open for $0.27 a visit at MCF&G, or $1.15 at ECPR - you couldn't buy a Coke out of a vending machine with the difference, and that 88 cents is more than justified by the staff in place at ECPR.

But, just for the sake of discussion, let's say you're not going to shoot 365 days at MCF&G. Let's say you're only going to shoot about 50 times a year at either range. Now you're talking about a difference of $0.40 a visit. I don't mean to diminish the value of forty cents, but I don't think that should be a determining factor.

So it really comes down to where you'd like to shoot. I like shooting at MCF&G myself, and it's nice to have the ability to shoot during the week - to your point. But it's also great to have other options, particularly ranges that are fully supervised, and I think a lot of folks are going to enjoy returning to ECPR on weekends - for both the public range and the many sophisticated training opportunities that we provide.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom