• ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    ^^THIS^

REALLY! What crime is any agencies commiting. As far as random searches etc there were non until the main manhunt started 3 days later. When there is an attack with 2 bombs killing 3 injuring 179 plus 2 suspects then when closing in another act of violence Thats a pretty good example of resonable suspision which is legal. This is much different than a normal workday with nothing bad going on.

Also you might want to recheck your stats becuase although down some there is still a large percentage of Federal and state LE personnel that served in the US Military.
    As long as the residents agreed to the searches, none.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Depends on the budget of the city and what they can afford. Shutting down the entire city over one man was entirely inappropriate and insanely expensive. That's a lot of commerce pissed away.

For some perspective, recall that dozens of people are shot to death in Chicago every weekend. Should that be reason to shut down the city to apprehend all the offenders?
    I'm just trying to figure out how you can know it's over the line if you don't know where the line is.

You can't measure a terrorist's victory or defeat on his physical survival. Particularly when they are suicide bombers! All of these criminals could be caught or killed and it wouldn't change the outcome of their presumed mission.
    Who said anything about survival?

The definition of terrorism involves coercion, especially for political gain. So, look at what they have coerced America to do. The reaction to terrorism is worse than the terrorism itself. If America loses its freedom, destroys the constitution, and becomes a police state, then there is absolutely no way that we should pat ourselves on the back and call ourselves winners.
    What they have "coerced" Americans to do may or may not be what they wanted. I don't think they give a rats ass about the growing police state, loss of freedoms, or any of your pet agendas. I can't recall any of their rantings to include hopes and dreams that we will find ourselves slaves to the .gov. On the other hand, I am quite positive I have read many times where they wish us dead. If there is any coercive motivation in their actions, my money is on conversion. I just don't buy the line that they are overly concerned with our freedoms. Particularly since they bomb others who have far less than we do and have nothing really to gain on that front.

A failed terrorist is one who fails to cause a coerced political reaction.
    so dead bodies don't count for anything? If it weren't so pathetic, it would be laughable.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    with a person, persons, or group running around, actively killing innocent americans, it's good to know somebody cares about the bottom line

Destro. My heart goes out to the people who died and are wounded.
    But shall we over-defend ourselves into bankruptcy? It is you who are cold. What's your deal man? Do you get your fat checks from the govt?

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Careful now, the mods here share the same feelings and protect him.

I've only had the pleasure of meeting one of the site's mods and I've read many of the posts by several of the others in my time here...I think you're quite wrong, in such a generalization.:twocents:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just out of curiosity, exactly what freedoms have been infringed on? I haven't seen any specifics, only assumptions, and complaints about LEOs dressed in off the rack camo, driving humvees, and carrying scary black guns...
    ...and oddly enough, the people complaining, aren't in Boston.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Just out of curiosity, exactly what freedoms have been infringed on? I haven't seen any specifics, only assumptions, and complaints about LEOs dressed in off the rack camo, driving humvees, and carrying scary black guns...

good luck getting an answer

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Since we have so many EXPERTS on here on how this situation should be handled I will field the obvious question, "How would you have handled this?" Knowing a second terrorist, possibly wearing explosives, is lose in a city, what would have done? How many here have actually tracked suspects in a urban environment? So, since we are concerned about costs, where is the line drawn? What they did worked well...VERY well. So well that the suspect was caught alive and no one else was hurt.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Since we have so many EXPERTS on here on how this situation should be handled I will field the obvious question, "How would you have handled this?" Knowing a second terrorist, possibly wearing explosives, is lose in a city, what would have done? How many here have actually tracked suspects in a urban environment? So, since we are concerned about costs, where is the line drawn? What they did worked well...VERY well. So well that the suspect was caught alive and no one else was hurt.

Let the free market work it out

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Careful now, the mods here share the same feelings and protect him.
    This is like me saying that the mods share the same feelings as you and protect you because you have been allowed to continue stirring the pot and to cast aspersions about the majority of the members here.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

Well, people being told not to leave their houses. Police searching houses, cars, persons, etc. Those are just the ones that the media has reported on.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Well, people being told not to leave their houses. Police searching houses, cars, persons, etc. Those are just the ones that the media has reported on.

Serious question: are these mandatory evacs? Are the people facing prosecution for refusal? Are LEOs searching without permission? None of the stories seem to include these relevant details. I'm not gonna go apoplectic about searches that were done with consent. I might bemoan the given of consent, but not the searches.

Show where the searches and evacs are mandatory, without due process, and married to prosecutorial consequences for the populace, and then, and only then, will I hop in your wagon for a ride.

Top Bottom