• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I have been trying to keep up on this thread and FB. I have not seen a definitive answer to my question. When are we supposed to take down the blue lights and change avatars? I ask because I would like to offer something to think about.

As a Society why do we only show support after tragedy strikes? I have seen it with 9/11 and other times when tragedy hits close to home. I believe our Military and First Responders deserve our appreciation and support every day. I know after a short amount of time the gestures become ignored. What about setting aside a few days every week or a few days every month and continue to show support? Or keep the State painted blue ( and red and white) until it is safe for our people to walk down the street? ( wishful thinking I know)

BTW I am proud to be a member of the forum where this seems to have began. Great job!

Last edited:

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I have been trying to keep up on this thread and FB. I have not seen a definitive answer to my question. When are we supposed to take down the blue lights and change avatars? I ask because I would like to offer something to think about.

As a Society why do we only show support after tragedy strikes? I have seen it with 9/11 and other times when tragedy hits close to home. I believe our Military and First Responders deserve our appreciation and support every day. I know after a short amount of time the gestures become ignored. What about setting aside a few days every week or a few days every month and continue to show support? Or keep the State painted blue ( and red and white) until it is safe for our people to walk down the street? ( wishful thinking I know)

I agree. There's no reason to take these blue lights down. These men and women deserve our support and show of unity all the time, not only in times of grief.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Anyone have a good spot in mind to line the route? Somewhere where parking wouldn't be an issue?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

BTW I am proud to be a member of the forum where this seems to have began. Great job!
    I knew when I first put my blue Christmas lights up (before Chezuki got me a bulb) that mine would be staying up till it burns out. This is not only a message of support to our public servants but it is a declaration to the criminals in our city that we have come together as one to end the violence.

Emptora

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    USA
    2 Meijer Locations in Indianapolis are giving out free lightbulbs while supplies last. Pike Plaza Meijer and Southport Rd. Meijer.

Top Bottom