• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Maybe some of us realize how futile an enterprise it is to dissuade people - however deranged or mentally-ill they may be - who have built their entire lives around this mythical concept of the all-powerful invisible eternal man in the sky who stands ready to punish or reward... people who, for the most part, TRULY believe in that sort of insanity and in a less civilized age would be more than willing to kill those who don't indulge in their satisfying and contra-indicated delusions.

I'm not willing to deal with the onslaught of 'well-wishers' and soul-savers telling me that I'm surely resigned to an eternal high-temp cook-out simply because I don't share their deluded worldview and have, in not sharing their delusions, angered the mythical and petulant object of their desiring and fearful hallucination.

As I understand my life to be the only one I'll ever get in the history of time, I feel that I've a few better things to do than to try to reason or debate with anyone who refuses to take into consideration a different worldview, one without their precious delusion, for fear of de-stabilizing their own sense of self-identity or for whatever reason that they choose to ignore the world around them and to ascribe the beauty and mystery of nature to some incompetent, rageful, jealous deity. Life's too short by a far mile to spend my time doing that. So, yeah, when it comes to a losing proposition as you're proposing, I'm thinking that some people can understand the futility of such a proposition.

Don't poke the hornets. Let them build their hive and die out, but in the meanwhile, live side by side with them neither stinging nor being stung. In the end, one set shall surely stand vindicated.

Wow. I wish I could type words to sound like that.

I'm out of rep for the day, but you would get it all.

I am not trying to change anyones mind about their beliefs. Merely wondering why one instance is allowed, and one is not on this forum. I understand Fenway makes the rules, but that doesn't mean I can't question them. After all, many around here would agree to challenge authority. Others are only conformists.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I am enjoying all of the personal attacks from the folks who claim to be Christians.

So typical of them. That is exactly why I got out of it.

Darth Vader is Lord

There were Lords in the medieval times.

Wiki on the term Lord

Just say the word over and over out loud and listen to what a dumb sound it makes.

Still waiting on your reply about your comment about how gun owners get some things wrong.

Your a good aclu rep. You just refuse to awnser a question if it doesnt suit your agenda.

LCPer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am not trying to change anyones mind about their beliefs. Merely wondering why one instance is allowed, and one is not on this forum. I understand Fenway makes the rules, but that doesn't mean I can't question them. After all, many around here would agree to challenge authority. Others are only conformists.

Seems like when any of the so call non-believers state something contrary to what believers in God state it generally sounds like a slap in the face. If a believer makes a statement of belief it is construed as a personal attack by those that do not share that belief? I personally wish all would come to Christ, but I know that will never happen.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Fenway is always watching:

MorganFreeman.jpg

:evilangel:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Maybe some of us realize how futile an enterprise it is to dissuade people - however deranged or mentally-ill they may be - who have built their entire lives around this mythical concept of the all-powerful invisible eternal man in the sky who stands ready to punish or reward... people who, for the most part, TRULY believe in that sort of insanity and in a less civilized age would be more than willing to kill those who don't indulge in their satisfying and contra-indicated delusions.

I'm not willing to deal with the onslaught of 'well-wishers' and soul-savers telling me that I'm surely resigned to an eternal high-temp cook-out simply because I don't share their deluded worldview and have, in not sharing their delusions, angered the mythical and petulant object of their desiring and fearful hallucination.

As I understand my life to be the only one I'll ever get in the history of time, I feel that I've a few better things to do than to try to reason or debate with anyone who refuses to take into consideration a different worldview, one without their precious delusion, for fear of de-stabilizing their own sense of self-identity or for whatever reason that they choose to ignore the world around them and to ascribe the beauty and mystery of nature to some incompetent, rageful, jealous deity. Life's too short by a far mile to spend my time doing that. So, yeah, when it comes to a losing proposition as you're proposing, I'm thinking that some people can understand the futility of such a proposition.

Don't poke the hornets. Let them build their hive and die out, but in the meanwhile, live side by side with them neither stinging nor being stung. In the end, one set shall surely stand vindicated.

FAIL....

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    For reference's sake, the words in our cuss filter at present are:

Hope this helps people to avoid them.

:lmfao:

Status