• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Interesting that you say that. AI use, current and future, is a major sticking point in negotiations.
    I’m serious. Fire actors, use AI. It is all pretend anyway. Make good stories, compelling story lines and quit paying people huge salaries to pretend to be someone they are not. The working stiffs could still work, but we would rid ourselves of self important “celebrities” to lecture us.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is a perfect examp,e of where AI would be great. Hell most movies now days use a tremendous amount of CGI anyway. Fire actors, use AI, come up with actual good stories, instead of unrealistic and obviously fake special effects
    Ironically AI is the primary issue related to the strikes. The writers were striking because the studios were using the work they previously created to have AI produce new work without compensation for the foundational work being used.

One of the actors big issues was AI and CGI, as an example the studio pays an actor a few hundred to be an extra in a movie or show, the studios were using those images to digitally place that actor in other movies or shows, again with little or no compensation.

I have no love for most actors but the vast majority are not millionaire actors but just struggling low paid temp workers. Next time any of you watch a movie count the actors on the film that are not big stars. Obviously it varies as a movie like Castaway has few but many have hundreds, particularly if there are crowd scenes…

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Ironically AI is the primary issue related to the strikes. The writers were striking because the studios were using the work they previously created to have AI produce new work without compensation for the foundational work being used.

One of the actors big issues was AI and CGI, as an example the studio pays an actor a few hundred to be an extra in a movie or show, the studios were using those images to digitally place that actor in other movies or shows, again with little or no compensation.

I have no love for most actors but the vast majority are not millionaire actors but just struggling low paid temp workers. Next time any of you watch a movie count the actors on the film that are not big stars. Obviously it varies as a movie like Castaway has few but many have hundreds, particularly if there are crowd scenes…
    This is exactly what my daughter tells me. The big names could never work another day in their lives, and still be obscenely comfortable financially for the rest of their lives, plus several generations after. The little guys, bit players, etc. would starve. I get it. But nothing will ever convince me that having union after union create uncrossable barriers is a good thing. **** unions.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah I get it. I don’t care. This is an example of where we don’t need actors at all, high paid or extras. maybe they can learn to code…..
    While we're at it, let's stop paying professional athletes. Not just those in the high level leagues, but all the way down to the lowest minors. I want to be in the classroom as these mental giants attempt to "learn to code". I'll bet that they will get so good at it that they'll be able to program the AIBA, AIFL and AILB. :):

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    While we're at it, let's stop paying professional athletes. Not just those in the high level leagues, but all the way down to the lowest minors. I want to be in the classroom as these mental giants attempt to "learn to code". I'll bet that they will get so good at it that they'll be able to program the AIBA, AIFL and AILB. :):
    Another union that doesn't make sense.

Reactions: oze
    Top Bottom