• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Woke aside, I've seen companies hire obvious losers with company wrecking track records as executives to make decisions for them. It's crazy when you see it, and can't explain it through something simple like sexual favors. I guess when you get to a certain level in business you can fail to the top and stay there.:dunno:

Before I even noticed "woke politics", it always seemed to me that companies started recycling idiots.
    Like it was a limited group of "royalty" that hired each other's "nephews".
    "I hired his nephew, so he has to hire my nephew".

A company fell flat on it's face, and the economy was good, so you look at the CEO/CFO (etc.)
    Then you find out, that person ruined 5 smaller companies on their way up.
    And you're like.. "WTF? Why was this person hired with that record?"

I think it just continued into the "woke movement".

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Before I even noticed "woke politics", it always seemed to me that companies started recycling idiots.

A company fell flat on it's face, and the economy was good, so you look at the CEO/CFO (etc.)

F*** up, move up.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

You were seeing the solidification of the Epstein group…

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Hey.
    Remember Harry's Razors.
    Created to be "anti-woke".

Well...

I used to be a member of the Harry's shave club. They lost me when they sent out a lengthy, virtue signaling email, lionizing George Floyd and giving full-throated support to BLM.

So yeah, they've been woke for quite some time. BTW, I received no response to my email to them, questioning their motives.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I used to be a member of the Harry's shave club. They lost me when they sent out a lengthy, virtue signaling email, lionizing George Floyd and giving full-throated support to BLM.

So yeah, they've been woke for quite some time. BTW, I received no response to my email to them, questioning their motives.

So much for "truth in advertising".

Haha

I know that was never a real thing.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    Other than the Bud Lite boycott how many of these have had any lasting effects? Your got to company is bought out next week by a woke company and it too becomes woke. If sales go down, workers are laid off. The execs keep their job or move on to a better position or retire with a big bonus. There may be an effect on a small local business like a bakery, but the big companies will just keep rolling on.
    Your go to company is probably using a woke company to transport their goods.
    In the mid 200s I stopped buying products from the sponsors of the Chicago gay games. They are all still in business.

Edit: Oops, that is the mid 2000s. But I do have a long memory.
    Thanks, DoggyDaddy

Last edited:

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    We really need to bring back mental institutions.
    We'd run out of bricks to build them.

Well, we could just turn the crazy libs into bricks, like "Soylent Green" turned people into food cubes.

Of course, when were done building, there'll be no crazy libs left to inhabit them.

But our problems would be solved........so there's that.

And I'm sure there will be more libs to come, they seem to multiply at an incredible rate, especially considering they murder most of their offspring.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “In the last decade or so, though, this reasoning has fallen completely out of favor. Major corporations now see social engineering as their primary objective, whatever the consequences might be. Blackrock and Vanguard are fixated on E.S.G. scores, which means making sure that companies are promoting values like “sustainability” and “inclusivity” and so on. They care about E.S.G. more than profitability in some cases.”

“You often hear this phenomenon being described as “wokeness.” But that doesn’t fully capture what’s happening. Wokeness implies a kind of pie-in-the-sky naivete. It suggests that corporate executives from the coastal states are being earnest when they, for example, schedule “Pride Nights” at NHL games, or pay Dylan Mulvaney to promote Bud Light.“

“What’s actually happening is more sinister. Corporate wokeness is coordinated. It’s disingenuous. Its aim is not “inclusivity,” whatever that means. Instead, the goal of these corporations is to ensure that conservatives never hold any power in this country ever again. What’s often called “wokeness,” in reality, is best described as a hatred of traditional values. It’s an effort to stamp out conservatives and to destroy them. With very few exceptions, no matter what the company, no matter what the industry, this is the goal of corporate America. They don’t see their role as selling products. They understand that their true purpose is to promulgate Left-wing ideology to the point that it’s dominant and totally unchallenged.”

“The only thing that separates Harry’s from pretty much every other major corporation in the country is that they put all of this in writing. That’s it. So-called “woke” corporations like Harry’s aren’t misguided, or overly idealistic, or stupid. They know exactly what they’re doing. They hate you and they want to destroy you. It is nothing less than an act of self-flagellation to voluntarily give your money to businesses like this. They are spitting in your face, and you are paying them for the service. And if that’s how Harry’s or any other Left-wing company wants to operate, that’s their prerogative. But we are still a country where the vast majority of people don’t refer to mothers as “birthing parents,” and don’t think it’s a good idea for women to have cosmetic double mastectomies, and don’t believe in sterilizing and castrating children.”

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    “In the last decade or so, though, this reasoning has fallen completely out of favor. Major corporations now see social engineering as their primary objective, whatever the consequences might be. Blackrock and Vanguard are fixated on E.S.G. scores, which means making sure that companies are promoting values like “sustainability” and “inclusivity” and so on. They care about E.S.G. more than profitability in some cases.”

“You often hear this phenomenon being described as “wokeness.” But that doesn’t fully capture what’s happening. Wokeness implies a kind of pie-in-the-sky naivete. It suggests that corporate executives from the coastal states are being earnest when they, for example, schedule “Pride Nights” at NHL games, or pay Dylan Mulvaney to promote Bud Light.“

“What’s actually happening is more sinister. Corporate wokeness is coordinated. It’s disingenuous. Its aim is not “inclusivity,” whatever that means. Instead, the goal of these corporations is to ensure that conservatives never hold any power in this country ever again. What’s often called “wokeness,” in reality, is best described as a hatred of traditional values. It’s an effort to stamp out conservatives and to destroy them. With very few exceptions, no matter what the company, no matter what the industry, this is the goal of corporate America. They don’t see their role as selling products. They understand that their true purpose is to promulgate Left-wing ideology to the point that it’s dominant and totally unchallenged.”

“The only thing that separates Harry’s from pretty much every other major corporation in the country is that they put all of this in writing. That’s it. So-called “woke” corporations like Harry’s aren’t misguided, or overly idealistic, or stupid. They know exactly what they’re doing. They hate you and they want to destroy you. It is nothing less than an act of self-flagellation to voluntarily give your money to businesses like this. They are spitting in your face, and you are paying them for the service. And if that’s how Harry’s or any other Left-wing company wants to operate, that’s their prerogative. But we are still a country where the vast majority of people don’t refer to mothers as “birthing parents,” and don’t think it’s a good idea for women to have cosmetic double mastectomies, and don’t believe in sterilizing and castrating children.”

I agree that they hate conservatives. They're conditioned for such. I think the goal is more Maoist than that merely destroying traditional values because they hate us. The thing about traditional values is that it is a shield against unnecessary change. The new world order can't happen if most people still cling to the values this country was founded on. Mao got rid of traditions to remove resistance to the changes he wanted to impose in China.

I think what is behind wokeness is pushed by elites who want to use Mao's tactics to destroy the traditions standing in the way the way they want the world ordered. And that is to create a new collectivist culture open to compliance, which is tolerance of leftward changes, and resists tradition. Not all woke companies are in on it. But ESG is so well established I think a lot of CEOs believe this is how they have to be to be successful. They're no longer measured on performance in the market. They're measured on ESG. They deliver on what gets them raises and bonuses. I suspect a lot of them comply because they feel like they have no other choice.

Top Bottom