• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I agree that they hate conservatives. They're conditioned for such. I think the goal is more Maoist than that merely destroying traditional values because they hate us. The thing about traditional values is that it is a shield against unnecessary change. The new world order can't happen if most people still cling to the values this country was founded on. Mao got rid of traditions to remove resistance to the changes he wanted to impose in China.

I think what is behind wokeness is pushed by elites who want to use Mao's tactics to destroy the traditions standing in the way the way they want the world ordered. And that is to create a new collectivist culture open to compliance, which is tolerance of leftward changes, and resists tradition. Not all woke companies are in on it. But ESG is so well established I think a lot of CEOs believe this is how they have to be to be successful. They're no longer measured on performance in the market. They're measured on ESG. They deliver on what gets them raises and bonuses. I suspect a lot of them comply because they feel like they have no other choice.

The four olds.

eliminating-the-four-olds.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    When I first heard about this, I thought “great!” I guess small steps are better than nothing.

“A spokesperson for S&P referred to a statement, in which the company said the “update does not affect our ESG principles, criteria or our research and commentary on ESG-related topics, including the influence that ESG factors can have on creditworthiness.””

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    They're no longer measured on performance in the market. They're measured on ESG. They deliver on what gets them raises and bonuses. I suspect a lot of them comply because they feel like they have no other choice.

I don't believe this is true. Unfortunately companies are measured on performance in the market and ESG. The problem is when the two conflict, as it did for BL.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I don't believe this is true. Unfortunately companies are measured on performance in the market and ESG. The problem is when the two conflict, as it did for BL.

With respect, I think the problem is when some marketing twit with little to no experience in the real world tells a product's core customer group to eff off. I didn't give two poops about Mr mulvaney, but when I saw her interview I knew they'd just stepped in it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    But ESG is so well established I think a lot of CEOs believe this is how they have to be to be successful. They're no longer measured on performance in the market. They're measured on ESG. They deliver on what gets them raises and bonuses. I suspect a lot of them comply because they feel like they have no other choice.
    BINGO! Have been told exactly that several times by those directly affected…

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That’s exactly it. There are plenty of beer brands out there. It wasn’t wise to insult the people loyal to your brand especially when it’s something as common as regular beer.
    THIS. I used to drink MGD. Then I found I liked Yuengling more and it was about the same price. Last time I looked MGD is usually marginally higher anyway. (may have changed, havent looked in YEARS) And frankly, I've noticed a lot of stores dont even carry MGD anymore. Not sure why. Or maybe I havent really noticed because I was used to the gold boxes and now they are black? :dunno:

I had a case of MGD last week, but only because my wife bought it for vacation because "Sorry, thats what you guys drink up there, isnt it?"

I wasnt mad. Just curious why she didnt buy my regular beer. It was still good.

I just havent had a good reason to switch back to it. I suspect a LOT of customers are going to do the same and get accustomed to what they switched to and never even consider going back because there really isnt a good reason to.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    When I first heard about this, I thought “great!” I guess small steps are better than nothing.

“A spokesperson for S&P referred to a statement, in which the company said the “update does not affect our ESG principles, criteria or our research and commentary on ESG-related topics, including the influence that ESG factors can have on creditworthiness.””
    So what they just said is they are going to hide it now. Probably still available to subscribers…

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    THIS. I used to drink MGD. Then I found I liked Yuengling more and it was about the same price. Last time I looked MGD is usually marginally higher anyway. (may have changed, havent looked in YEARS) And frankly, I've noticed a lot of stores dont even carry MGD anymore. Not sure why. Or maybe I havent really noticed because I was used to the gold boxes and now they are black? :dunno:

I had a case of MGD last week, but only because my wife bought it for vacation because "Sorry, thats what you guys drink up there, isnt it?"

I wasnt mad. Just curious why she didnt buy my regular beer. It was still good.

I just havent had a good reason to switch back to it. I suspect a LOT of customers are going to do the same and get accustomed to what they switched to and never even consider going back because there really isnt a good reason to.
    Yuengling is my beer of choice. Sam's club has cases of bottles for $19.99. Can't beat the price

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Add Best Buy to the list...

They can go to hell. The've been corrupt for years. Like the time my buddy told me he not only lost his job, but also the SMART sensor warned him his hard disk had a predictive failure. So he needed a cheap fix for his tower.

So I told him " Go buy a new hdd and Acronis True Image. Together it should cost $125. you can use that software to clone your system to the new drive."

He went and was looking for the software and a Geek Squad guy was roaming the floor. (they troll the floor looking for repair referrals) He asked my buddy if he could help him. He told him his drive was failing and asked for the software. He was told they didnt carry that software, plus it doesnt usually work. (two lies) He took him to his service desk. He then quoted my buddy an astronomical cost for them to do it for him. He couldnt afford that so he left. Two days later, the drive failed.

When he told me the story after it died, my spidey senses tingled. So I hit the website. His store had 26 copies of the software on the shelf. The dude tried to scam my buddy into paying them to fix it when he could have done it himself for a fraction of the cost. I havent been in a Best Buy since.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Add Best Buy to the list...

They can go to hell. The've been corrupt for years. Like the time my buddy told me he not only lost his job, but also the SMART sensor warned him his hard disk had a predictive failure. So he needed a cheap fix for his tower.

So I told him " Go buy a new hdd and Acronis True Image. Together it should cost $125. you can use that software to clone your system to the new drive."

He went and was looking for the software and a Geek Squad guy was roaming the floor. (they troll the floor looking for repair referrals) He asked my buddy if he could help him. He told him his drive was failing and asked for the software. He was told they didnt carry that software, plus it doesnt usually work. (two lies) He took him to his service desk. He then quoted my buddy an astronomical cost for them to do it for him. He couldnt afford that so he left. Two days later, the drive failed.

When he told me the story after it died, my spidey senses tingled. So I hit the website. His store had 26 copies of the software on the shelf. The dude tried to scam my buddy into paying them to fix it when he could have done it himself for a fraction of the cost. I havent been in a Best Buy since.

I've used them as little as possible for the last 15 years. I was living in MN when the CEO called people who buy sale items only "devil customers" and then they moved to a "customercentric" model where they lumped all their customers into like a half a dozen generalized buckets to push their sales people to push more crap people didn't need on them. I was also there when they bought the Geek Squad, which was a really good company and turned it into the joke it is today.

Top Bottom