• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The "Sound of Freedom" movie currently outgrossing the top 3 Hollywood releases combined is putting a dent in the studios bottom line.

Whether it's enough to get Hollywood to wake up and take notice is still to be determined.
    I think it's waking them up to try to scuttle it. Which seems a bit late at this point.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I have been studying that and it is not as easy as it sounds. This was a perfect storm. We must learn to replicate it.

“No one factor determines success, but they boil down to one key question: How expensive in time, money, or quality is it to switch to the nearest substitute for the target of the boycott? The more expensive it is to boycott, the less likely the boycott will succeed. What affects the costs of participating in a boycott? The answers to this question are simple: time, money, and quality.”

Speaking of boycotts over "woke-ism," does anyone happen to know how Gillette has fared since their ad screwup a couple years ago? I know there was a big backlash at the time, but I don't know if it resulted in a permanent dent in their market share.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Which is the problem with boycotts - on both sides. Although, perhaps the Bud Lite boycott will prove to be the exception, and if it does, perhaps the reason is that there are so many comparable alternative beers available to the consumer?
    That’s exactly it. There are plenty of beer brands out there. It wasn’t wise to insult the people loyal to your brand especially when it’s something as common as regular beer.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Which is the problem with boycotts - on both sides. Although, perhaps the Bud Lite boycott will prove to be the exception, and if it does, perhaps the reason is that there are so many comparable alternative beers available to the consumer?
    I never used another Gillette product and still won't. I even tried Jeremy's Razors but unfortunately the quality wasn't very good. I'd love to support him and his effort to form alternatives, but you have to have a great competing product.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I never used another Gillette product and still won't. I even tried Jeremy's Razors but unfortunately the quality wasn't very good. I'd love to support him and his effort to form alternatives, but you have to have a great competing product.
    I have a Gillette razor, but I have switched to generic replacement blades from amazon for the razor. There is a slight difference, but nothing to stop me from buying the off brand blades.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I use both Gillette and Schick razors. When the boycott started, I already had about a year's supply of Gillette blades and I keep finding more in crooks and nannies around the house. I feel SO deprived; I'm almost NEVER using the brands that get boycotted . . .

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    THIS
    IS
    INGO

tenor.gif

Top Bottom