• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I will say that Target stores are on the whole much nicer than Walmart stores. I had to be in one about a year ago and was amazed at how nice they were. Won't ever shop there again, but I can admit that.
    From my infrequent shopping I find Target stores are nicer than the Walmart across the street. Not only is the store nicer but the people shopping at Target look a little closer to normal (search People of Walmart).

But the selection of merchandise at Target is significantly smaller. So if I go into Target and get lucky, great. Trouble is on those rare trips I rarely can get everything I need at Target so am then stuck going to Walmart to round out my shopping trip. Sometimes its easier to just start at Walmart first.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    ”The sad thing here, however, is that workers who had nothing to do with the Mulvaney partnership are paying the price.”

As usual, folks that caused all of this will never feel the impacts of “missing a check”. They will move on, land on their feet, some, probably in an even more lucrative position while the people that had nothing to do with the situation will be the ones that have to sacrifice.
    maybe being more thorough on finding out the beliefs of your pending employer might mitigate the harm incurred by the employee. Being indifferent to how your employer acts now carries possible pain…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    maybe being more thorough on finding out the beliefs of your pending employer might mitigate the harm incurred by the employee. Being indifferent to how your employer acts now carries possible pain…

Not everyone can work for a non-douche employer. Not everyone is in a financial position to have a variety of employment opportunities. And untill recent years whose had to vet potential employers for woke policies?

People who’ve worked there for many years could not have predicted this outcome. But. I think for the foreseeable future people will need to do this.

Thwre is a whole new industry that’s been forming around helping employers vet the backgrounds of employee candidates. I guess we need that for employees now to help them vet employers.

Maybe we need an employer ClownWorld-Scorecard™, a scale from 0-11 based on relative size of HR department/ratio of male to female in the department, existence of ESG tzar, overall average ESG score, number of people fired for having right of center views, etcetera. Maybe an employer ClownWorld-Forecast™ which would be a predictor of future wokeness potential.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    People who’ve worked there for many years could not have predicted this outcome. But. I think for the foreseeable future people will need to do this.
    OMG, that is for certain. I have been at the same place for 33 years. When I started, the CEO was the kind that would wonder up and sit at your table for breakfast during our annual meeting. He sent me a handwritten condolence note when my Dad died. Now we area Fortune 400 company. The CEO isn't going to mingle with the help at the meeting. We now sponsor special interest groups in the company for everyone but white straight males. What am I going to do at this point? I have about 2 years to retirement.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not everyone can work for a non-douche employer. Not everyone is in a financial position to have a variety of employment opportunities. And untill recent years whose had to vet potential employers for woke policies?
    Not just your company, but the companies that they supply. Especially if they have one main customer.

Hell, you might need to vet their suppliers too. What if one of them is too woke?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

No surprise that the headline is overly alarmist. DEI positions aren't being "slashed" but attrition and layoffs are happening at a slightly higher rate than other employee groups.

Perhaps companies actually realize that a bunch of woke HR employees that add little to the bottom line aren't actually needed.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

No surprise that the headline is overly alarmist. DEI positions are being "slashed" but attrition and layoffs are happening at a slightly higher rate than other employee groups.

Perhaps companies actually realize that a bunch of woke HR employees that add little to the bottom line aren't actually needed.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

No surprise that the headline is overly alarmist. DEI positions are being "slashed" but attrition and layoffs are happening at a slightly higher rate than other employee groups.

I've seen people reporting that it's because they don't produce income for the organization. It's actually much worse than that, they actively cost the organization money. When you foster petty grievances, victimhood and hire for non-merit based reasons, you cost the organization a ton of money. Not just in having people in positions who aren't good at their jobs, but also creating a morale issue for your employees. I'm just amazed that it's taken this long for this to start being understood.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've seen people reporting that it's because they don't produce income for the organization. It's actually much worse than that, they actively cost the organization money. When you foster petty grievances, victimhood and hire for non-merit based reasons, you cost the organization a ton of money. Not just in having people in positions who aren't good at their jobs, but also creating a morale issue for your employees. I'm just amazed that it's taken this long for this to start being understood.
    Bud Light’s DEI department sure cost them a lit of money. I think they were on board with the DEI nonsense because they knew progressives would boycott them, protest them, break their windows, burn their buildings. I could see where they would think that’s where the safe money is. Now it looks like people are pushing back. Maybe companies are contemplating the consequences of pissing the other side off.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Bud Light’s DEI department sure cost them a lit of money. I think they were on board with the DEI nonsense because they knew progressives would boycott them, protest them, break their windows, burn their buildings. I could see where they would think that’s where the safe money is. Now it looks like people are pushing back. Maybe companies are contemplating the consequences of pissing the other side off.

Yep, who would have thought that pissing off the majority of your customers would be a bad business plan... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom