• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    But the selection of merchandise at Target is significantly smaller. So if I go into Target and get lucky, great. Trouble is on those rare trips I rarely can get everything I need at Target so am then stuck going to Walmart to round out my shopping trip. Sometimes its easier to just start at Walmart first.
    No doubt. They obviously cater to the skilless professional who lives in a condo or apartment. And hires people to do any work around the "house". Just look at the tool section.

There is literally enough in tools to build a basic entry level tool box you might throw together for when your daughter moves into her own place. I dont even recall seeing a drill. MAYBE a power screwdriver?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No doubt. They obviously cater to the skilless professional who lives in a condo or apartment. And hires people to do any work around the "house". Just look at the tool section.

There is literally enough in tools to build a basic entry level tool box you might throw together for when your daughter moves into her own place. I dont even recall seeing a drill. MAYBE a power screwdriver?
    I wanted a one gallon old style electric ice cream maker. I called or visited near 10 different retailers all said the same thing, do not sell enough of then to stock, you can get it on our website. I got it at Amazon simply and fast.

Computerization will be our demise. Instead of goal of building a reputation for having what you need they now only carry what turns over fast, and few choices exist…

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Not everyone can work for a non-douche employer. Not everyone is in a financial position to have a variety of employment opportunities. And untill recent years whose had to vet potential employers for woke policies?

People who’ve worked there for many years could not have predicted this outcome. But. I think for the foreseeable future people will need to do this.

Thwre is a whole new industry that’s been forming around helping employers vet the backgrounds of employee candidates. I guess we need that for employees now to help them vet employers.

Maybe we need an employer ClownWorld-Scorecard™, a scale from 0-11 based on relative size of HR department/ratio of male to female in the department, existence of ESG tzar, overall average ESG score, number of people fired for having right of center views, etcetera. Maybe an employer ClownWorld-Forecast™ which would be a predictor of future wokeness potential.
    Then those people have used their life priorities to make a choice. I wont change my actions because of their circumstances. To put it lightly, they are screwed.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That is a gross misrepresentation of what has happened so far. Unilever's stock is down from 52.32 on 7/4 to 51.03 on 7/7. That isn't even the low in the last 30 days, let alone the last year. Let's see if there is any real fallout before we start doing victory laps on this one.

Ben and Jerry's is a small fraction of their business.

View attachment 286184
    True. The boycott is B&J, not unilever so one can never be sure what effect it actually is having. One of the things I have come to understand concerning why the bud light boycott impact is so demonstrable is because the item is measured by so many metrics, most of those have been going down and then the boycotters celebrate those declines. Will not be similar wit B&J, just will not have the data…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    True. The boycott is B&J, not unilever so one can never be sure what effect it actually is having. One of the things I have come to understand concerning why the bud light boycott impact is so demonstrable is because the item is measured by so many metrics, most of those have been going down and then the boycotters celebrate those declines. Will not be similar wit B&J, just will not have the data…
    Plus it was their #1 product. Unilever owns a lot of :poop: and B&J is not among the biggest

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland

Someone named gorge thinks this is funny. This is over 600 of my fellow glassmakers out of work. Good people with families, mortgages, etc. I do not think it's so funny.

Oh, and by the way. The world's fastest beer bottle machine, in Dunkirk, Indiana, is still shut down. This machine makes 48 bottles every time it makes one cycle.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Someone named gorge thinks this is funny. This is over 600 of my fellow glassmakers out of work. Good people with families, mortgages, etc. I do not think it's so funny.

Oh, and by the way. The world's fastest beer bottle machine, in Dunkirk, Indiana, is still shut down. This machine makes 48 bottles every time it makes one cycle.

What's funny is how easy it would be for Bud Light to address this and stop the bleeding, but they won't. They're too afraid of the Leftist Gestapo.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

While I don‘t think it funny what is happening to individuals I think it something that needs to happen, and happen a lot more to correct the ship that is listing badly. I am happy this situation is teaching business lessons to a whole generation that apparently was taught they could disrespect their customers and nothing would come if it. I guarantee you the most shocked ones of all are the fired marketing people.

I’m guessing those glass folks never dreamed that corporate wokeness would really affect them either, but here it is…

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    B&J: "we need to return stolen lands to the indians" (too lazy to type the PC words)
    Indian Chief: "Hey there B&J. Your HQ is on our land. We'd love to have it back. Put your money where your mouth is."
    B&J: *crickets*

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    While I don‘t think it funny what is happening to individuals I think it something that needs to happen, and happen a lot more to correct the ship that is listing badly. I am happy this situation is teaching business lessons to a whole generation that apparently was taught they could disrespect their customers and nothing would come if it. I guarantee you the most shocked ones of all are the fired marketing people.

On the contrary. We're keenly aware of how dependent we are on our customers' decision making. In '83 plant management told AB to just make beer, and not tell us how to make bottles. The next day they canceled the contract, and closed half of our factory down. One reason not all of us were so happy about jumping back into bed with them.

gorge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Earth
    On the contrary. We're keenly aware of how dependent we are on our customers' decision making. In '83 plant management told AB to just make beer, and not tell us how to make bottles. The next day they canceled the contract, and closed half of our factory down. One reason not all of us were so happy about jumping back into bed with them.
    Are you saying you want people to support the leftist ideology or you want people to support companies who support freedom? You can't have both. No one is happy people are losing their jobs. People are voting with their dollars in not supporting groomers.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Are you saying you want people to support the leftist ideology or you want people to support companies who support freedom? You can't have both. No one is happy people are losing their jobs. People are voting with their dollars in not supporting groomers.

If this trend continues and I pray to God it does, it's going to mean a lot more lost jobs unfortunately. There's no help for it until the market corrects.

Top Bottom