• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    ”The sad thing here, however, is that workers who had nothing to do with the Mulvaney partnership are paying the price.”

As usual, folks that caused all of this will never feel the impacts of “missing a check”. They will move on, land on their feet, some, probably in an even more lucrative position while the people that had nothing to do with the situation will be the ones that have to sacrifice.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    ”The sad thing here, however, is that workers who had nothing to do with the Mulvaney partnership are paying the price.”

As usual, folks that caused all of this will never feel the impacts of “missing a check”. They will move on, land on their feet, some, probably in an even more lucrative position while the people that had nothing to do with the situation will be the ones that have to sacrifice.
    Peasants always have suffered the follies of the elites…

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

One of the problems with people running corporate.

No consequences

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

i-know-dumbass.gif

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah. Pretty much. "Tolerance" means something different in wokish from what we understand is tolerance.

Herbert Marcuse:

THIS essay examines the idea of tolerance in our advanced industrial society. The conclusion reached is that the realization of the objective of tolerance would call for intolerance toward prevailing policies, attitudes, opinions, and the extension of tolerance to policies, attitudes, and opinions which are outlawed or suppressed. In other words, today tolerance appears again as what it was in its origins, at the beginning of the modern period—a partisan goal, a subversive liberating notion and practice. Conversely, what is proclaimed and practiced as tolerance today, is in many of its most effective manifestations serving the cause of oppression.

So one must be tolerant of "oppressed" people, but also must be intolerant of oppressors. So they're tolerant of trans, for example, but intolerant of people who don't play along with the gender games. They've redefined a word to mask their bigotry as tolerance. Disguise is a good word for that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's like the thing spoken before many gatherings in Canada. “I want to acknowledge that we are on the traditional territory of...” It's laughable because if they really gave a **** they'd give it back and stop faking virtue with "acknowledging" it. If you're on their land speaking now, why the **** are you trespassing? And why don't the indigenous people just say, hey. You admit it's our land. Get the **** off.

It's a lot like "raising awareness". It's literally the least you can do for the cause. Both requires no real commitment or sacrifice.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's what I thought about Target.
    Me too. I’ve noticed anecdotally that in places that have Targets and Walmarts there is a “snobbish” attitude against Walmart in favor of Target, even among non-lefties. I’d suspect a lot of non-commies/“conservatives” buy Ben and Jerry’s stuff because of their marketing (being oblivious to their leftist ideology). I do wonder how many of these boycotts can take hold and be effective.

We’ll see.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's like the thing spoken before many gatherings in Canada. “I want to acknowledge that we are on the traditional territory of...” It's laughable because if they really gave a **** they'd give it back and stop faking virtue with "acknowledging" it. If you're on their land speaking now, why the **** are you trespassing? And why don't the indigenous people just say, hey. You admit it's our land. Get the **** off.

It's a lot like "raising awareness". It's literally the least you can do for the cause. Both requires no real commitment or sacrifice.
    I dunno…donning a ribbon (that many raising awareness campaigns do or used to do) seems like a pretty heroic sacrifice. ;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Me too. I’ve noticed anecdotally that in places that have Targets and Walmarts there is a “snobbish” attitude against Walmart in favor of Target, even among non-lefties. I’d suspect a lot of non-commies/“conservatives” buy Ben and Jerry’s stuff because of their marketing (being oblivious to their leftist ideology). I do wonder how many of these boycotts can take hold and be effective.

We’ll see.

I will say that Target stores are on the whole much nicer than Walmart stores. I had to be in one about a year ago and was amazed at how nice they were. Won't ever shop there again, but I can admit that.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I will say that Target stores are on the whole much nicer than Walmart stores. I had to be in one about a year ago and was amazed at how nice they were. Won't ever shop there again, but I can admit that.
    I think it depends on the neighborhoods in which they’re located and how they’re managed. I’ve seen some that were pits and the one here in Bedford is pretty good, in comparison.

Top Bottom