• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well it's been voted for three times now... which is two more than it should have been.

They better ****ing do it.

What's an example of Americans voting on something specific (probably on a local level) and the gov just not doing it?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    From the BBC: If the exit poll is correct, and Boris Johnson has secured a majority, then he will have the backing of MPs on the green benches behind him to take us out of the European Union next month.A huge junction in our history - a moment that will redraw our place in the world.
    But not just that - if correct, these numbers could mean five more years of a Conservative government - tipping across a decade.
    After the fourth defeat for Labour in a row - after several years when they have moved further to the left - this is a serious and historic loss.

jBNlw9d.png

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    From the BBC: If the exit poll is correct, and Boris Johnson has secured a majority, then he will have the backing of MPs on the green benches behind him to take us out of the European Union next month.A huge junction in our history - a moment that will redraw our place in the world.
    But not just that - if correct, these numbers could mean five more years of a Conservative government - tipping across a decade.
    After the fourth defeat for Labour in a row - after several years when they have moved further to the left - this is a serious and historic loss.
    It appears that there were two votes on Brexit. The first direct referendum to remain or leave, and this election. I’m not sure what kind of **** the remainers will pull now. Do they have some mechanism like impeachment over there?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well it's been voted for three times now... which is two more than it should have been.

They better ****ing do it.

What's an example of Americans voting on something specific (probably on a local level) and the gov just not doing it?
    I stand corrected. I forgot about the MP election. That’s 3.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    They still have a framework for trade. If UK leaves the EU it just defaults back to WTO rules rather than the 'ever [STRIKE]more strangling[/STRIKE] closer relationship'

They traded with Europe before the EU and trade with the rest of the world without most other countries being in the EU.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    They traded with Europe before the EU and trade with the rest of the world without most other countries being in the EU.

Before the EU they traded with the individual nations of the EU, each one looking out for its own trade interests. Now many of those nations are beholden to the trade policy of the Brussels HQ, which will still try to punish the UK for leaving. Merkel is already squawking that trade deals must "preserve EU values" and such. Trade agreements will get done, but it will be a bumpy road.

I'm interested to see what Trump will roll out. This is a perfect opportunity to tweak the EU's nose by giving the UK special trade statuses. I dunno if it is still true but a few years ago Britain was the number one market for French champagne and other wines. Would be funny to see Trump and BoJo float an idea to replace that with American wines. The gilets jaunes would go into overtime.

p.s. I read someplace that every Conservative MP that went against BoJo and Brexit lost his seat.

Top Bottom