• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    ...And I disagree with an earlier poster that stated that one either loves or hates GLOCK pistols. I like GLOCK's and I simply like my G32 because of what it offers, which is completely different than nearly every other pistol that I own.

That was me, but I did say "usually." I was just saying that glock has a hard core following and a large number of dissenters. A polarity not seen among other manufacturers. That is what makes these kinds of discussions so interesting. This kind of "Glock...still the best" threads are common as well as "Let me tell you how much Glock suck" kind of threads. I wasn't implying that everyone had to align with one of these to views.

I also appreciate when I see someone willing to observe and admit the shortcomings of there pistol of choice. You will rarely see the dedicated glockers admit even one. I, like you, prefer a 1911 and can tell you (I'm sure you already know) where the design shortcomings are. There is also a lot more kool-aid drinking where glock is concerned, but that is a little too far off topic so I'll save it for another glock praising thread.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    62483229dkv5.jpg

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Looks/Ergo. goes to S&W M&P however my new XDm is growing on me fast.

But I will say that I did like my personal results with a G19. I wouldn't mind picking up one just for a SHTF type gun, because it would be easier to get/find mags for if you were scrambling through town trying to pack up and move out.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I personally can deny the combat effectiveness of the Glock as I have never used it in combat (real combat, where people die). I have (and the US Military) used the Beretta M9 on many fronts, and it has NEVER failed me. You do have to ask a serious question though.....if the Glock is so combat effective, why don't more nation's use it as their PRIMARY duty weapon?

+1 to this. I've got 10s of thousands of rounds through the M9/92FS, and I have never had a malfunction with them. Ever. Accurate, flawlessly reliable, it has served me well from deserts to the arctic to jungles, and always works. That's why it's what is sitting on my side now.

Glocks... one worked well for me, one jammed really dependably. That is so-so performance for me. Then we get into the fact that they aren't as accurate as my Beretta, feel like crap in the hand, have a dismal safety record, and in some calibers have a distressing habit of self destructing, and I'm left wondering: "Where's the beef?"

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Yup, both are "cool" to own but over-priced and work when they want to.

Cathy has 500 rounds through her Rock Island Armory 1911, my step father has 500 through his, my best friend has 500 through his.

These are cheapo 1911s, as basic as you can get, markedly cheaper than even the Glocks. Still waiting for them to "work when they want to." Thus far they've worked ever time.

That is FAR more than I can say for the POS Glock 23 I had the misfortune to own.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Sounds like a great company and customer service, not necessarily a great GUN!

I thoroughly enjoy how the Glock really has no stories of warranty work like this.

Would you buy a Hyundai just because they have a 10 year warranty? Hell no! Why would I want a 10 year warranty? I'd rather have a car that doesn't or won't need 10 years' worth of service like that. I'll take a Honda with a three year warranty ANY day of the week!

I bought a Hyundai partially because of the warranty, because discounting such an important item is silly. To assume the car would need the warranty is baseless. Ours, 5 years into it, hasn't had need of the warranty. Or any other non-scheduled mx work. Snobbery can be fun, but it shouldn't be confused with factual data.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    one being that Glocks are not made HERE in the US where we MAY need them to be made in the event of a serious Global catastrophesnip

The folks in Smyrna, Georgia, are going to be shocked beyond belief to find they've been kicked out of the United States.

Oh... while it's nice that some Iraqis are being equipped with Glocks, you may wish to research the S&W Sigma, reference their military contracts... reckon they are as good as Glocks.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The question I have is why does everyone have to constantly bash them? Is it jealousy, product insecurity or what? Glock owners are sure of their product! snip

Glock owners are overly sure about their product, refuse to be realistic about the limitations and shortcomings of their machine, and are often obnoxious. This makes it fun to torment them. At least, to torment the oens that haven't been blown up by their own gun...

Top Bottom