• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I might be wrong but, if I am, I will be the first to deny it......CZ 75 P-01 is the most Army and Police issued weapon world-wide.

I personally prefer a G19 and I carry it everyday.

So am I correct in assuming that the frequency of issuance isn't necessarily proportionate to "combat effectiveness?"

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Close its not the p-01 but the CZ-75. The 75 is the most issued handgun in the world

"Heritage:
    The P-01 is based on the CZ 75, the most used pistol in the world. Over 60 countries use it as the standard side arm of their Armies, National police forces, National security agencies or other Law enforcement organizations. No other pistol can make this claim. "

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    How many blackwater guys you see with them in the sandbox :) "It'a a trick question..ALOT"

Most cops I know would go CZ wuts dat if you asked them about the brand. How many glocks are winning the pistol competitions is the question I would ask. :)

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Lastly, GLOCK IS STILL THE BEST COMBAT PISTOL EVER MADE!

That's right you cannot have a better pistol by your side when the fertilizer hits the propeller. Simplicity, functionability, reliability!! You just can't beat it. The feel in your hand, the trigger reset, magazines, aftermarket parts, ease of use, accuracy etc. I could go on for ever about this but I won't.

Favor whatever handgun you want, good for you. But you cannot deny the combat effectiveness of the Glock.

I think the Glock 17 is likely one of the best combat pistols ever made. In 9mm, it is the best, outside of 9mm, I believe there are other weapons that are just as good, if not better than Glocks. I had an HK USP Compact in .40S&W. To me, it was a better pistol than my Glock 22. If I were not issued a Glock duty weapon, I would be carrying an HK USP, not a Glock.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    The OP said "Combat" pistol, not LE, and if you don't know the difference I simply cannot assist you. You'll have to conduct more research. Now I will assist you with the following facts:

Nations that use the Glock as an "official" sidearm:
    -Austria
    -India
    -Jordan
    -Thailand
    -Norway
    -Philippines

Nations that use the Beretta as an "official" sidearm:
    -Algeria
    -Argentina
    -Bosnia & Herzogovinia
    -Brazil
    -Colombia
    -France
    -Italy
    -Malaysia
    -Peru
    -Poland
    -Slovenia
    -South Africa
    -Spain
    -Turkey
    -United States

The problem with lists like this is there are sometimes other reasons why one weapon is chosen over another. I have heard Beretta is an Italian company, so obviously Italy is going to use the Beretta. Glock is Austrian, so they are going to use Glocks. Something tells me that Germany uses the HK, but I am not sure. Next comes the price offered, ability to build your own plant on your own soil, etc.. The rumor I heard years ago was that the US military wanted to go to the simple to use, battle tested Glock, but that when they wanted to be able to make Glocks on US soil, the company wouldn't have it, that Glocks were to be built in Austria only. As such, my understanding is that there is a Beretta manufacturing plant on US soil. My Beretta is stamped "Made in USA." As far as I know, all Glocks are made in Austria. I am sure there are other political/monetary reasons for countries to carry a certain pistol over another.

jason conley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    WEST SIDE OF INDY
    I don't like auto loaders or bottom feeders as I like to call them, but there is a glock on my nightstand with a flashlight on it. It is hard to beat the simplicity of it.What is simple is good what is complex is @%&$.

striker1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Michiana
    I've never been in combat, and I don't have a beef with fanboys of any platform. I would argue that 1911s and classic SIGs have had a pretty good track record, too.

--
    RB

Top Bottom