• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I didn't have any reservations until reading this thread. I am getting into reloading and prefer not to have any problems. m_deaner mentioned KKM aftermarket barrels. Any other reputable makers out there with fully supported chambers that are recommended?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I didn't have any reservations until reading this thread. I am getting into reloading and prefer not to have any problems. m_deaner mentioned KKM aftermarket barrels. Any other reputable makers out there with fully supported chambers that are recommended?

heh, you can still get a Glock and after market barrel for cheaper than the XDm.

Another thing to keep in mind is the number of armorers available locally if you need them.

stmoore

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Indy
    I think their cost, simplicity, and availability appeal to many. One interesting thing is people always want to feel they belong to something and I think Glock gives that to many gun owners and therefore we get all the these threads. Many times I wonder why some people want all the attention; however, it is fun to see the same e-fights.

It's like the early Mustangs, almost anyone could afford one and everyone felt like they had a muscle car even with a 289 three speed. Great guns, but to me they were a bit boring. I guess I am more of a Corvette guy.

tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yea, I would prefer to purchase an aftermarket barrel than buy another gun. If I want another gun I will buy a 1911 which I don't have yet! But I would be interested in a good quality aftermarket barrel that is less likely to have problems. It seems very unlikely that I would but it may be worth looking into.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    What? No random glock pic?:D There actually has been a lull in the glocktalk simulation lately.

That's my point....after a lull it picks right back up where it leaves off.
    I don't post random pics of GLOCKs off of the web. The pics I post are all mine.

Maybe I should throw in some pics of my Colts for you. :D

pic017.jpg

pic011.jpg

ColtCombatTarget005.jpg

pic009.jpg

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    And you still don't see them going Kaboom... thank you for helping make my point.
    you're welcome.
    I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not. I honestly hope you know 1911 isn't a style its a model.
    Here are a few places you can find the term "1911 style pistol"
    1911 style pistols - Google Search

It's only the model 1911 when it's made by Colt. everyone else has "1911-style" pistols. Kind of like the AR-15. Only Colt can call theirs an AR-15. Everyone else has to say R-15, AR-type rifle, S-15, or some other name.
    And that was my point. Glock has control over how every glcok is made. Colt only has control over the 1911s that come out of their factory, not every brazilian/spanish/philippine/argentine copy.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    That's my point....after a lull it picks right back up where it leaves off.
    I don't post random pics of GLOCKs off of the web. The pics I post are all mine.

I know all the glocks are yours. I meant the pics are random. You know, in the middle of the glock bashing/praising here comes a mvician glock pick. Nice Colts by the way. I'm officially jealous.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Last video was pretty cool. Seemed like I saw only a few failure to eject or feeds. Makes me glad I own a Glock.

There were 2 failures that I saw. Neither of them was a jam (failures to feed) or failure to eject (stovepipe).

In both instances, the fired casing was left inside the chamber. There are three ways this could happen:

1) Reduced powder charge, incapable of cycling slide. This was a 45acp Glock. I reload for 45acp and I can tell you that light loads which will function in my 1911 will not cycle in my Glock. The 200 grain slug is leaving the barrel at about 700fps. I don't know what the factory rating is on the respective recoil springs, but i suspect the Glocks is heavier.
    Either way, its an ammo problem.

2) The extractor slipping, or pulling through the rim. This is an ammunition problem.

3) limp wristing will steal recoil energy the gun needs to function. However that often results in stovepipes, and all of the shooters looked like they had stable shooting stances.

We can easily dismiss #2 and #3 as probable causes. You see these types of ammunition failures in these high round count tests simply because you have private citizens trying to buy 500 or 1,000 rounds just to burn, and they get the cheapest stuff they can find.

We purchased 200 rounds of Egyptian surplus 9mm a few weeks ago. Nearly 1/2 the primers were bad: we used a Sig P6, a CZ-75, and a Glock 17. All of those fine guns had countless problems with that crap. I suspect these sorts of test fall victim to the same phenomenon, just to a lesser extent.

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    you're welcome.
    Here are a few places you can find the term "1911 style pistol"
    1911 style pistols - Google Search

It's only the model 1911 when it's made by Colt. everyone else has "1911-style" pistols. Kind of like the AR-15. Only Colt can call theirs an AR-15. Everyone else has to say R-15, AR-type rifle, S-15, or some other name.
    And that was my point. Glock has control over how every glcok is made. Colt only has control over the 1911s that come out of their factory, not every brazilian/spanish/philippine/argentine copy.

Wonder why my RIA says 1911a1 on the side then hmmmmmm Sorry but you are 100% incorrect in your statement. and still you dont see 100's of 1911 kabooms like you do glocks. Their .40 design is flawed, some people don't want to admit it but it is. Now if you can replace the barrel with one that is supported then why hasn't Glock fixed thier barrel?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom