Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Uh-oh, coming for the Gen 5 G19?

11683_01_lg.jpg

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-9-m20-compact

FINALLY!

I have written more than 1 email to S&W since the M&P came out, politely advising them of their rampant stupidity in refusing to produce an M&P 9 the exact size of the Glock 19. In my opinion, the Glock 19 is the perfect size for carry. Kind of a Goldilocks gun, not too big, not too small. 5" tall and a 4" barrel. Perfect.

I already know I will be buying this new M&P compact 9mm 2.0. It's what I've wanted from the beginning. There's no way that a Glock, any generation, can match the ergonomically correct grip of the M&P. Finger grooves or not.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Let's not complain about a good deal. :)

Don't want to get into much commentary about our friend the seller, but I believe there is a mil/leo element involved. Possibly dealer/wholesale elements too. Good for him for passing along the value! :ingo:

Understood and agreed. Kudos to the seller for passing along a great deal.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Let's not complain about a good deal. :)

Don't want to get into much commentary about our friend the seller, but I believe there is a mil/leo element involved. Possibly dealer/wholesale elements too. Good for him for passing along the value! :ingo:

Nope, bought at the local GS like everybody else and had a GC for the sights and just wanted to move it quick for a 1911 project. I'm not like others that demand new prices for a used gun.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Someone already sold a Gen 5 G19 in the classifieds!

It didn't last an hour. It was priced very well with aftermarket night sights.

Dang, missed it!

Nope, bought at the local GS like everybody else and had a GC for the sights and just wanted to move it quick for a 1911 project. I'm not like others that demand new prices for a used gun.

Gone in like 12 minutes... and definitely appreciate drillsgt passing along a good deal. I saw the ad at 12 minutes in and it was already scooped up by someone else by the time my PM got to him.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    OK, I'll be "that guy"... I've decided I like my CZ P-10 C better, and I'm probably keeping just one of them. The only thing I don't prefer (other than the smaller ecosystem) is the extra weight. Other that that, (for ME...): it points better, fits better, trigger's better, is easier to rack, and (dare I say, because it means so little), looks better. Honestly, there's really nothing I'd change about the P-10 C other than to make it really fit ALL Glock 19 holsters and sights.

With all of the good press for the Gen 5, I've toyed with picking one up to see how it feels. But, I'm in the same boat in that I am very happy with the P10C and in the end, the Gen 5 would probably go the way of my other G19s. Had CZ been late or Glock been early, I'd probably have picked one up by now and I'd be on the opposite side, but CZ beat them to the market by 3 months so that's what's in the holster now days. I hope that they both do well in the marketplace. Hope to get a chance to shoot one some day though.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I just can't give up that particular holster, so I decided to keep the Glock and listed the CZ in the classifieds yesterday. It's already sale pending for tomorrow. I'm not the kind of person that looks back; they'll make more of both guns and if I change my mind again in the future, so be it. Hell, if I could get a MOS Glock in that holster I'd be selling the Gen 5 to do that. But that isn't going to happen...

I got my Ameriglo sights today, and they're super, super nice. I'll make another post about those later tonight or tomorrow. They're not quite a FBI contract set; I think they're better. It's something I put together custom after talking to a really helpful guy at Ameriglo. I think you guys are going to like them, so I'll give the exact particulars, including part numbers.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I just can't give up that particular holster, so I decided to keep the Glock and listed the CZ in the classifieds yesterday. It's already sale pending for tomorrow. I'm not the kind of person that looks back; they'll make more of both guns and if I change my mind again in the future, so be it. Hell, if I could get a MOS Glock in that holster I'd be selling the Gen 5 to do that. But that isn't going to happen...

I got my Ameriglo sights today, and they're super, super nice. I'll make another post about those later tonight or tomorrow. They're not quite a FBI contract set; I think they're better. It's something I put together custom after talking to a really helpful guy at Ameriglo. I think you guys are going to like them, so I'll give the exact particulars, including part numbers.

Cool can't wait to see the sight setup! And yes they make more of them every day, if it is missed that much you wouldn't be the first person to buy the same gun again. Lol

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    OK, I'll be "that guy"... I've decided I like my CZ P-10 C better, and I'm probably keeping just one of them. The only thing I don't prefer (other than the smaller ecosystem) is the extra weight. Other that that, (for ME...): it points better, fits better, trigger's better, is easier to rack, and (dare I say, because it means so little), looks better. Honestly, there's really nothing I'd change about the P-10 C other than to make it really fit ALL Glock 19 holsters and sights.

Sorry I missed that in the classy's. I'm in the market for a second P10C and your price was right.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Cool can't wait to see the sight setup! And yes they make more of them every day, if it is missed that much you wouldn't be the first person to buy the same gun again. Lol

Isn't that the truth! It seems like I forget why I sold a gun in the first place and then buy one again, did that for awhile with P7M8's but the crazy prices sort of cured me of that one.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Sorry I missed that in the classy's. I'm in the market for a second P10C and your price was right.

Well i'll be, you hanging out in the CZ thread kept you from seeing a CZ for sale. Lmao that's wild!! I've never even shot a CZ but they look nice, and after watching TFBTV's Arex 1 video that pistol series is alluring. Not needed but alluring!

Isn't that the truth! It seems like I forget why I sold a gun in the first place and then buy one again, did that for awhile with P7M8's but the crazy prices sort of cured me of that one.

I am sure on that pistol, high dollar! I've had repeats more than I want to say, I started tracking it once but it scared me. :)

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    On a different note mine carried fine in my crossbreed last night so that's a plus, that's the only one I use much anyways anymore. Makes it hide so well on my waistline, I dig it!

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    AmeriGlo Sights

OK, here's the info on the AmeriGlo sights I ordered (probably more than you want to know)...

I started by calling them and just asking for the "FBI set". They explained that, although it's not listed on their site, yes, we can buy exactly what they (well, we, the taxpayers) buy. The FBI set has a .125" wide front sight with orange outline and a serrated, round-notch rear sight with black-outlined tritium vials. Just about that time I placed an order, what was left of Irma made it to Georgia, delaying my shipment for a day and giving me a chance to do some research...

Sounds cool to get just what the FBI uses, but I learned a couple things about orange vs. green front sights. Yes, the color comes down largely to personal preference, but there are a couple important differences. The outline is luminous, designed to glow during the transition from a brighter environment to when our eyes are dark-adapted and can see the tritium well. The green luminous paint glows much, much longer than the orange (a few minutes vs. perhaps even a few hours). Also, the orange paint only remains luminous for about five years; this is reflected in its shorter 5-year warranty. The green outline has a lifespan approximately equal to that of the tritium--about 12 years, and carries a 12-year warranty. Swapping sights is no big deal, but this is something to be aware of before buying. If you prefer the orange, by all means go for it. Just understand there is a difference in longevity.

Learning this, I called back to swap orange for green outline on the front sight. This required them to make a custom set from two separate front and rear sight part numbers. Neither of these is listed on their website with all the other sights, so if you like this, you'll have to ask exactly for it. This front sight is .140" wide and one size taller than standard (standard is .165" and this is .200"). This is the proper height for this rear sight, so don't get a standard-height front or your gun may shoot high.

The rear is similar to the FBI rear, but this is a square, rather than round, notch. I like square better because there's more of a full-height light gap vs. the round, where you lose the bottom part of the gap. Of course, the rear is serrated with black-outlined vials. It has no sharp edges at all.

I'll be installing these over the weekend and take more pic's and go see how they work on the gun. One pleasant surprise to note is that AmeriGlo included a front sight wrench in the package. I didn't expect that. Here's a couple pic's before I install them, and the part numbers and descriptions:

GL-90070 Glock Rear Sight Square Notch Serrated $39
    GL-212-200-GR-C Glock ProGlo Front .200H X .140W Green with LumiGreen Outline $60

Shipping was $10; order total $109.

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1015.JPG

Last edited:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    OK, here's the info on the AmeriGlo sights I ordered (probably more than you want to know)...

I started by calling them and just asking for the "FBI set". They explained that, although it's not listed on their site, yes, we can buy exactly what they (well, we, the taxpayers) buy. The FBI set has a .125" wide front sight with orange outline and a serrated, round-notch rear sight with black-outlined tritium vials. Just about that time I placed an order, what was left of Irma made it to Georgia, delaying my shipment for a day and giving me a chance to do some research...

Sounds cool to get just what the FBI uses, but I learned a couple things about orange vs. green front sights. Yes, the color comes down largely to personal preference, but there are a couple important differences. The outline is luminous, designed to glow during the transition from a brighter environment to when our eyes are dark-adapted and can see the tritium well. The green luminous paint glows much, much longer than the orange (a few minutes vs. perhaps even a few hours). Also, the orange paint only remains luminous for about five years; this is reflected in its shorter 5-year warranty. The green outline has a lifespan approximately equal to that of the tritium--about 12 years, and carries a 12-year warranty. Swapping sights is no big deal, but this is something to be aware of before buying. If you prefer the orange, by all means go for it. Just understand there is a difference in longevity.

Learning this, I called back to swap orange for green outline on the front sight. This required them to make a custom set from two separate front and rear sight part numbers. Neither of these is listed on their website with all the other sights, so if you like this, you'll have to ask exactly for it. This front sight is .140" wide and one size taller than standard (standard is .165" and this is .200"). This is the proper height for this rear sight, so don't get a standard-height front or your gun may shoot high.

The rear is similar to the FBI rear, but this is a square, rather than round, notch. I like square better because there's more of a full-height light gap vs. the round, where you lose the bottom part of the gap. Of course, the rear is serrated with black-outlined vials. It has no sharp edges at all.

I'll be installing these over the weekend and take more pic's and go see how they work on the gun. One pleasant surprise to note is that AmeriGlo included a front sight wrench in the package. I didn't expect that. Here's a couple pic's before I install them, and the part numbers and descriptions:

GL-212-200-GR-C Glock ProGlo Front .200H X .140W Green with LumiGreen Outline $60

View attachment 59188

View attachment 59189

Awesome! I've used several of their sight sets and they always send a wrench, I have a tool for them but still handy! I'm doing well with the factory glock NS so I won't change them for a good while, but if I do it will be for something like you all have.
    I got my FBI sights installed a couple days ago. I'm a big fan of orange front sights. Like you said, personal preference.

I prefer the orange as well when possible, my hackathorns installed on my G43 are that way.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Sounds like the sights we have on our G17M's

View attachment 59188

View attachment 59189

Top Bottom