Regular Price: $469.95

$429.00

• 5” Barrel• Stainless Finish
    • Fixed Sights
    • Accessory Rail
    • Ambidextrous Safety
    • DA / SA
    • 17rd Capacity

1. With my love for stainless steel/nickel, I should have probably bought this. :laugh:

Yes, the older one's don't have the rail (not sure if all of the newer ones do or not). My experience with these guns is that they run. I got mine back in the early 90's (well, like 1991 actually) when wonder 9's were the rage.

PT99 is adjustable sights. PT92 is fixed (or at least that used to be the nomenclature. Taurus is prone to re-use, etc)

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    1. I called S.O.G. and they needed the FFL dealer to send them a copy of his license.They said the would have contacted me saying they needed this info to be able to process the order (nowhere did I see any place to input FFL info, even though he was listed on their site, but they didn't have his license number, which seems oxymoronish if he was in their system: strange.
    2. I went to the FFL near me (found through S.O.B.'s website) and gave him my order #, which he emailed with his license # to S.O.G.
    3. I will contact S.O.B. in a couple of days to make sure they have that, or they are "backed-up" in processing their info connecting the dots.
    4. If they have the proper info, it will be good to go, if not, I'll have to help them connect the dots.
    5. I greatly don't understand the website, and went back to look again. :wallbash:
    6. It gives you the option of shipping it to "your" address or another, w/o accounting for the fact that you can't ship a handgun to a resident who is not an FFL.
    7. It seems like after putting in your address they would then ask to what FFL dealer are you shipping it to and what is their address? :dunno:

SHG-B92FS_1.jpg

This is the common process for almost all online gun orders. I had my ffl send me a copy of their ffl/sot so that I am able to email it to vendors myself. The checkout has billing/shipping address, because it is a boilerplate ecommerce solution. They will not ship to a non ffl even if you put your own address as the shipping. Some sites allow you to input your ffl's contact information in a "note" others send you an email requesting ffl information after they process the purchase. My ffl is on gunbroker, but I have always had to send the copy of the ffl after the purchase and before shipping.

Some sites list your ffl, but do not have up to date information so they will require the FFL to resubmit their information.

It really smooths the process to have the ffl email you a copy of their ffl so that you can forward it to sellers.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    doddg - Don't take this the wrong way - but if you purchase a surplus gun, please consider if you should have a gunsmith take a look at it before firing. The vast majority are in very shootable condition but many have had taken a circuitous route to your gun safe.

1. Understood, and I appreciate you looking out for me, really! :thumbsup:

Those 92s have been imported for at least several years now and IMHO, are well worth the $300. If you buy one, I'd be interest to know the final price with shipping. I know you are hesitant to disclose what you pay for guns but maybe you can make an exception?!

2. Not at all (loved the dry humor): money is the "fun" factor to me: the ultimate of the hunt (self-rating system on how well you've done :laugh:). I literally take more pride of ownership of my H & R $175 revolver or my Beretta Neos $175 semi-auto than my $600 GP100 Ruger revolver. I am still very pleased with my $300 Smith 38 snubbie (alerted to special Cabelas sale here by a member) and my $300 Smith Compact 22LR since they were bought at new prices for what some pay that to get them used.

Beretta 92 FS pricing from S.O.L. International Inc. (my new global connection :laugh: )
    They were actually having a "mark-down" on these from $279 (am I not the luckiest person when it comes to pricing? :rockwoot:
    3. $239.00: Good to Very Good (Mechanically excellent, cosmetically a little more wear on finish, but still nice pistols.)
    4. $269.00 - Excellent (Mechanically excellent, cosmetically may have some wear on alloy frame finish.)
    5. $10 option: Handpick is NOT a grade. It is the best of 15 guns looked at in either good to very good or excellent condition.
    6. $25 FFL fees (or $20, not even remember)
    7. $15 shipping
    8. $17 - 19 taxes
    9. Total lowest: $296
    10. Total highest: $338

Note: Question is: you know I am a self-professed proud cheap-arse, so what did I pay?
    To know the answer to that is to know my multi-faceted, eccentric, outlier and contradictory personality.
    And, know I'm an extremist: either the lowest-in or full-bore. :popcorn:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    1. Who is charging you taxes?
    2. I have never met anyone who reported out of state mail order purchases... except me of course :shady:

3. I'm guessing you went for the highest end
    a. resale is easier the less beat up
    b. what is 40 dollars

5. Glad you got a glock and stepped away from the fringe for at least a little while.

lol hope my posts don't come off demeaning, I am afraid my good intentions and humor do not play well in text alone.

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    Had the glock 42 and the girlfriend took it over. Been wanting a 43 or a 26....I ended up buying the 26 today. I already have a glock 19 so I'm happy the mags are able to be used. I still would want a 43 just becsuse (we love options don't we)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    1. Who is charging you taxes?

A. I assume since I have to pick the gun up at a FFL that will do the background check, he will charge me the taxes? :dunno:
    2. I have never met anyone who reported out of state mail order purchases... except me of course :shady:
    3. I'm guessing you went for the highest end
    a. resale is easier the less beat up
    b. what is 40 dollars

B. That is correct: once I'm in, I'm all in.
    C.
    Logical point about the resale, which I thought of at the time, but was actually doing it for my own pleasure, just like I'd pay more to get the INOX.
    D. $40 is 2 boxes of 9mm ammo or 13 boxes of 22LR / 1.3 bricks of 22LR.
    :lmfao:

5. Glad you got a glock and stepped away from the fringe for at least a little while.
    E. I am thrilled to have the Glock :rockwoot:: put 100 flawless rounds through it tonight, and yes, there will be a range report.

lol hope my posts don't come off demeaning, I am afraid my good intentions and humor do not play well in text alone.

F. I know exactly what you are saying. I got in trouble more than once in my car club b/c my dry humor did not play well in print and they had to get used to me and my eccentricities since I think I'm funny, but I'm an acquired taste. Nice way of saying I irritate some with my style. :ugh:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Had the glock 42 and the girlfriend took it over. Been wanting a 43 or a 26....I ended up buying the 26 today. I already have a glock 19 so I'm happy the mags are able to be used. I still would want a 43 just becsuse (we love options don't we)

1. Yes, I do, especially in my beloved 22LRs.
    2. I have some serious trimming to do with buying the Glock 26 today, the Beretta Nano last week and I already had the SW MP Shield 9mm: going to cut at least 1 and maybe 2 if I have the courage. :dunno:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    You shouldn't get charged tax unless it's the transfer fees tax or the shop actually handled selling you the firearm. An FFL transfer is not always a purchase sometimes it's a gift or any number of things.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You shouldn't get charged tax unless it's the transfer fees tax or the shop actually handled selling you the firearm. An FFL transfer is not always a purchase sometimes it's a gift or any number of things.

1. Good to know. I've never bought online before. Thanks!

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Gallery of guns you pay taxes because it works as an extension of the FFL and your purchase is from the store rather than the website. Most every other out of state retailer is not taxed.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Got "new" Glock today off Bucknut today a 9:30 am for $400, a fair price.
    The beauty of it was that he has so many guns that he hadn't put hardly any rounds through it but enough to know it was Ok (I have read of peope getting new Glocks and they weren't right).

It has extra backstraps that come with it and I put on the "large" since I love a big grip, and it makes the Shield 9 and Nano seem like .380s by comparison.

Bucknut told me I could get a 12 round mag with a finger extension: PMAG 12 GL9 - Glock G26, which I will check into ordering this evening ($15)

The Glock 26 is a little longer than the Shield (3/8 inch); but 1/2 inch shorter than the Shield.

With my ankle holster, it isn't quite big enough unless I can buy a velcro strip with a snap on it, or have to buy a little bigger ankle holster for it.
    With my DeSanti Superfly pocket holster only a corner of the handle isn't covered by the "flap," no issue.

Range Report:
    I used 115 grain Winchester, 2 boxes: flawless, of course.
    30 feet / 6 rounds:
    1 w/i 4 inches

30 feet / 6 rounds:
    5 w/i 7 inches

21 feet / 10 rounds:
    5 w/i 2 inches
    10 w/i 5 inches

21 feet / 10 rounds:
    4 w/i 2 inches
    8 w/i 4 inches

15 feet / 10 rounds:
    3 w/i 1 inch
    7 w/in 3 inches
    10 w/i 4 inches

15 feet / 10 rounds:
    3 w/i 1 inch
    7 w/in 2 inches
    10 w/in 3 inches

15 feet / 5 rounds:
    4 w/in 3 inches
    6 w/in 4 inches

videodon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    New Albany
    I owned a 938 and enjoyed it, but sold it to fund another AK.
    ...so I still needed a single stack 9mm...
    I discovered the Ruger LC9s and wow, it's perfect and affordable.
    Great trigger and runs great too.
    I liked it so much that I bought the new "EC9s" for $80 less.
    (same as the LC9s except for the sights are milled into the slide and fewer slide serrations)
    These little Ruger 9s are great carry options too.
    :)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I owned a 938 and enjoyed it, but sold it to fund another AK.
    ...so I still needed a single stack 9mm...
    I discovered the Ruger LC9s and wow, it's perfect and affordable.
    Great trigger and runs great too.
    I liked it so much that I bought the new "EC9s" for $80 less.
    (same as the LC9s except for the sights are milled into the slide and fewer slide serrations)
    These little Ruger 9s are great carry options too.
    :)

1. I had one early on that I enjoyed.
    2. I bought one used for $250, and they ended up selling them new somewhere between $180 and $200: makes it hard to sell a used one, for sure.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That would explain an item I read in their FAQ's.

I advised doddg to give them a call and find out the facts.

1. Hey gmcttr! I did a follow-up call today to S.O.L. and they had received the FFL dealer's info yesterday and they were "processing" my order and she said it should be a couple of days till it gets shipped.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    FYI, the Galco Ankle Glove is the best ankle holster ever.

1. I was trying out another ankle holster I have this evening, which is a little bigger but I don't like the way it attaches to the ankle, not quite big enough for my swollen ankle.
    2. I will check it out.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom