• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Too many have tried to be the "good guy", end up marrying the psychos, having screwed up kids.
    It just gets worse.

Worked a large factory, saw many many examples of it.

The killer...........guys going from one train wreck to another. Hit retirement age and have nothing to show for it but a kid in prison and another living the same pattern.
    Break the cycle.

Crush the system.

Leave that woman, now.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    You need to be the first person to call the police, or you lose.

You can still lose. My son called the cops on his ex when she was manic and going nuts on him. She had been cutting herself and was out of control. She was slapping him around and he finally slapped her once in an attempt to calm her down. It was not like him to do that, and he swears he will never get himself into that position again. He called the cops to get her evaluated and try to get her some help. They saw he had red marks all over him, and he was stupid and denied to them that she had hit him. He was still trying to save her and get her help. She had one slap mark from him....he got hauled away in cuffs and spent 24 hours in jail. While he was sitting there waiting to be released, she was cleaning out his apartment and destroying much of what she didn't take. Luckily, she was stupid enough to post a lot of **** on her FB page and the prosecutor got a good idea of the crazy he was dealing with and agreed not to press charges. It still created issues with him at Purdue (they get copies of all reports related to domestic abuse incidents involving students) and in his licensing for pharmacy jobs he had after leaving school. We were able to get his record cleared up, but that one incident created a lot of issues for him down the road, and if the charges hadn't been dropped, I don't know where he would be now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You can still lose. My son called the cops on his ex when she was manic and going nuts on him. She had been cutting herself and was out of control. She was slapping him around and he finally slapped her once in an attempt to calm her down. It was not like him to do that, and he swears he will never get himself into that position again. He called the cops to get her evaluated and try to get her some help. They saw he had red marks all over him, and he was stupid and denied to them that she had hit him. He was still trying to save her and get her help. She had one slap mark from him....he got hauled away in cuffs and spent 24 hours in jail. While he was sitting there waiting to be released, she was cleaning out his apartment and destroying much of what she didn't take. Luckily, she was stupid enough to post a lot of **** on her FB page and the prosecutor got a good idea of the crazy he was dealing with and agreed not to press charges. It still created issues with him at Purdue (they get copies of all reports related to domestic abuse incidents involving students) and in his licensing for pharmacy jobs he had after leaving school. We were able to get his record cleared up, but that one incident created a lot of issues for him down the road, and if the charges hadn't been dropped, I don't know where he would be now.

Tell the man "Everything" and be up front as to what happened especially in a case like this.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Early in my career I responded to a violent domestic with "blood everywhere". In real broad strokes, female calls 911 says male cut her up. She is cut up. Male says she did it herself with a broken wine bottle. During a field interview, she confessed to doing so when I threatened to have the bottle printed. So, who calls first isn't really the deciding factor...although it is *A* factor. Being the person who calls sets up expectations, which is more powerful than many folks realize.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Apologies to any non crazy Tinnanys :D
    6162239.jpg

Well everyone is saying to run but I'm going to try and help her if I can, I know this wasn't her it was the beer and her depression it wasn't her normal self, so if she doesn't want help then it's over, she hasn't had a easy life her father was abusive and left her and her mom so all I can do is try I know she is a good person and needs help, yeah sounds stupid for a crazy girl but I can try

We can only give you advice. You have to decide what to do with it. Good luck and God speed.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

I was dating a girl w/ a rough past (split home, abuse, etc). We had a very minor verbal disagreement over something, like so minor voices weren't even raised. Then I hear from my friends she is telling people I was abusing her. I ended it right then. She apologized, told our friends she made it up, etc. Nope. Done. Bye. That was HS and my future didn't need that drama-to-be in its wake.

You're stuck after "I Do," up till then you have to know when to cut bait and re-cast... you do have to think with the brain in the cranium some, too.

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Well everyone is saying to run but I'm going to try and help her if I can, I know this wasn't her it was the beer and her depression it wasn't her normal self, so if she doesn't want help then it's over, she hasn't had a easy life her father was abusive and left her and her mom so all I can do is try I know she is a good person and needs help, yeah sounds stupid for a crazy girl but I can try

you can still help, but not as a BF. Be a friend, try to get her help. But get out, get on w/ a normal relationship somewhere else. You can white-knight it w/o being stuck taking crap.

-rvb

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom