Not open for further replies.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    I agree. Break it off. But meanwhile...

Don't ever talk with her again, even over the phone, and especially in person, without a functional audio recording. Just Don't. You may find yourself banned for life from owning guns if she decides to make you pay in the court system thru lying about events and happenings. Your cell phone has a recorder on it so you should always have one with you. Or you can buy a small, cheap dedicated digital recorder. Please don't let this be a case of "Oh God, I wished I had listened to what Rick had to say" six months from now.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I agree. Break it off. But meanwhile...

Don't ever talk with her again, even over the phone, and especially in person, without a functional audio recording. Just Don't. You may find yourself banned for life from owning guns if she decides to make you pay in the court system thru lying about events and happenings. Your cell phone has a recorder on it so you should always have one with you. Or you can buy a small, cheap dedicated digital recorder. Please don't let this be a case of "Oh God, I wished I had listened to what Rick had to say" six months from now.

Indiana is a 1 party state. Only one person in the conversation needs to know the call is being recorded to be done legally. (you are that one party and she doesnt need to be informed it is being recorded, assuming you are both in IN.)

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I hate to be adding to the chorus here, but unless she has been actively working with a trained professional, has shown signs of improvement, and this is a minor setback I think that you need to protect yourself and your future first and foremost. It appears that this lady has some significant issues that she has not managed to address, and has compounded that with some terrible life choices along the way. Nothing that you can do will help her. She needs to want things to be better, and from what you have said that is nowhere near happening.

This has many hallmarks of an emotionally abusive relationship for you. Your partner is emotionally unstable, has substituted substance abuse for medication/medical help, and is emotionally blackmailing you. Given the current trajectory of this relationship I do not see it ending well for either of you.

If you decide to make the decision to part ways then before you break the news you may want to discretely remove any personal/valuable/financial/etc. items away from where she may access them (as in move them to a trusted friend/family member's house). Given her poor choice in previous partners I would advocate that you have a third person, preferably female, as a credible witness to any events that unfold.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The 30 beer thing does it for me, hell, I can't even drink 30 beers in a 7 day period anymore! Like numerous others have said, RUN! Maybe I'm jaded in my old age, but to hell with her and all her emotional bull****, not your problem to solve, and there's plenty of others where she came from (well, you may not wanna look exactly where you found her, but you get the picture).....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After reviewing all of these posts I would only ask this of the OP.......Are you really stuck here. Nothing better on your horizon.
    This is a train wreck man. Get off while you still can.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Don't walk away from this woman. Run. As fast as you can.

You can't help someone who doesn't want to change. The only thing you will accomplish is having yourself shredded to the point that you are no better off than she is, and perhaps worse. Your sanity is a wonderful thing. Keep it by editing the crazy out of your life while you are still in a condition to do so. Don't give in to the whining and crying that is assured to happen a few days later. I don't care how pretty she is or how, well, talented she is. It just isn't worth f**king up the rest of your life over this.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    The answer to this is so obvious that the very existence of this thread makes me wonder if you need to seek some counseling yourself.

Unless you're under the age of 20. I'm willing to chalk that up to the folly of youth.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom